The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Stamsorc 2H & Bow - Bone Pirate + Clever Alchemist + Asylum ??

Eatmyface
Eatmyface
✭✭✭
As the title says, but only 4/5 C.A. on the back bar due to the Asylum bow.

Running a 5/2 setup and 1 x bloodspawn to boost sustain. Pretty new to PVP so the 5 heavy + big stam recov is there to hopefully keep me in the fight long enough to learn something. Standard back bar for heals/dot's and front bar for damage.

Question: What is affected / not affected by the weapon damage loss when switching on to my back bar? I've read somewhere that self heals are affected by spell/weapon damage but dot's are base stam. I might throw vigor or dark deal on front if that is the case.

Thought about Hundings and wondering how important crit is in PVP. As I stand on the above I'm probably sitting under 30%.

I'd welcome any suggestions on better options... and yes, I'm well aware that this isn't meta / BIS setup. I've used dual wield a lot in PVE getting

I appreciate any feedback! :)
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're going to run a non-set bow it should certainly be Master's, not Asylum. Asylum bow isn't worth running, as the only bow skill you should have is Poison Injection anyway.

You want at least 40% crit in PVP; it's definitely important as it's one of the most readily available sources of burst damage. But you can attain this with medium armor + Major Savagery, or heavy Hunding's + Major Savagery. (On a stam sorc, you're probably going to need to get Major Savagery from potions.)
    I've read somewhere that self heals are affected by spell/weapon damage but dot's are base stam.
    No, everything you mentioned scales off both weapon damage and max stamina.

Bone Pirate + Hunding's or Bone Pirate + Alchemist would be fine. The nice thing about Alchemist is that it will remain active when procced even if you switch to a bar without 5/5 Alchemist.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply @casparian

Unfortunately, no masters bow. Re. the 5/5 alchemist - should I ditch the asylum bow and craft a alchemist bow then put my masters great sword on front bar? (No vma 2H) no need for an alchemist weapon front bar if I’m proccing on back...
    Options
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    the only bow skill you should have is Poison Injection anyway.

Sorry to hijack a bit, but just wanted to ask about this. I've heard mixed things about bow skills in PVP. Obviously a lot of it depends on build and preference, I recently asked another PVPer about PI and their response was:
    PI is terrible damage, one of the weakest dots in the game outside of execute range, and can be purged. Plus, PVP is all about maximizing your direct damage. Using a skill like PI forces you to invest CP in thaumaturge, which is a waste. The other morph that interrupts has its uses, but PI doesn't CC, doesn't heal, applies little direct damage, etc. It's not worth slotting.

On their advice I switched to lethal arrow for the ranged burst and major defile. What are your thoughts? I'm playing a StamDK with 2H on my other bar, for what it's worth/
    Options