The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Quick Question about using Chat in Houses

Hauteecole_Rider16
Hauteecole_Rider16
✭✭✭
So I'll be hosting a MidWinter party for two sister guilds next week. It will be an open house running for much of the day.

Myself and a couple of friends are trying to figure the best way to use the chat. One suggested using Say or Zone chat. Another suggested using Group.

I had been thinking about using the Group chat, but the problem with that is it puts those bars over everyone's heads, and that can ruin potential screenshots.

As I understand it, Say has limited range, and the house is rather large.

So if we use Zone, will other players outside the house (i.e. not part of the party) be able to hear us? Or not? I'm hoping not!
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Houses are instanced so zone should cover the whole house, be it a room or a mansion
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Saphorius
    Saphorius
    ✭✭✭
    You can group and just hide the UI for screenshots, that way you also get rid of all the other screenshotruining elements in the UI ^^