Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil's broken, here's how to fix it

ArgoCye
ArgoCye
✭✭✭✭
This is more of a discussion starter because I get the feeling ZoS is out of ideas. Cyrodiil is a joke. It rewards toxic gameplay and the scoring system is too easily gamed. The good news is that I think the solutions are quite smple.

The Zerg Problem - if you are in the safety of a zerg you should have your XP and AP gains reduced. Something like:

Solo to 6 - usual XP and AP
7 to 12 - three quarters XP and AP
13 to 18 - half XP and AP
19 to 24 - a quarter XP and AP

The Scoring Problem - getting the same points for everything is stupid and rewards mindless play. I suggest:

Resources and outposts at 1 point.
Castles are 3 points.
Scrolls are 9 points.
Home keeps and resources can remain double.

I am not saying these are the only or even best solutions, but something needs to happen to stop Cyrodiil becoming completely empty. ZoS should also look at revising down the pop caps.

Anyhow, that's my bit. I hope ZoS is reading.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the solutions were that simple they would already be in place..
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS have neglected Cyrodiil for months. I'm sick of the inaction - maybe my suggestions won't help, but they have to do something.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArgoCye wrote: »
    ZoS have neglected Cyrodiil for months. I'm sick of the inaction - maybe my suggestions won't help, but they have to do something.

You must be new here

Enjoy your wait
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are to busy nerfing every class pvpers complain about to fix pvp
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

You must be new here

Enjoy your wait

LOL. Playing since beta. But I understand your frustration. I am just hoping they look as taking some small step like the one mentioned above, rather than the big ones they usually take like trying to fix performance issues that end up breaking the game for months.

• TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop. Complaining. About. Zergs.

Cyrodil was made to play around zergs, with the intention of massive armies of players battling one another, which imo, is pretty god damm cool. Why do you think there are forts in the first place?

If you want to play solo, you can. Just don't expect to totally annihilate zergs every time okay? ZOS even gave people who enjoy smaller scale battlegrounds (unfortunately it's behind a paywall and is balanced mess).

In terms of scoring, decent suggestions, but ZOS probably won't do it anyway.
    Edited by TheUndeadAmulet on December 16, 2017 1:48AM
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is the solution always to punish larger groups, zergs, etc? Cyrodiil was designed for large scale battles. Yes, it is a shame about the lag and fps, disconnections.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both previous posters obvioulsy do not spend much time in Cyrodiil. 60 man zerg vs 60 man zerg is NOT happening atm. The reality is 60 man zerg vs 10, which is a result of overly simplistic pop caps and reward mechanics.

I have no problem with zergs, but it goes back to risk reward. if you want the safety of a zerg, the there should be a trade off in other benefits.

Bottom line is the population in Cyrodiil has been steadily dropping now for many onths. There is only one active server and during the week even that is almost empty. But, yeah, Cyrodiil is fine.

• Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really want Cyro fixed it needs to be completely separated from PvE, given it's own dev team, and its own server.
    Then ya'll can go gank each other and cry about 'cancer builds' till your cross-eyed and the main portion of the game won't have to be affected by it.
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    But it’s an AvA game bruh,

Moooo zergssss
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Zerg Problem - if you are in the safety of a zerg you should have your XP and AP gains reduced

Has been done in every other MMO. Changes nothing!
    Let everyone just play however they want. It's just a game. Most people wanna have fun and don't care about AP/XP/Gold/whatever.
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is designed for groups of 8 to 24 players. The objective-based gameplay encourages players to head to objectives that are important to their faction.

Large groups are a feature, not a bug. Deal with it.