Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[MAIN QUEST SPOILER] ZOS, do something with Laloriaran Dynar, please.

Ermiq
Ermiq
✭✭✭✭✭
He still lies there on the floor of Coldharbour's Chapel of Light. Doesn't the last Ayleid king deserve the funeral?
DdOkyJR.jpg
Edited by Ermiq on December 11, 2017 5:34PM
One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Kashiwagi
    Kashiwagi
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine the smell in there...
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit agrees.

Maybe a nice tomb somewhere. Along the lines of the Dreloth one yes.

Plenty of urns full of all the quality goods a king needs to take with him to the afterlife.

Khajiit would suggest perhaps Clockwork City furnishing recipes, pages of the Bouncing Armchair motif, starfish, quality style mats, perfect roe, that dust everyone is after, furnishing materials, lots of gold.

Yes all the things a king needs and Khajiit would be quite happy to keep safe for him.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you forgot to loot his body? :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as he gets a proper Ayleid Burial then thats ok.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank God I finished main quest already, because you don't know how to warn about spoiler.
    PC/EU
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank God I finished main quest already, because you don't know how to warn about spoiler.

Ya you ought to include a spoiler warning lol, OP.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fixed.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My only fear is that if he got stuck in a tomb somewhere, he'd become a very nasty lich boss we'd have to fight later on. :s
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only fear is that if he got stuck in a tomb somewhere, he'd become a very nasty lich boss we'd have to fight later on. :s

Wasn't he supposed to be buried at Nenelata in Cyrodiil? I thought there was a quest in Oblivion for the last King?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »

Wasn't he supposed to be buried at Nenelata in Cyrodiil? I thought there was a quest in Oblivion for the last King?

There’s no record of where King Dynar was buried ... so the OP’s question is an excellent one. And, it would be a welcome expansion of the storyline if ZOS chose to take up that task.

Here’s the UESP page for further reference (note there are spoilers here):

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Laloriaran_Dynar
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »

There’s no record of where King Dynar was buried ... so the OP’s question is an excellent one. And, it would be a welcome expansion of the storyline if ZOS chose to take up that task.

Here’s the UESP page for further reference (note there are spoilers here):

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Laloriaran_Dynar
    Okay, I see now.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• kit_sune
    kit_sune
    ✭✭✭
    I say: Throw him in the trash
    Everyone's Favorite Fox
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Best idea yet.

That part never really made any sense to me anyway. Out of nowhere, the last king of a long gone civilization shows up and takes command of everything. And no one asks any questions. Like hey, where did this dude come from?

Wouldn't the mages guild be grilling him with questions in the hollow city while you slowly grind through the terrible coldharbour quests needed to get soul strike on yet another magicka pvp character?

I have a better idea, instead of burying him, why not remove him from the entire storyline so after you port to coldharbour you can just get down to business, instead of completing grueling fetch and follow quests with poor pathing and very poor direction.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on December 12, 2017 2:11AM
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭

Best idea yet.

That part never really made any sense to me anyway. Out of nowhere, the last king of a long gone civilization shows up and takes command of everything. And no one asks any questions. Like hey, where did this dude come from?

Wouldn't the mages guild be grilling him with questions in the hollow city while you slowly grind through the terrible coldharbour quests needed to get soul strike on yet another magicka pvp character?

I have a better idea, instead of burying him, why not remove him from the entire storyline so after you port to coldharbour you can just get down to business, instead of completing grueling fetch and follow quests with poor pathing and very poor direction.

I get the point, but I am an explorer (or at least I was for the first few years played after launch) and recall with fondness the first time I went to each area building the army of Meridia. <smiles dreamily>

Now I use guides for anything I missed, and achievements completion lol.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stuff his body in a cask, like that Hlaalu 42 Matze Legerdemain item.

Dissect him to find out how Ayleids work.

Dismember his corpse, gold plate his bones and sell them to collectors (it worked for Reman's exiled wife!).

Burn the body on an alter to Meridia - she probably wants him back anyway.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TazESO wrote: »

I get the point, but I am an explorer (or at least I was for the first few years played after launch) and recall with fondness the first time I went to each area building the army of Meridia. <smiles dreamily>

Well I am glad there are people out there less bitter and jaded than me lol. I will support giving King Came out of Nowhere, lord of plotholes, Duke of slowing down my power leveling, a proper burial for your sake.
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    TazESO wrote: »

Well I am glad there are people out there less bitter and jaded than me lol. I will support giving King Came out of Nowhere, lord of plotholes, Duke of slowing down my power leveling, a proper burial for your sake.

Thanks ☺️
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you try teabagging him and farting in his mouth? That used to work at parties, back in the day, when someone passed out.
    Edited by THWIP71 on December 12, 2017 3:23AM
  • myrakrista
    myrakrista
    Soul Shriven
    *crouches down and touches body* “Body is still warm, looks like there’s killer about...”
    Edited by myrakrista on May 23, 2018 2:09AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Best idea yet.

That part never really made any sense to me anyway. Out of nowhere, the last king of a long gone civilization shows up and takes command of everything. And no one asks any questions. Like hey, where did this guy come from?

They sort of did. He walks in on the fighters guild while they are squabbling about whos in charge, goes "Okay, since y'all are acting like children, I'm in charge now"

Fighters Guild: O rly, now?

Dynar: anyone other than me have an actual plan? Anyone? No? See, I'm in charge.
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, @VaranisArano . An accurate summation, but you missed out all the hilarious insults that were flying :)

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Best idea yet.

That part never really made any sense to me anyway. Out of nowhere, the last king of a long gone civilization shows up and takes command of everything. And no one asks any questions. Like hey, where did this guy come from?

They sort of did. He walks in on the fighters guild while they are squabbling about whos in charge, goes "Okay, since y'all are acting like children, I'm in charge now"

Fighters Guild: O rly, now?

Dynar: anyone other than me have an actual plan? Anyone? No? See, I'm in charge.

Also, to add to this, the people who ventured into Coldharbour as a group were scattered, so they were in a hot mess and disorganized.
    Edited by DoctorESO on June 2, 2018 10:51PM