Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Have to buy all dlc again when playing on another server?

Swernik
Swernik
✭✭✭
I recently created a character on the NA server on ps4 for casual play and enjoy the journey to lvl 50 wihout cp etc.. But all the dlc is locked and I cant acces it. Do I really have to buy it again? That would be strange.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have ESO+? I know with ESO+ stuff is carried over there.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you have to buy it again, although if you have ESO+, you can still play all the DLCs for free with the subscription even on the new server. Other things don't transfer to another server (such as costumes, mounts, etc ... those don't transfer). A purchased expansion like Morrowind that isn't unlocked with ESO+ will not transfer.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on December 13, 2017 11:39PM
  • Emmeric1964
    Emmeric1964
    ✭✭
    Buying the sub give you all the DLC access plus extra bank space and the crafting bag.

Without it, if you buy Dark Brotherhood on one server, you need to buy it also on the other for access. Each DLC purchase only works for your account on one server.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really? The DLC doesn't go across servers? That's gross. Something should be done about that (nothing will be done)
  • Swernik
    Swernik
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarification guys
  • Swernik
    Swernik
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Really? The DLC doesn't go across servers? That's gross. Something should be done about that (nothing will be done)

Yeah a real moneygrabber if you ask me
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swernik wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Yeah a real moneygrabber if you ask me

And even worse to boot if you have ESO plus still can't use Morrowind if you own it. I'm willing to accept it's an oversight that they just didn't test trying to use DLCs across servers but if that's the case then it needs to be revisited. I was considering starting an EU character to play with some people I know on there but knowing I won't have Morrowind even though I sub and own Morrowind.

Edit: Morrowind might be the only one that carries over will have to test this myself.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on December 14, 2017 5:11AM
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have eso plus, own morrowind and can access it on the EU servers. On ps4 I bought the gold edition for NA and the mount that came with it carried over. None of the crown store stuff did :(
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have eso plus, own morrowind and can access it on the EU servers. On ps4 I bought the gold edition for NA and the mount that came with it carried over. None of the crown store stuff did :(

Really? I'll have to try it myself then.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought morrowind from the site itself here, it crosses over to both NA and EU, not sure what you guys are talking about...

Now DLCs bought in the crown store, yeah it sucks, they're server bound, not account bound.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    I bought morrowind from the site itself here, it crosses over to both NA and EU, not sure what you guys are talking about...

Now DLCs bought in the crown store, yeah it sucks, they're server bound, not account bound.

I think MW is the rare exception because it is an expansion and is purchased out of the crown store, as you mentioned.

I have ESO plus so it's not an issue for me, but a huge deterrent for me switching servers is the fact you have to start everything from scratch :/ No CP, no levels, no characters. It's kind of bollocks considering most games have an option to change servers at will with no dumb penalties... sucks even more for me because I'm an NA player, and the only serious ESO players I know personally are on the EU servers - so I'm all alone :(
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Items bought from crown store do not transfer. Items bought physically, from the account page, and/or added with a code do.

For instance if you bought the imperial version of the game and added the code through your account page you would have the items and access to play as an Imperial on both. If you bought the upgrade from the crown store it would only be on the server you used the crowns on. The gold version of the game will give the 4 DLCs to both servers. The crown store item that gives the 4 DLCs will only be on the server purchased from.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, the only things that carry over cross-server are Morrowind, the Imperial Edition (if you bought it before the Crown Store was implemented, maybe if you buy it through Steam), the Explorer Pack, the Palomino Horse (again, if you bought it before the introduction of the Crown Store), and the Veteran rewards, (if you got them (the Senche Tiger, Mask of Cheerful Slaughter, Dwarven Sphere pet, and Ice Wraith pet.))
  • pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that doom wolf that I got from my friend as a key was transferred to NA from EU, so I suppose redeemed codes also get transferred.
    PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind works because it's not a DLC. It's an actual version of the game. It's why Gold and Imperial editions work too.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a weird system. Nothing that's purchased in the crown store carries over. That means dlcs, costumes, game upgrades such as "any race any alliance" etc. But things purchased OUTSIDE of the crown store do carry over. That involves sub itself, Morrowind and game upgrades purchased prior to crown store, for example I have the "any race any alliance" pack from launch and I can access it on both servers.