Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

how do you play battlegrounds?

Typeous
Typeous
✭✭
every time i die, loading screen takes like 3-4 min. how do you play battlegrounds? i am sick of this game's bugs. every patch, they bring something "new" with all of those bugs.

wish i never have bought that morrowind.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't. I'm interested in what it might be like but when launched it was buggy so I stayed away. By the time I remembered it was still around and might not be too buggy I hear tell that it's just speed builds and tanks and newbs vs. preformed, practiced groups who know the maps and strats so never bothered. I guess I really need to set some time aside to check em out still.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had long load screens since the patch
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sarjako
    Sarjako
    ✭✭✭
    Typeous wrote: »
    every time i die, loading screen takes like 3-4 min. how do you play battlegrounds? i am sick of this game's bugs. every patch, they bring something "new" with all of those bugs.

wish i never have bought that morrowind.

I haven't had any issues since the recent hotfix. XBOX One S, North American server
    XBX1 NA
    Healplar / StamDK-Tank / Stamblade / Magblade
    CP 810
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If on pc
    Turn off eso>install guild wars 2>load their "pvp"
    (Its pretty much the same thing)

For console
    There's no hope
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I press buttonz and people die.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox - i Haven't had loading screen probs anywhere post patch. Even before patch I didn't have big problems in BG to be honest.

Deleted your synced save game cache? Done a full shut down since the update?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just stop dying
  • Typeous
    Typeous
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Just stop dying

Makes sense.

Well, im on PC, it's not happening outside of battlegrounds, only in battlegrounds. Dont know why.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fighting perma-blockers holding on to relics and sitting on flags the whole match is about as fun as being in a load-screen so it's a wash tbh.
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Overwatch and Battlefield for pvp. /duck
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing I do is leave group as soon as I see it’s chaosball.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont play it. I die in it.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    Just play as a permablocker sit on a flag doing nothing. It must be fun as it’s all I see people do in bgs
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds are less fun now that CP is added and all the tryhard groups come out and just ignore the objectives in favor of getting max kills and yelling "exposed!!!1!" on their teamspeaks while doritos flakes fly from their lips.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play non-CP BGs.

Oh, wait...

Edited by Leogon on December 12, 2017 2:50AM
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do I play BGs? I don't. I did, but not since the cp change.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typeous wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Just stop dying

Makes sense.

Well, im on PC, it's not happening outside of battlegrounds, only in battlegrounds. Dont know why.

Try deleting your shader.cache file. Don’t worry - it will rebuild itself.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No point. Either Cyrodiil or PvE, BGs is not a serious game mode. I'm done with BGs until they make it playable. First order of business- ban premades or put them in their own que solely. Force them to split up and actually rely on their own skill instead of tag teaming people over teamspeak and attacking PUGs filled with beginners.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    No point. Either Cyrodiil or PvE, BGs is not a serious game mode. I'm done with BGs until they make it playable. First order of business- ban premades or put them in their own que solely. Force them to split up and actually rely on their own skill instead of tag teaming people over teamspeak and attacking PUGs filled with beginners.

To add on to this, No they dont have to ban pre mades groups. BUT have a competitive league (pre grouping allowes) or quick find (solo q finder only). Then they could also have a proper leaderboard
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »

To add on to this, No they dont have to ban pre mades groups. BUT have a competitive league (pre grouping allowes) or quick find (solo q finder only). Then they could also have a proper leaderboard

You may not be entirely wrong here, what I'm saying is just ban the premade groups from the main que (in the current system).

I've already been advocating for a proper league system for a long time now. It will probably never happen, but we can certainly discuss the merits of it. Absolutely, with a proper league system and real BGs, premades must be allowed and are encouraged.

But with our current system, the ques need to be split between premade and PUG so the players just queing for a couple BGs here and there don't get completely screwed every time they enter. Let the premades wait (and wait), to match with another premade, or split up the group and actually learn how to go off one's own skill.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You may not be entirely wrong here, what I'm saying is just ban the premade groups from the main que (in the current system).

I've already been advocating for a proper league system for a long time now. It will probably never happen, but we can certainly discuss the merits of it. Absolutely, with a proper league system and real BGs, premades must be allowed and are encouraged.

But with our current system, the ques need to be split between premade and PUG so the players just queing for a couple BGs here and there don't get completely screwed every time they enter. Let the premades wait (and wait), to match with another premade, or split up the group and actually learn how to go off one's own skill.

A league would be great.

You have some misperceptions though about what constitutes skill in BGs. There are a ton of “soloers” or duelers in BGs. They are skilled in 1v1 but not skilled in teamwork.

If I solo queue and somehow end up on the same team as a good 3 man premade that I don’t know and am not in coms with, I guarantee the other teams would just assume I’m with them because I know how to read a map, read positioning, focus targets, and how to coordinate ulti dumps.

Many people who solo queue never pick up those skills. They whine about premades all the time, but the fact is that if they were on one it wouldn’t make a difference - they have no skill in small group PvP.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

A league would be great.

You have some misperceptions though about what constitutes skill in BGs. There are a ton of “soloers” or duelers in BGs. They are skilled in 1v1 but not skilled in teamwork.

If I solo queue and somehow end up on the same team as a good 3 man premade that I don’t know and am not in coms with, I guarantee the other teams would just assume I’m with them because I know how to read a map, read positioning, focus targets, and how to coordinate ulti dumps.

Many people who solo queue never pick up those skills. They whine about premades all the time, but the fact is that if they were on one it wouldn’t make a difference - they have no skill in small group PvP.

No you're right. Teamwork is another sort of skill, that is for sure.

Team play would really be something to focus on if a league system were in place. Then, teams and premades would be encouraged, because coordinated team play is very important in competitive group play.

But given the lack of rankings etc in our current system, too many puggers don't take it seriously or maybe aren't that good, and I think that's one of the reasons that premades dominate so much. At the very least, everyone is on the same page in the premade whereas in the Pug, you get people who don't even know the game.

So I would have to say it would be something to look into. But I really do think that further increasing the fairness between teams within the current system should be a priority. Ideally, matches are as balanced as they can be.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need a ranking system ASAP so tired of getting clueless team mates
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't play it.

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

Yeah but wouldn’t it match good players with bad players to balance the teams? Be careful what you wish for because you’re probably going to get even worse teammates if that happens...

• generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP BG seems to be a lot faster than bg without cp....

;-)
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Mihael wrote: »

Yeah but wouldn’t it match good players with bad players to balance the teams? Be careful what you wish for because you’re probably going to get even worse teammates if that happens...

I want it to match good players against good players. Like if I’m rank gold I want to fight with and against rank gold not me gold with 3 poop rank people. But of course this will never be possible with out more pop