The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

How can you tell difference between extraordinary animation cancelling skills and macros?

• Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    It doesnt really matter if it is a macro. You could argue that they shouldn't use a macro to replace skill, but honestly the blame falls on ZOS that it is possible in the first place... if there is blame to be placed at all. If you leave room for the game to function like that, it is inevitable that someone will do it.

They intended for skills to work without animation cancelation abuses, but when it became apparent that they were being exploited for benefit, ZoS just went with it and left it alone.

So given that this is part of the game, I guess just accept it.

If you can macro it, you can do it manually with button presses. If the macro becomes to complex, it will become a disadvantage. If you know the sequence he is using, you should be able to counter it better. Predictability is very easy to work around. Ask any PvEer.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know its legal to macro, so if someone is macroing, all you can really do it git gud or join the club.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dreth wrote: »
    I don't know about sorc but I like the ones where you get crit rushed, heavy attack, incap, executioner before the crit rush animation even finishes. The GCD is still there, regardless of any amount of skill or experience. Could be lag, could be cheats, but sometimes things happen that are simply outside of a players normal ability to execute.

The heavy + gap closer is like a semi bug, you can wind up the heavy during the closer.

So usually you're taking those two at once, then you get CC'd at which point you die while breaking free.

It's not a macro, or anything like that.

It's like when you started WB or Frag, used heavy (which would stop WB/Frag) then release heavy having both land at the exact same time.

Interesting. I used to hard cast frag and then crit rush on my hybrid. Now I can use a Full heavy too for a triple combo
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options