The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Weaving with melee magblade

Knootewoot
Knootewoot
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Does it work for you? With all the mobility in the game I find it hard to weave LA's with concealed weapon. Even hitting the concealed weapon takes practice because enemies always move out of range. Yesterday was a good day for me and a lot I wanted worked with melee magblade. But still, weaving the attacks was hard and I still have sore fingers from it. I hardly did any magical arrows because I could not get 4 LA's off.

It works better with ranged (destroy) but then, weaving with swallow soul I can only do medium attack instead of light.
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
"I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cripple snare helps a ton
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Does it work for you? With all the mobility in the game I find it hard to weave LA's with concealed weapon. Even hitting the concealed weapon takes practice because enemies always move out of range. Yesterday was a good day for me and a lot I wanted worked with melee magblade. But still, weaving the attacks was hard and I still have sore fingers from it. I hardly did any magical arrows because I could not get 4 LA's off.

It works better with ranged (destroy) but then, weaving with swallow soul I can only do medium attack instead of light.

DW? Console?

As a long time DW user for MNB I can tell you right now getting merciless to proc mid combat is extremely difficult. I quit trying. I also back bar mine. Occasionally I'll hear the proc and hit someone but not often enough to rely on it.

Are you having trouble hitting with light and heavy in general?
    Options
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weaving with some nightblade skills are quite clunky. As mentioned by the OP, swallow soul is one. You kind of have to put a hitch in your slight hitch in your rotation in order to get consistent light attack. So, instead of LA Skill LA Skill, you need to do LA Skill <wait> LA Skill.
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

DW? Console?

As a long time DW user for MNB I can tell you right now getting merciless to proc mid combat is extremely difficult. I quit trying. I also back bar mine. Occasionally I'll hear the proc and hit someone but not often enough to rely on it.

Dual wield yes on PC. Yeah i have trouble hitting people in general with light and heavy attack haha :smile:

I am currently practicing a lot in a guildies house on target skellies. I just want to get better at it.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weaving with inferno staff of the one that is bugged the most. I have never had a problem with concealed. Inferno staff you can't animation cancel your light attack with a skill, you almost need to one Mississippi between light attack and strife. This has been a problem for a while. There is another thread where this has another ready been discussed
    Options
  • Six0
    Six0
    Datthaw wrote: »
    I have never had a problem with concealed.
    Really? One Mississippi rule feels the same for melee concealed weave when I do it, not as bad as inferno+swallow but definitely not as fluid as 2h dizzy or force pulse weaving.
    Options
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Weaving inferno staff sucks. Weaving swallow soul sucks. I either weave swallow and resto LA or weave inferno with force pulse, but never both together.

Sometimes I wonder if ZOS does their testing in the office where their ping is ~1 ms and just slaps an approval on it before thinking about everyone else playing at ~100-150 ms.
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys block canceling the previous skill?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, but I run a 2H sword.

Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

DW? Console?

Dual wield yes on PC. Yeah i have trouble hitting people in general with light and heavy attack haha :smile:

I am currently practicing a lot in a guildies house on target skellies. I just want to get better at it.

Targeting has a lot of issues in general. One thing to take note is the difference in range from PVE to PVP.

You can stand about 5 meters away from a target dummy and still hit. In pvp you get about 2 meters. I'm on console so I never actually let go of heavy attack.

If you light attack someone with DW it will snare them. I normally move my cursor across their chest when I'm mid swing. Light attacks are a lot harder to land especially when in the heat of a fight.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk. Since they buffed the fire staff for single target damage I don't see as much benefit b merit for DW. Especially since light attacks shoild be stronger on a staff which is even more significant with the buffs made to light attacks.
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Idk. Since they buffed the fire staff for single target damage I don't see as much benefit b merit for DW. Especially since light attacks shoild be stronger on a staff which is even more significant with the buffs made to light attacks.

2 5pc sets with monster
    2 glyphs with status effects
    Fighting Against Wings
    Good bit of the toolskit is melee based
    Not the normal so can be difficult to fight
    Options
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    I really dislike the weaving mechanics in this game. Try slowing down your attacks a bit.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're concerned with getting off the assassin's will bow you really have to make use of the buffs uptime and kite your opponents with ranged attacks. I use a resto on my back bar so I just weave resto light attacks with cripple or entropy. Having a spell damage enchant on my resto also helps we ensure that I'll have the damage I need when i finally jump in and use melee. You just have to understand that magblade has to set up their burst a lot more than stamblade.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

2 5pc sets with monster
    2 glyphs with status effects
    Fighting Against Wings
    Good bit of the toolskit is melee based
    Not the normal so can be difficult to fight

Melee would have nothing to do with my comment you replied to, staves work just fine in melee distance last time I checked.

The question is more about does one get more from the extra gear slot going DW or from the extra damage from weaving in light attacks with a staff should provide.

They very significant percentage of total damage with the current game design and the thread was created.
    Options
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Count one between weaves
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Does that help? When I tried it, it felt like I had a delay with block being up. Lol. Only on my NB too for some reason
    Options
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

It's not the animation cancel of soul swallow that's the problem it's that on every other class you can cancel your light attack animation with a skill. Not the case with soul swallow. It's linked to some changes they did a while back to the animation of the skill it's self

When I'm on my magdk (for pve) the weave with flame staffs is so fluid when I start dropping some whips. I don't even have to think about it. Magnb not so much, I have to think about my cast time. If I'm in a duel and getting amped up sometimes it's hard to remember this.
    Edited by Datthaw on December 12, 2017 12:12PM
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Swallow Soul has the same animation as Entropy. The timing is a bit different from other skills like Force Pulse, but it is absolutely doable.

I can weave that skill with a destro staff easily. Now, for melee I can't say, haven't played melee magNB in ages.
    Options
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Swallow Soul has the same animation as Entropy. The timing is a bit different from other skills like Force Pulse, but it is absolutely doable.

I can weave that skill with a destro staff easily. Now, for melee I can't say, haven't played melee magNB in ages.
    Melee feels harder in practice. I chalk it up to the movement in melee pvp, keeping on target to actually land the LA.

Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
    Options