Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add-ons "gone" from the game

Daimmyo
Daimmyo
✭✭✭
I mean physically, they are not gone, they are installed and everything looks fine with the Minion.

However, game doesn't see any of them after the latest patch. It won't allow me to do anything, I even tried re-installing (although the setup I have was working for quite some time just with regular updates). They are just not visible in the game or in the ADD-ONS tab, or in the settings tab, etc.

Any thoughts?
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double check the game is set to allow out of date add-ons (sometimes I find it defaults to not allow after an update), and if that’s not it, then it could be something similar to an issue I had last week on my MacBook. For some reason the add-on folder path in Minion had changed, so the game wasn’t finding it. I have no idea why, because I hadn’t made any changes to Minion, but once I changed the path back, it worked.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As said above check that you've allowed out of date add-ons.

You can also check to make sure your folder locations are correct, as when they stop having two install locations for EU/NA they moved folder locations for add-ons.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Daimmyo
    Daimmyo
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks,

Folders were changed. I am sorting out the issues now.

Cheers,
    D
  • Daimmyo
    Daimmyo
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Just a quick question as I want to sort this out in the long run. Where would be the best place to store add-ons for ESO?

So far, everything went to My Documents and Elder Scrolls Online folder.

I play on the EU server 100% of the time, I may have run US server some time ago accidentally, but all my characters DLC's and everything else, it's all on the EU server.

I'm guessing that could be cause of the confusion - but I am just curious as if there are any preferences to avoid issues with this.

Cheers,
    D
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not at home to check but the default folder should be something like My Docs/ESO/live/add-ons.

The old EU client would use live_eu which is the one the game no longer reads. If you download and install Minion to manage your add-ons it should choose the correct folder by default for you.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I'm not at home to check but the default folder should be something like My Docs/ESO/live/add-ons.

The old EU client would use live_eu which is the one the game no longer reads. If you download and install Minion to manage your add-ons it should choose the correct folder by default for you.

so true, use this path!
    I have 1 addon which I install manually, was quite suprised when I tried so, that the "old"-folder was empty, all was moved auto with the update.
    so yes it is now in this folder!
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I still wish they would keep seperate add-on folders for the US & EU megaservers. If you have characters on both, some add-on's can get very confused with the shared folder.

• Daimmyo
    Daimmyo
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah,

all sorted out - and thanks a lot guys - it was really helpful.

Just another quick note, which may occur with some other players eventually - ESO folder setup suddenly switched from one of the regular user accounts on windows 10 to a administrator account, so the path was not on the C:\Users\Daimmyo\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online (for example), it went to C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online.

Again, not sure really how that happened as I have ESO folder on both accounts, but I managed to spot it over the URL in game where it was saving up the screenshots. Once I installed add-ons on the administrator folder, everything worked fine.

Cheers,
    D
  • Extremeties
    Extremeties
    ✭✭✭
    I am having issues with my addons similar to the OP so I thought I'd ask for help here as well.

So quick story, I had ESO installed on my SSD a few days ago, played fine with all my addons, etc. I decided to format my SSD and start with a fresh install of Win10, reinstalled the game, reinstalled the addons, log into the game, go to my addons section and NOTHING is there, even with outdated addons, nothing is there. I tried installing the addons via Minion AND manual and I still cannot see the addons in the addon section.

I have them installed in the correct location - C/User/My name/Documents/ElderScrolls/Live/Addons and no luck.

Any suggestions?
  • Daimmyo
    Daimmyo
    ✭✭✭
    Wish I could help dude, it was working until... after the last update, and it's the same issue all over again. And I have them installed under both user accounts on Windows.

• Shadowsin
    Shadowsin
    I ran into this issue today. Found out that somehow the (local) ESO documents folder synced with my cloud storage. The add-ons themselves from Minion stayed locally though. I deleted the copied folder in my cloud and the game is reading from the right local folder again. Hope this helps if others still have a similar situation of the game not finding add-ons.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check if you have the Microsoft OneDrive installed. It's a problem sometimes and ESO is checking this directory for the addons somehow. Disable it or move the addons from there to the normal directory again (<your my documents folder>\Elder Scrolls Online\AddOns).

• Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »

I still wish they would keep seperate add-on folders for the US & EU megaservers. If you have characters on both, some add-on's can get very confused with the shared folder.

Why that? Got no issues so far.
    You could use and addon like "http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info477-AddonProfiles.html&quot; or "http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1161-CirconiansAddonSelector.html&quot; to setup the addons for your characters on different servers. Afaik you cannot use the same char at different severs so the unique id or name of your cat should be enough to split the profiles for you.