The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

For 1vX in PvP?

Naughty_Ryder
Naughty_Ryder
✭✭✭
Which classes, Magicka or Stamina are good for PvP 1vX..
Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would probably start by saying that if you don't know the classes well enough in PVP to know the answer to that yourself - then you're probably going to have a hard time 1vX'ing against any of them.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamblade and stamwarden are the easiest to 1vX with in the most situations (not to say that 1vXing is ever easy). But every class is viable for 1vX, since 1vXing is more about player skill than about class potential.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ,^^^

Also, its heavily influenced by what class(es) your very comfortable with.
    Edited by idk on November 28, 2017 3:32PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Choose one with good disengagement mechanics. It makes it a lot easier. The classes 1vx differently as well. There's kiting turn n ult burst, there's block with aoes and aoe ultimate, single target burst, stealth play by ganking, tree or rock separating, zerg surfing to find the baddies, bombing, etc.

Get immovable pots and a snare/ root removal tool as well. Nothings worse than lining up a burst to have it ruined by a cc or root. Plus of they're rooting and ccing on cooldown but 2 or 3 seconds apart, don't expect to be doing much besides handling that and healing.

That being said, find a small group of scrubs n have fun. I wrecked 3 sorcs and a night blade the with a tree, resto ult, and a correct kill order. Had my teammate run up as i was finishing off the 3rd and told him to let me finish hahhaa.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade, both wardens, and mag sorc are pug slaughtering machines, if I'm going out solo in cyro it's on one of these specs because the type of people that get 1vXed simply can't deal with extreme on-demand burst combined with reliable defensive mechanics that require intelligent play to counter.

A smart player knows that if he survives for 5 seconds after that sorc switches to offense then he's bought himself a few seconds to recover or he's got his own burst window available. A smart player knows that he needs to counter cloak or that stamblade is going to dodge-dodge-cloak about until he eventually gets the kill. A smart player knows to defile the warden and not stand in front of his conal burst. A smart player doesn't usually get 1vX'ed

I'm not speaking on the overall strength of the classes, just pointing out why I prefer these specs for 1vX.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The secret for successful 1vX = Bad players.
  • Varxent
    Varxent
    ✭✭
    Stam Warden or Stam Nightblade.

Though if your looking to challenge yourself 1vX and 2vX is insanely fun on a Magic Nightblade or Stamina Sorc.
    @varxent PC/NA @varxent1 PC/EU

EP - AVA 32 - Dark Deal - Stamina Sorcerer
    DC - AVA 31 - Major Vitality - Stamina Dragonknight
    EP - AVA 29 - Class Discussion Discord - Magicka Warden
    EP - AVA 19 - Alliance Points - Stamina Necromancer
    EP - AVA 22 - Information Broker - Stamina Templar
    EP - AVA 18 - Vykosa - Stamina Dragonknight
    EP - AVA 16 - Siphoning Attacks - Magicka Nightblade

Bloodsport
    Former ANIMOSITY
  • Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    BEST CLASS FOR 1vX......patience.

The number one thing that gets less experienced 1vx'rs killed is thinking that you can just go ham on a target...take a few steps...then go ham again without thinking about what the enemies are doing. Best way to have success is to
    1)assess your terrain and have an escape plan
    2)assess your enemies and decide IF it's a winnable fight
    3)prioritize your targets (take out low levels and squishies first)
    4)Seize your moment: kite while waiting to have your best burst combo available AND you have an opening where your targets have spread or one has dropped his defences/burned their ulti
    5)Repeat 3-4
    Also, resource management. If you run out of stam/mag you die. It is totally okay to turtle up and heavy attack to get resources back before bursting again.
    (this applies to your more "stand and fight classes" like Stam sorc, Warden or DK) I don't play NB so I couldn't tell ya how to 1vX on them but id imagine it's Burst/cloak/burst/cloak and pray that someone doesn't get a piece of you
    No class CC and I don't run a gap closer...so yeah if you streak away from me I'll probably bird spam you WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??
    Outrider of Vokundein-Vice PvP Officer- Member of Legend Gaming
    Officer- Eastmarch Trade Company
    Officer- Order of the Bear
    Core- Fear is Failure

DK Tank - Stam Sorc DPS - Stam Warden PvP DPS- Mag DK PvP DPS
    690+ CP PC NA
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Stamblade, both wardens, and mag sorc are pug slaughtering machines, if I'm going out solo in cyro it's on one of these specs because the type of people that get 1vXed simply can't deal with extreme on-demand burst combined with reliable defensive mechanics that require intelligent play to counter.

A smart player knows that if he survives for 5 seconds after that sorc switches to offense then he's bought himself a few seconds to recover or he's got his own burst window available. A smart player knows that he needs to counter cloak or that stamblade is going to dodge-dodge-cloak about until he eventually gets the kill. A smart player knows to defile the warden and not stand in front of his conal burst. A smart player doesn't usually get 1vX'ed

I'm not speaking on the overall strength of the classes, just pointing out why I prefer these specs for 1vX.

As much as I love Stamblade, its defensive mechanics are the exact opposite of reliable at the moment :lol: Shadow Image doesn't work and Cloak breaks on light attacks. LOL
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally any class v bad players. I’d put in a word for magplar though, can tank and burst groups of bad players. Literally have just stood there and meteor+puncturing sweeps like 5/6 really bad players at once. Mist form is also great for kiting. Word to the wise though if your latency isn’t pretty damn good you’re not gonna be 1vXing much.
  • Spaghettiknight
    I think Mag NB is because of the burst potential, not familiar with Warden since I haven't bought Morrowind yet, but I heard Magplar was good at 1vX but I don't know how true that is anymore.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    StamNB and MagSorc, imo, are the best at the kite+single target flavor of 1vX. Stamwardens seem to be the top dog at the moment of the stand-and-fight, AOE-the-group 1vX. MagNBs for "1vX bombing" but that's usually considered to be a different thing.

YMMV. All classes can 1vX just fine, depending on your skill with them and the relative lack of skill on your opponent.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

As much as I love Stamblade, its defensive mechanics are the exact opposite of reliable at the moment :lol: Shadow Image doesn't work and Cloak breaks on light attacks. LOL

IMO, Your defense mechanic isn’t staying in cloak, it’s using cloak to relieve pressure force crit heals and reset fights while setting up your burst again.

I also think the type of players that routinely get 1vXed don’t consistently try to counter cloak
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 6, 2017 7:17PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

IMO, Your defense mechanic isn’t staying in cloak, it’s using cloak to relieve pressure force crit heals and reset fights while setting up your burst again.

I also think the type of players that routinely get 1vXed don’t consistently try to counter cloak

Thats the difference between pugblades and op stamblades right there.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that and heavy armor
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

that and heavy armor

And troll king
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    The secret for successful 1vX = Bad players.

This is absolutely the truth...

When I am in Imperial City looking for victims, I often watch them for a few moments before attacking so that I know what I am dealing with...

After you become experienced in PvP, you know what you are looking for in your victims, and more importantly, you learn how to spot good players...

If you see 2 or 3 good players together, then just pass on them, but if you see weakness in your targets, pounce like a starving tiger...

;,,,;

Edit:

One more thing...

If you plan on 1vX'ing, then make sure you pick the area where you fight; make you its one that gives you the opportunity to escape if you start to fight and realize you've bitten off more than you can chew or if help for your victims arrives...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on December 9, 2017 9:09AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

that and heavy armor

I disagree on that. medium armor shines on stamblades.

Sure heavy also works too.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 9, 2017 5:14PM