The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Wanna grind some AP for that Grand Overlord rank? Look no further ;)

crusnik91
crusnik91
✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tucS-lNePGc

Content Timeline:
Intro - 00:10
Basics - 00:54
Skill Level - 4:40
Solo PVP - 5:32
Small Scale PVP - 8:40
Large Scale PVP Raid - 10:42
Resource AP Grind - 14:55

TL;DW version:
- pick up AP buff
- play around offensive and defensive ticks
- use addon to monitor and improve AP gains
- play in a group (for newer or lower skill players)

Good luck grind them stars :)
YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
Courageous DC
Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
Relentless AD
Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So get ap buff and zerg?

Just follow zergs to keeps/ resources because zos in their infinite knowledge decided to give flat ap bonuses when taking stuff which only promoted zerging even more.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    So get ap buff and zerg?

Just follow zergs to keeps/ resources because zos in their infinite knowledge decided to give flat ap bonuses when taking stuff which only promoted zerging even more.

For a solo player with not much skill that's pretty much the only way to gain ap unfortunately

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    crusnik91 wrote: »
    - play in a group (for newer or lower skill players)

You will get more AP in a group, regardless of skill

but you know that
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to get Grand Overlord? Play PVP a lot. Like A LOT.

In the process, you'll learn the map and where the fights are. You'll learn the groups and who knows what they're doing and who doesn't. You'll learn how to live and when a fight is hopeless. You'll learn to heal and learn to kill. You'll repair walls. You'll take keeps. You'll solo resources and you'll zerg resources. You'll put in the time and effort to PVP day after day in order to earn AP to get that coveted rank.

Grand Warlord doesn't require you to be the best PVPer that ever lived. Grand Warlord doesn't require you to be be the best AP farmer in the campaign who can also wrangle the faction into crowning you emperor. Grand Warlord simply demands your time, your consistent effort, and your dedication to playing PVP on one character.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭

In the process, you'll learn the map and where the fights are. You'll learn the groups and who knows what they're doing and who doesn't. You'll learn how to live and when a fight is hopeless. You'll learn to heal and learn to kill. You'll repair walls. You'll take keeps. You'll solo resources and you'll zerg resources. You'll put in the time and effort to PVP day after day in order to earn AP to get that coveted rank.

Grand Warlord doesn't require you to be the best PVPer that ever lived. Grand Warlord doesn't require you to be be the best AP farmer in the campaign who can also wrangle the faction into crowning you emperor. Grand Warlord simply demands your time, your consistent effort, and your dedication to playing PVP on one character.

Thus this guide is for people who wants to achieve it quicker. simple as that

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't see anything in your guide that bypasses the need for a lot of time, effort, and consistently playing on one character. You've got a good guide. You do a really good job of explaining the basics of AP gain for new or less experienced players and explaining how to do the stuff I said they will learn. That certainly gives people a good idea how to start which they will then learn to do in actual practice. But, while the general principles of using the AP buff, being where the D-ticks and O-ticks are, and having the help of your faction mates are good for getting the most AP out of your play time, the grind to Grand Overlord still requires a ton of AP. Its still a substantial investment of time, effort, and consistently playing on one character.

A player who will not/can not invest the time, the effort, or the consistency of playing one character will not make Grand Overlord. A player who does will eventually make it, regardless of whether or not they follow your guide which still has good advice for a player who wants to maximize AP gains over a long period of time.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 17, 2017 2:05PM
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, stick to one character. I would have GO by now if I didn’t play like 7 different toons.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

Also, stick to one character. I would have GO by now if I didn’t play like 7 different toons.

Totally. I made Praetorian on my main PVP toon, a magDK healer, but not I'm picking up a stam warden and I'm a little bummed at the amount of time I'm missing out towards ranking up my main.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭

I didn't see anything in your guide that bypasses the need for a lot of time, effort, and consistently playing on one character. You've got a good guide. You do a really good job of explaining the basics of AP gain for new or less experienced players and explaining how to do the stuff I said they will learn. That certainly gives people a good idea how to start which they will then learn to do in actual practice. But, while the general principles of using the AP buff, being where the D-ticks and O-ticks are, and having the help of your faction mates are good for getting the most AP out of your play time, the grind to Grand Overlord still requires a ton of AP. Its still a substantial investment of time, effort, and consistently playing on one character.

A player who will not/can not invest the time, the effort, or the consistency of playing one character will not make Grand Overlord. A player who does will eventually make it, regardless of whether or not they follow your guide which still has good advice for a player who wants to maximize AP gains over a long period of time.

Can't argue with that. 60million ap isn't something easy to obtain.
    But the most recent 2x AP event is extremely significant for sure to achieve GO. Because I remember I got from rank Legate 2 to grand warlord 1 on my stamNB just from pvp-ing with guildies for that event alone
    Edited by crusnik91 on December 20, 2017 11:20PM

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So get ap buff and zerg?

It was so much fun in the old days to solo a resource only to have a 24man group show up just in time to kill your tick.
    [DC/NA]
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭

I pvp'd alot and still august palatine, grade 1.
    I take roleplaying to seriously...
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    So get ap buff and zerg?

Well it's an MMO for a reason, if you want small fights go do some dueling or battlegrounds.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Come to think of it. I play since early access and PvP'ed from lvl 10. I am still only rank 38 because I infest to little time in it.

But meh.... it's just a title. Couldn't care less.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll end up just like that guy I saw on Vivec a few months back, 3-4* spamming snipe and light attacks and nothing else :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |