The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deleting character saved data

Its_Alexis
Its_Alexis
✭✭✭
Is there any way to delete a character data that is in the SavedVariables after deleting the character?
For example, CraftStore still has data on those characters that I've long deleted.
PC NA

Alexis Light - Breton Templar DD
Likes-To-Tank - Argonian Dragonknight Tank
Pauline Storm - Altmer Sorcerer DD
Thunder gro-Lightning - Orc Sorcerer Speedster
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just delete the SavedVariables file and then log into each character ( you may have to reposition the icon ).
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you rename characters you kind of have to do this with Craft Store and others too. As above, delete the folder that holds the variables, then relog to each character
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Its_Alexis
    Its_Alexis
    ✭✭✭
    I see, thanks for the input! I've thought of that too, but that would mean I need to redo all the addon settings I've done.
    PC NA

Alexis Light - Breton Templar DD
    Likes-To-Tank - Argonian Dragonknight Tank
    Pauline Storm - Altmer Sorcerer DD
    Thunder gro-Lightning - Orc Sorcerer Speedster
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you rename characters the addons should recognize this, if they are not too old and have the old way of SavedVariables stored.
    -> Newer functions allow to save the data with a characterID instead of the name

If this doesn't happen for addons you should contact the author and tell them to switch the SavedVariable savetype for characters to the characterID instead old characterName method.