Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is pvp on the zos table for 2018?

Bhaal5
Bhaal5
✭✭✭✭✭
In all seriousness, is pvp being considered through any of the major updates through q1, 2, 3 or 4 of 2018?
A answer (even a broad open answer) from zos would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by Bhaal5 on December 13, 2017 8:01AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice.

And removing CP from Battlegrounds
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Hexyl
    Hexyl
    ✭✭✭
    This game have such potential for pvp..
    That's sad Zos neglects it so much.

We have to make it at our own.. make guild for 4v4 / 3v3 in cyro and build tournaments with our rules to bring balance.. So sad.

We are the ZOS's Lost children !
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very much so, the base of its ok (i guess) but things like
    -actually competition instead of server switching alliance jumping mess it currently is
    -gvg (guild vs guild) or just a space (within or out of cyrodiil) to allow for this sort of event, so the soloists/arenaist can go play and be happy (in every kitchen the salt has to be put somewhere right?)
    -server infrastructure, if one of quarter updates was this alone, id literally have nothing to whinge about each day

Pvp could be a big chuck of end game content like other games that have this sort if pvp. But in its current state.... Well it aint pretty
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes just look at how successful PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is!.. I'm sure PVP used to be as much fun as PUBG
    ZOS need to up they game big time..
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moonio wrote: »
    Yes just look at how successful PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is!.. I'm sure PVP used to be as much fun as PUBG
    ZOS need to up they game big time..

It’s so funny how this game had the chance to be one of the first battle royales but the developers were stuck on making money off crown store and eso plus lol. If only
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    already on the table, in a storage room in the basement probably :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All we really know right now is they intend to:

"Investigating Perma-blocking
    Adjust the block calculations so that cost reduction happens first (might have to reduce the block cost slightly as a result)
    Investigate adding something to Champion passives, or an item set to increase the block cost"
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All we really know right now is they intend to:

"Investigating Perma-blocking
    Adjust the block calculations so that cost reduction happens first (might have to reduce the block cost slightly as a result)
    Investigate adding something to Champion passives, or an item set to increase the block cost"

Aka nothing.
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    What I'd like to see PVP-wise is a slightly smaller alternative to Cyrodiil with slightly different objectives and mechanics. Or something like a new gameplay layer for Cyrodiil itself.
    Of course both without destroying the current experience, which I love.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boggo wrote: »
    What I'd like to see PVP-wise is a slightly smaller alternative to Cyrodiil with slightly different objectives and mechanics. Or something like a new gameplay layer for Cyrodiil itself.

Like Imperial City?

:trollface:

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the new PvE zone has a PvP toggle that allows players who press it to be able to kill and be killed by others who have used the PvP toggle. Tie it in to Boethiah or something and only allow people to turn it on or off at a shrine of boethiah or something like that

I really miss real open world PvP
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Just let me fight anyone, anywhere.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Hopefully the new PvE zone has a PvP toggle that allows players who press it to be able to kill and be killed by others who have used the PvP toggle. Tie it in to Boethiah or something and only allow people to turn it on or off at a shrine of boethiah or something like that

See that’s the problem, that was the justice system they wanted to implement but people complained aka “ people who don’t want to interact with others” that they don’t want to randomly die in vanilla zones. EVEN AFTER IT WAS SAID THAT THE OPTION TO KILL OTHER PLAYERS WOULD BE OFF AUTOMATICALLY, THOSE SAME PEOPLE
    COMPLAINED
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LokoMatic wrote: »
    Just let me fight anyone, anywhere.

this ^
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »

See that’s the problem, that was the justice system they wanted to implement but people complained aka “ people who don’t want to interact with others” that they don’t want to randomly die in vanilla zones. EVEN AFTER IT WAS SAID THAT THE OPTION TO KILL OTHER PLAYERS WOULD BE OFF AUTOMATICALLY, THOSE SAME PEOPLE
    COMPLAINED

Yeah they’d have to tie it into a FFA system that’s either on or off, not the justice system.

Make it have to do with boethiah to make the role players happy.

Towns are safe zones because they are encompasses by a shrine of mara or something like that.

Biggest problem would be people camping the gates to get out of town. So we’d have to make multiple shrines of boethiah that the players would have have to visit to enable PvP, and those shrines would have to be spread out all over the zone (but not in town).

Could be fun.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    boggo wrote: »

Like Imperial City?

:trollface:

@Sigtric I love Imperial City! =)
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    To help lag... how about dedicated pvp servers for those people who are paying monthly for the game?
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    To help lag... how about dedicated pvp servers for those people who are paying monthly for the game?

Didnt rift do that? Hows that going for them?
  • Hiro_Kintsugi
    Hiro_Kintsugi
    ✭✭
    My PVP wishlist:

1. Create more chess like strategies and add more battlefield tactics for us to use. More content like say key supply lines and battlefields. Adding towns and Imperial City was a good idea. It would be nice if Imperial City counted in some way instead of just drawing population from the main battle.

2. Offer up a way folks having one CP 160 main to bypass the PVE content for their other characters when leveling with a really challenging arena and a leveled performance award with a median equal to an average character.
    They should be level 10 or 15 when finished. This way primary PVP players can test builds and help out new players in lower levels without being bored to tears with the same old content.

3. A server with randomly generated content that challenges and changes things up. Random quest that effect the campaign. That would be way cool.

4. Softlocked Campaigns. Play another faction before the campaign time is up and lose rewards or get fined.
    At least reward loyalty.

5. More creative anti-zerg strategies. Like in real combat a ball of crappy players should be vulnerable not invincible.
    I for one like the idea of support class builds including the bombers.
    Bosmer Wolfrider
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    New maps for BGs is supposed to be our PvP content. PvP always gets left behind.

Please bring IC to base game and add some incentive to go there. And why aren't there unique, hard to obtain, skins/personalities/mounts/costumes for PvP related achievement?
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can console get some love on the lag front please?

I understand that this game is nowhere near optimized to run at capped frames on consoles, but they ported it and refuse to address the insane lag

I envy you PC players that get to experience bar swapping and skills working you use them.

Phantom deaths and watching your character stand still as you try to break CC is as bad as it’s ever been.

When I can ply early when servers aren’t capped, it’s not as bad, but during weekends it’s pointless.

I’m too much of a TES fan to walk away and only PvE, but I really don’t see why console has been left to die on the server side of things.

(I know there’s only so much that can be done when frames are capped, but other games do not struggle anywhere near as bad as ESO does with a lot of players on at one time.)
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like an answer on this before i invest any more money in this game.