The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Almelaxia's Mercy...

TheDoomsdayMonster
TheDoomsdayMonster
✭✭✭✭✭
I know that this set is not at all popular, is largely frowned upon, and is considered one of the worse sets in the game...

However, I have a knack for getting good performance out of sets that are typically thought of to be bad (like Combat Physician for example)...

Anyway, I have been thinking up possible in-game situations where this set might shine and so I have a question for anyone that might know (and thus save me some time):

Does this sets Healing Proc heal the user even if they are in Mist Form?

If it doesn't, then all bets are off, and this set is of no use to me...

If it does, then it might be very useful when combined with Elusive Mist...

I am one of those guys who can cast Elusive Mist again, and again, and again, and again when I need to get out of a tough spot...

Now that tactic does sometimes require you to stop and heal every so often (which is a drain on your Magicka), but if I can heal while in Mist Form without having to stop and heal myself, then Vampire Lord gear + Almelaxia's Mercy would provide a Magicka Templar such as myself with a really good means of getting out of trouble...

That might even be as good as it gets for a Magicka Templar as pertains to escape ability...

But it all rides on Almelaxia's Mercy healing you while in Mist Form...

So once again, does anyone here know if it does this?

:)

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on December 1, 2017 10:06AM
Unyeilding Bias
PSN TheLordofMurder
PS4 NA
Magicka Templar
DC
The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´ve seen some tanks running this set in vHoF xD
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Heal Proc from this set is at 3000 when its fully Golded...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are better off getting lamia's song over this set. It at least gives you 2 max mag bonus to use with shields. And when you use ultimate it heals you for 30 health per Ultimate point. So if you use a 250 cost ultimate, that would be 7500 health. Even a 100 ultimate is better than alma set.

Only issue is idk if that health is impacted by battlespirit. If it isn't, then you should run that set.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

You are better off getting lamia's song over this set. It at least gives you 2 max mag bonus to use with shields. And when you use ultimate it heals you for 30 health per Ultimate point. So if you use a 250 cost ultimate, that would be 7500 health. Even a 100 ultimate is better than alma set.

Only issue is idk if that health is impacted by battlespirit. If it isn't, then you should run that set.

I have thought about that set, but there is just too much down time with it's 5th piece bonus...

I mean it's only useful when you use your ultimate, and how often are you using that?

Almelaxia's Mercy, on the other hand, has a 20% chance to produce a 1500 point (assuming a PvP environment and fully Gold gear) AoE heal every 3 seconds if you are being hit...

This should be much more useful in the long run opposed to Lamia's...

Especially since I envision this as being a very difficult to kill escape build that has synergy with Elusive Mist....

Think about the totality of the synergy here (assuming that this set heals you when in Mist Form of course):

1) I wear Vampire Lord armor, so between the Armor, wearing 5 Light, being a Breton, and staying in stage 4 Vampirism, the cost of Elusive Mist is reduced by a total of 39%...

2) I wear the Mighty Chudan Monster Set, and it's Defensive Benefits stack with the damage reduction recieved while in Mist Form...

3) Because of 1 and 2, I can Mist a lot, and the damage from a lone attacker only tickles (it takes focus fire from multiple attackers to cause significant damage to my Mist Form)...

Enter Almelaxia's Mercy; if I have that supplying me with a 1500 free heal every few seconds, I won't have to stop Misting and heal every so often (especially against a single attacker)...

I could Mist for long periods of time and escape difficult situations without much problem...

Thanks for the idea @Minno,but I think Almelaxia's Mercy is a better fit for my vision than Lamia Song...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on December 1, 2017 2:22PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know that this set is not at all popular, is largely frowned upon, and is considered one of the worse sets in the game...

However, I have a knack for getting good performance out of sets that are typically thought of to be bad (like Combat Physician for example)...

Anyway, I have been thinking up possible in-game situations where this set might shine and so I have a question for anyone that might know (and thus save me some time):

I am one of those guys who can cast Elusive Mist again, and again, and again, and again when I need to get out of a tough spot...

Now that tactic does sometimes require you to stop and heal every so often (which is a drain on your Magicka), but if I can heal while in Mist Form without having to stop and heal myself, then Vampire Lord gear + Almelaxia's Mercy would provide a Magicka Templar such as myself with a really good means of getting out of trouble...

That might even be as good as it gets for a Magicka Templar as pertains to escape ability...

It could work with new agony to negate its cost. IMHO is not a good set
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

You know, if being used as a Healer Set, then I 100% agree with you; it would be terrible in that capacity...

But, if it works as I am praying it does, it won't be used as a Healer Set; it'll be used exclusively to synergize with Elusive Mist...

It might shine in that capacity...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know, if being used as a Healer Set, then I 100% agree with you; it would be terrible in that capacity...

But, if it works as I am praying it does, it won't be used as a Healer Set; it'll be used exclusively to synergize with Elusive Mist...

Except mist form removes all your healing done to your toon. If that set works through mist form, you'll need to /bug it as that's not supposed to work in that way :(
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

Except mist form removes all your healing done to your toon. If that set works through mist form, you'll need to /bug it as that's not supposed to work in that way :(

Generally this is what I would expect. I have a set, I can see if it heals through mist tonight (it should theoretically proc to heal allies around you, but not yourself).

I disagree, Lamia's would not be better than Alma in almost all situations. A 100 cost ultimate would heal ~1500 in PvP via Lamia's and be dependent upon an ultimate usage (once every 15-20 seconds if you're getting ultimate from various sources generally). That equates to ~100 HPS per ally, while Almalexia's Mercy is a non-ultimate dependent set that has a reliable proc chance in a fight that equates to ~400 HPS per ally.

I guess if you're trying to use it as a supplemental burst heal on a spec upon ultimate cast? Otherwise I would strictly see Almalexia's being more consistent in usage. Sadly, I have looked into both of these sets (and many others) and it really is just better to stack a damage set in your build to get better healing done unless you are running a niche set (e.g. a high health tank build or something).
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It might not be a bug and maybe working as intended...

Let me explain... ;)

Elusive Mist removes all self heals and natural Magicka regeneration from it's user. Furthermore, it prevents you from receiving heals from other players...

HOWEVER, Elusive Mist doesnt appear to remove gear based procs...like from Desert Rose. Desert Rose will restore Magicka to an Elusive Mist user on a successful proc...

In addition, someone using the other morph of Elusive Mist (Baleful Mist) can Proc offensive sets like Skoria and Velidreths...

My conclusion is that maybe the Devs are ok with allowing Mist Form to allow procs to occur...

And based on the above, I am betting that Almelaxia's Mercy will allow health to be restored on a successful proc...

Unfortunately, thus far, it doesn't appear that anyone here has tested this gear in the fashion I have described in this thread...

Looks like I'll have to test this myself...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on December 1, 2017 6:17PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me explain... ;)

Elusive Mist removes all self heals and natural Magicka regeneration from it's user. Furthermore, it prevents you from receiving heals from other players...

HOWEVER, Elusive Mist doesnt appear to remove gear based procs...like from Desert Rose. Desert Rose will restore Magicka to an Elusive Mist user on a successful proc...

In addition, someone using the other morph of Elusive Mist (Baleful Mist) can Proc offensive sets like Skoria and Velidreths...

My conclusion is that maybe the Devs are ok with allowing Mist Form to allow procs to occur...

And based on the above, I am betting that Almelaxia's Mercy will allow health to be restored on a successful proc...

Unfortunately, thus far, it doesn't appear that anyone here has tested this gear in the fashion I have described in this thread...

Procs work, anything casted prior still works as long as it's not healing you

The real question is, does engine guardian return health? It isn't listed as a heal but a resource return.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me explain... ;)

Procs work, anything casted prior still works as long as it's not healing you

The real question is, does engine guardian return health? It isn't listed as a heal but a resource return.

Excellent question...

I'd be interested in knowing the answer to that as well...

If Engine Guardian does allow resources to be returned, it would definitely give me something to think about...

If not, maybe its because the Guardian counts as an NPC...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread is everything I'd hoped for. :'D

Yes, Engine Guardian returns HP in mistform. It's also totally unreliable for what you want to accomplish, though one of the first sets to try if you want to mistform a lot - because of the magicka return.

Don't use Almalexia's Mercy. -_-
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    This thread is everything I'd hoped for. :'D

Yes, Engine Guardian returns HP in mistform. It's also totally unreliable for what you want to accomplish, though one of the first sets to try if you want to mistform a lot - because of the magicka return.

Don't use Almalexia's Mercy. -_-

Thanx for the info on Engine Guardian! ☺

As for using Almelaxia's Mercy, it's worth a try; worse case scenario is it doesn't work out as I hoped for and I just go back to my old build...

That said, there is always the outside chance that it works out very well..

;)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you have against Troll King? If you're wanting to keep chudan, just wear troll King instead and wear fortified brass. Although I'd just make room for Balance or your class armor skill

A bloody Mary or two can help keep your health regen penalty down if necessary
    Edited by cschwingeb14_ESO on December 1, 2017 8:04PM
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you have against Troll King? If you're wanting to keep chudan, just wear troll King instead and wear fortified brass. Although I'd just make room for Balance or your class armor skill

A bloody Mary or two can help keep your health regen penalty down if necessary

One of the idea's in this thread is to try something new with a set that has been condemned by nearly the entire community...

I've used Troll King, and don't particularly care for it; it's good...no question...but I like Chudan more.

Besides, haven't you read the entire thread?

I want to make a build that is incredibly good at getting itself out of trouble for a Magicka Templar and if things work out as I plan, then every single piece of gear that's apart of this build will have synergy as pertains reaching that goal...

Why would you discourage someone from trying something new?
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on December 1, 2017 9:04PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dude, you're reading way too much into a simple suggestion. No one else mentioned troll King, and it does exactly what you want, unlike Almelaxia's Mercy . Good luck
    Options
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    This set is very good. I use it with Redistributor on my werewolf lord hybrid necromancer, all reinforced. My build kicks ass in pvp and kill a lot of good players by myself.
    If you think my build is bad then you just dont understand the intense and complex theorycrafting behind it.
    Options
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be interested to know if it works if anyone or op tests it please report back :) I just curiosity.
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know if it works if anyone or op tests it please report back :) I just curiosity.

I have tested it...

The set is not terrible (its ok in PvP, but fails horribly as a Healer Set in PvE); there are definitely better options available in both settings...

As pertains my idea in the OP, its a failure...

This set will not Proc while in Mist Form...

:(
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This set is very good. I use it with Redistributor on my werewolf lord hybrid necromancer, all reinforced. My build kicks ass in pvp and kill a lot of good players by myself.
    If you think my build is bad then you just dont understand the intense and complex theorycrafting behind it.

Shhhhhhh! You want to get this build nerfed?!
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, you're reading way too much into a simple suggestion. No one else mentioned troll King, and it does exactly what you want, unlike Almelaxia's Mercy . Good luck

No it doesn't do exactly what he wants, obviously.

In fact it has very little synergy with what he is looking for...
    Options
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    Why use chudan as it dont stuck with restoring focus? Then u lose out of the minor protection u get from restoring focus
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why use chudan as it dont stuck with restoring focus? Then u lose out of the minor protection u get from restoring focus

1) The Defensive Bonus's provided by Mighty Chudan are in constant effect thus removing the need for me to ever cast it or slot it (thus opening up a slot for something else)...

2) Restoring Focus only helps you if you have a chance to cast it; if you are being ganked and/or a bomb blade appears in the middle of your group, you might be killed without ever getting a chance to cast it...

3) Mighty Chudan give you more resistance than does Restoring Focus; 8255 in total for Chudan (plus 1200+ Max Health as a bonus) compared to 5280 for Rune...

4) Unlike the other Defensive Monster Helm Sets, you don't have to wait on a Proc to occur to get Chudans's Defensive benefit; Chudan is active no matter what...you don't have to think about your defense with Chudan...ever. Its always there.
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on December 11, 2017 10:03PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options