Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Are there more players on the xbox than the computer?

robertosaget
robertosaget
Soul Shriven
I am playing ESO on steam and when i join the dungeon finder i notice sometimes it takes a while. On the xbox it looks like my friend gets in , in under 10 minutes. I am playing around 7-10pm est, is it just that there are more people on the xbox so it takes shorter to get in?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS statement is that population is pretty even between pc-xbox and ps.
    Note that dungeon finder has lots of issues, if you get you are put in front of queue message and have to wait multiple minutes stop queuing and try again, it will usually remember and prioritize you.

Assuming this is DD because of 10 minutes wait,
    Was it random or specific dungeon? normal or veteran, Normals has longer dps queues because more healer and tank builds at high level while all the causal and low level tend to queue as DD
    Specific dungeon is a bit harder to estimate, it can be an wait even as healer if not pledge dungeon.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon finder is not a good way to measure the population because there is an issue with Phantom Queues that you can wait in forever that will never proc a ready check. I know this because I have sat in a queue as a tank for a specific dungeon for over 10 minutes many times, did a hard reset of my xbox, queue for the same dungeon under the same role and gotten an instant ready check. As stated above it has lots of issues and your long wait times may have nothing to do with population.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^What these people said. If you're in a queue for 10 mins, get out and then re-queue. Often you'll get in a group right away then.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • robertosaget
    robertosaget
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the advice on retrying the dungeon finder after a certain threshold. I didnt know that