The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

My build is trash. Give me suggestions!

Ohhgrizyyy
Ohhgrizyyy
✭✭✭✭
My broke @ss just returned to the game in months. Made a PvP Magplar with DW/SnB

5 Heavy, 2 Light

5 Shacklebreaker
5 Riposte
1 Domihaus
1 Slimecraw

Stats on paper looks good...But I actually hit like a noodle. Anyways. I want to hit harder...I still would like tankiness but at this point I want more damage. Here's my few ideas

(5 Light Fortified Brass, 5 Spinners, 2 Skoria/Blood Spawn)

(5 Overwhelming Surge, 5 Spinners, 2 Skoria)

(5 Heavy Mechanical Acuity, 5 Spinners, 2 Skoria)

All would be a DW/SnB setup. If anybody runs or has any experience with any of the above setups let me know. My build looks good on paper, 2500 Spell dmg, 1800 recovery, 40k mag, 18k stam, 25-27k resistances and like 25-26k hp. But I still get bursted down and hit like a noodle...

Let me know any suggestions.
Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    6 Light, 1 Heavy - DW/Resto
    5 Transmutation (2 Nirnhoned Swords, 3 Jewelry)
    5 Wizard's Riposte (Impen Light Body)
    2 Valkyn (Heavy Head, Light Shoulders)
    1 Maelstrom Restoration Staff

PS4 NA
    PSN: hatoreehanzo
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hatoreehanzo
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For DMG, overwhelming surge is awesome. Plus it takes NBs out of cloak

Acuity needs a build around it, so while it can be cool it's hard to comment

Spinner is solid, just blah imo lol ;)

BiS defensive sets are: Riposte, Impregnable, Transmutation, Pariah, then moves into Brass I believe.

Personally, because I really like the set, I would try something involving Surge (I hate cloak)

Acuity is sparking my interest though....

Oh and @Minno should share his awesome Templar. Don't wanna ruin his fun so hopefully he'll tell you about it if I summon him
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht damn your summoning! Lol

@Ohhgrizyyy what's your race? Not that it matters too much, but it might help with CP placement and gear selection, as some races have stats that work with some skills/traits. I like the 6 light recommendation mentioned above with some changes:
    "5 Light, 2 Heavy - DW/Resto
    5 Transmutation (1 Nirnhoned Main hand swords, 1 sharpened off hand sword 3 Jewelry)
    2 Valkyn (Heavy Head, Heavy Shoulders)
    1 Maelstrom Restoration Staff "
    6 light is generally too squishy and the only benefit to running the extra light piece is for cost reduction and sustain. But templars have cost reduction in their passives, but need stamina Regen, spell damage and penetration. Also nirn on offhand is wasted; I read somewhere here that the nirn bonus isn't applied properly on the offhand bar. Much better to go for sharpened, then add enough penetration through CP to get 8- 9k penetration.

As waffen pointed out, I have a Templar that uses the following sets (5 light):
    -5pc transmutation (1 sharp sword, 3 jewels, 1 body)
    -5pc daedric trickery ( 4 body, 1 nirn sword, 1 resto staff)
    - 2pc slimecraw (or valkyn or grothdarr for group play)-
    Lots of people are trying out daedric Trickery this patch, but it needs light armor to be effective offensively. It's still tough to play, but its helps give back major healing buffs Templars lost. Here's a small Bgs video I made showing it. It's not perfect, but it works for me and is a nice mix of DMG and healing. My other Templar uses prisoners rags with transmutation and I'm going to be looking into swapping transmutation with Prisoners on the daedric build soon, once I find the right defense:
    https://youtu.be/J5bLuxPnw1M

If these don't look fun to you, you should switch your current sets around to make it work in light armor:
    DW/frost staff

2 Heavy, 5 Light

5 Shacklebreaker (4 body light, nirn sword, frost staff))
    5 Riposte (3 jewels, belt, sharp sword)
    2 PC valkyn/slimecraw
    Tri food+ atro mundas (or trip glyth on legs,chest,Helmut and running witch mother's with spell DMG mundas) with all DMG enchants on jewels

Reason for frost staff, is to slot ele drain for extra penetration and sustain. This is superior to running spinners. And if you don't take a staff passive, you can block with stamina instead of magic while still having the block passives (I think this is still true). You don't need 1pc dominus if you are using shackle in my opinion; much better to get your offense from 2pcvalkyn + dots or use 2pc slimecraw + unstable core/puryfing light burst.

Either way let me know if you have any questions!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if you go 2 h, 5 L, leave your shackle breaker chest as heavy and craft shackle legs in deadric style legs in light. This will create a badass looking Templar that looks like the cyro Daggerfall guard NPCs!
    Edited by Minno on December 12, 2017 5:14PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minno the nirn bonus applies properly to the off hand weapon. But the offhand weapon contributes a small amount to your total weapon damage. On main hand you gain ~1350+nirn bonus, since the offhand weapon adds less damage(~250 in guessing, I’ll test and update) you get the nirn bonus on what it’s adding to your overall damage. This means you get a much higher benefit out of precise(with 1.65 CHD) then sharpened for off hand, in that order.

I really like surge-BS-Trans-DW willpower/masters destro(pick one for front bar). Destro is very strong since transmutation+Ele Drain is all the sustain you need and the extra pen means you deal more damage than DW swords gives you.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 12, 2017 5:31PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @Minno the nirn bonus applies properly to the off hand weapon. But the offhand weapon contributes a small amount to your total weapon damage. On main hand you gain ~1350+nirn bonus, since the offhand weapon adds less damage(~250 in guessing, I’ll test and update) you get the nirn bonus on what it’s adding to your overall damage. This means you get a much higher benefit out of precise(with 1.65 CHD) then sharpened for off hand, in that order.

I really like surge-BS-Trans-DW willpower/masters destro(pick one for front bar)

Ok that's what I was referring to. I couldn't properly explain it lol.

Still I went sharpened, since I was under 7k and needed more CP dedicated to boost both jabs and Unstable Core.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    @Waffennacht damn your summoning! Lol

@Ohhgrizyyy what's your race? Not that it matters too much, but it might help with CP placement and gear selection, as some races have stats that work with some skills/traits. I like the 6 light recommendation mentioned above with some changes:
    "5 Light, 2 Heavy - DW/Resto
    5 Transmutation (1 Nirnhoned Main hand swords, 1 sharpened off hand sword 3 Jewelry)
    2 Valkyn (Heavy Head, Heavy Shoulders)
    1 Maelstrom Restoration Staff "
    6 light is generally too squishy and the only benefit to running the extra light piece is for cost reduction and sustain. But templars have cost reduction in their passives, but need stamina Regen, spell damage and penetration. Also nirn on offhand is wasted; I read somewhere here that the nirn bonus isn't applied properly on the offhand bar. Much better to go for sharpened, then add enough penetration through CP to get 8- 9k penetration.

As waffen pointed out, I have a Templar that uses the following sets (5 light):
    -5pc transmutation (1 sharp sword, 3 jewels, 1 body)
    -5pc daedric trickery ( 4 body, 1 nirn sword, 1 resto staff)
    - 2pc slimecraw (or valkyn or grothdarr for group play)-
    Lots of people are trying out daedric Trickery this patch, but it needs light armor to be effective offensively. It's still tough to play, but its helps give back major healing buffs Templars lost. Here's a small Bgs video I made showing it. It's not perfect, but it works for me and is a nice mix of DMG and healing. My other Templar uses prisoners rags with transmutation and I'm going to be looking into swapping transmutation with Prisoners on the daedric build soon, once I find the right defense:
    https://youtu.be/J5bLuxPnw1M

If these don't look fun to you, you should switch your current sets around to make it work in light armor:
    DW/frost staff

2 Heavy, 5 Light

5 Shacklebreaker (4 body light, nirn sword, frost staff))
    5 Riposte (3 jewels, belt, sharp sword)
    2 PC valkyn/slimecraw
    Tri food+ atro mundas (or trip glyth on legs,chest,Helmut and running witch mother's with spell DMG mundas) with all DMG enchants on jewels

Reason for frost staff, is to slot ele drain for extra penetration and sustain. This is superior to running spinners. And if you don't take a staff passive, you can block with stamina instead of magic while still having the block passives (I think this is still true). You don't need 1pc dominus if you are using shackle in my opinion; much better to get your offense from 2pcvalkyn + dots or use 2pc slimecraw + unstable core/puryfing light burst.

Either way let me know if you have any questions!

They all sound interesting lol, My race currently is a High Elf but if I wanted to change it I got the crowns to lol

• Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    i play lexxys setup with dw golden willpower swords. works pretty well for me since i dont have master weapons

i go slightley more dmg because of skoria
    Edited by Trashs1 on December 13, 2017 8:16AM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Lt_f82TN8
    perhaps this could be useful for u :)
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    crusnik91 wrote: »

Seen it already, Looked interesting but I think the route I've decided to take is 5 Riposte, 5 Overwhelming Surge, 2 Skoria

• Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »

Seen it already, Looked interesting but I think the route I've decided to take is 5 Riposte, 5 Overwhelming Surge, 2 Skoria

i have not acces at work to yt but if this is his light brass build, its good just he dont uses a spear ability on snb bar, which is highly recomendet for the block passive

the route u wana go is my actual setup and works verry well. just slot mistform backbar as a escaping tool // sprint tool and u are fine

also make sure u get the at least 75 point in the blue tree with the node "10% more dmg vs offbalanced enemies"
    Edited by Trashs1 on December 13, 2017 10:40AM
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My broke @ss just returned to the game in months. Made a PvP Magplar with DW/SnB

5 Heavy, 2 Light

5 Shacklebreaker
    5 Riposte
    1 Domihaus
    1 Slimecraw

Stats on paper looks good...But I actually hit like a noodle. Anyways. I want to hit harder...I still would like tankiness but at this point I want more damage. Here's my few ideas

All would be a DW/SnB setup. If anybody runs or has any experience with any of the above setups let me know. My build looks good on paper, 2500 Spell dmg, 1800 recovery, 40k mag, 18k stam, 25-27k resistances and like 25-26k hp. But I still get bursted down and hit like a noodle...

Uhh, hate to say it but judging by those stats you don't have a trash build. I believe the problem exists inbetween the chair you sit in and the PS4.

I'd use 5 light instead of 5 heavy. :)
    Edited by Akinos on December 13, 2017 5:33PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I would never ever run brass on magplar. Riposte and trans both offer superior mitigation on magika builds out of their 5 piece, have more desirable 2-4 pieces and only need to be active on one bar, allowing you to run DW willpower or masters destro.

Since you’re using lich, Pariah is a superior defensive set(and comes in arcane jewels)using both 5pcs on both bars as is impregnable.

Edited by Lexxypwns on December 13, 2017 6:36PM
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

5 Heavy, 2 Light

5 Shacklebreaker
    5 Riposte
    1 Domihaus
    1 Slimecraw

Uhh, hate to say it but judging by those stats you don't have a trash build. I believe the problem exists inbetween the chair you sit in and the PS4.

I mean most of sweeps are hitting 800-900 per...I love everything about it besides my damage. Or well most everything. I can't have that bad of damage tbh
    Edited by Ohhgrizyyy on December 13, 2017 7:09PM

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭

I would never ever run brass on magplar. Riposte and trans both offer superior mitigation on magika builds out of their 5 piece, have more desirable 2-4 pieces and only need to be active on one bar, allowing you to run DW willpower or masters destro.

Since you’re using lich, Pariah is a superior defensive set(and comes in arcane jewels)using both 5pcs on both bars as is impregnable.

What do you personally think about Riposte and Overwhelming together? Does Riposte give as much mitigation as brass would? If I want more tankiness after this should I switch to brass or?

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 Heavy, 2 Light

5 Shacklebreaker
    5 Riposte
    1 Domihaus
    1 Slimecraw

I mean most of sweeps are hitting 800-900 per...I love everything about it besides my damage. Or well most everything. I can't have that bad of damage tbh

Your Sweeps are hitting for 800 to 900 damage!???

Dude...that's...low.
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭

5 Heavy, 2 Light

5 Shacklebreaker
    5 Riposte
    1 Domihaus
    1 Slimecraw

Dude...that's...low.

Trust me I know lmfao...Sad part is fully buffed I have 2500 or so spell dmg

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭

5 Heavy, 2 Light

5 Shacklebreaker
    5 Riposte
    1 Domihaus
    1 Slimecraw

Dude...that's...low.

And it's 800-900 per actual sweep hit btw

• lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    I tried overwhelming and the dmg from the proc was really bad. Wouldnt suggest using it tbh.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    I tried overwhelming and the dmg from the proc was really bad. Wouldnt suggest using it tbh.

Yea I'm already tired of farming it...Prolly just gomna use spinners. Rather just farm gold and buy it lol

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What do you personally think about Riposte and Overwhelming together? Does Riposte give as much mitigation as brass would? If I want more tankiness after this should I switch to brass or?

I prefer trans over riposte, it’s less defense but it lets you build differently, the added sustain let’s you recoup damage on jewels and the crit resistance is less readily available than minor maim.

You’ll need to add stam sustain(tri-glyphs+?), magika sustain(WM, ele drain, the bad morph of run) and max magika to your build(mage stone, inner light, whatever). With destro front bar you’ll hit ~3200 fully buffed spell damage and with DW ~3500. I really prefer destro to DW for surge setups since it allows you to run ele drain and make surge hit harder with the extra pen.

There’s some nice, off-meta builds with Ice staff. Ice staff + ele drain for example, is the same damage as DW(ele drain adds as much damage as TBaB but you’ll still have Lower base spell damage) and you can apply chilled to get access to minor maim, then you can run trans back bar and get both defensive bonuses, plus with trans+drain you can run tri-food, all spell damage on jewelry and an aggressive mundus choice to answer the issues the riposte+surge setup has. Basically you’ll be able to top out at ~3800 spell damage and have maim+3500 crit resist
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 14, 2017 3:57AM
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭

omg plz if u dont know the truth power of sure dont share missinformation ><

surge does for u:
    pull out nbs of cloak
    dot does low dmg true, but often procs concussion on enemy whats 8% more dmg for u (every other set gives about 5% more dmg on the 5 piece)
    with tactican cp star u get on a target with concusson another 10% more dmg
    the 2-4 set bonis are the best out there possible

when u do a full combo on your target (dot-> entropy-> potl -> gap closer -> jabs -> downbreaker/soul assault and concussion was up the enemy is dead! at least 90% of time
    Edited by Trashs1 on December 14, 2017 7:08AM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lynog85 the DoT is secondary to breaking cloak and proc’ing concussion. Surge is the strongest single target PVP set in the game
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »

surge does for u:
    pull out nbs of cloak
    dot does low dmg true, but often procs concussion on enemy whats 8% more dmg for u (every other set gives about 5% more dmg on the 5 piece)

when u do a full combo on your target (dot-> entropy-> potl -> gap closer -> jabs -> downbreaker/soul assault and concussion was up the enemy is dead! at least 90% of time

I'll still end up farming it to test it but for now I'm just gonna run spinners lol, I'm tired of farming surge lol

• Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »

surge does for u:
    pull out nbs of cloak

I'll still end up farming it to test it but for now I'm just gonna run spinners lol, I'm tired of farming surge lol

thats a legit reason, just wanted to clarify that miss information
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    @lynog85 the DoT is secondary to breaking cloak and proc’ing concussion. Surge is the strongest single target PVP set in the game

Yeah i know but the actual dmg jusr seems a bit too low. Duelling i can see how is useful. Openworld, not so much @Lexxypwns
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Consider that it’s ~70 less spell damage than julianos, hard counters cloak for ALL enemies in a 12m radius(yes, the proc is an aoe although it damages only 1 enemy, during the proc all stealthed enemies get removed from stealth every tick), procs concussion(8% damage boost, where spinners is ~5%), and does resource free single target damage which can proc skoria.

This set has the most desirable 2-4 pc in the game and it allows you to still get great max stats. It’s not like you’re giving up good max stats to run Surge, you still top 3k spell damage and depending on your second set and facials you’ll hit ~40k magika on a build with great utility and high concussion uptime.

Btw, concussion, spell pen, minor/major berserk, thaum, exploiter, and ele expert all boost surge damage even though it can’t crit, you’ll take this into account with your CP layout.

For something like magplar, Surge really helps you stick damage on NBs open world without needing to run any other cloak counter, this opens you up to not need detect pots, something that’s virtually essential to beat a good NB otherwise.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 14, 2017 2:57PM