The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Free Play Weekend – PlayStation 4 & PC/Mac"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Xyraxus wrote: »
    The PlayStation store has the game listed as 10($9.89us) bucks. The only free option is the Demo. Is this Sony being Sony or am I just not understanding the seemingly simple instructions?
    I don't know how Sony is handling the free weekend, but maybe the demo itself is what you need? @leepalmer95 You're the first PS4 player I thought of - has there always been a "Try Free Demo" option available on the PSN store, or is that new for the free weekend?

"Try Free Demo" might only be an option for people who don't own the game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Xyraxus
    Xyraxus
    ✭✭
    Xyraxus wrote: »
    The PlayStation store has the game listed as 10($9.89us) bucks. The only free option is the Demo. Is this Sony being Sony or am I just not understanding the seemingly simple instructions?
    I don't know how Sony is handling the free weekend, but maybe the demo itself is what you need? @leepalmer95 You're the first PS4 player I thought of - has there always been a "Try Free Demo" option available on the PSN store, or is that new for the free weekend?

Okay thanks, I downloaded the demo just in case. Still downloading it actually. If no-one answers this before I launch the demo, I'll leave the findings of my super scientific analysis here for perusal.
    I can't turn water into wine but I can turn wine into vomit.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The "Free Demo" is indeed what you need. It will download the entire game so you can participate in the Free Play Weekend.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    voreo wrote: »
    So what of those with existing accounts?
    Do we get crowns too? ;-;
    @voreo We already got our 500 free Crowns when we first started playing the game (or at the time TU launched, if you were here before that). And the Crowns sale will be for everyone, I assume.

not much a new player can do with 500 crowns...

I bought a pet goat with my free crowns. Best purchase I've ever made.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarnni wrote: »
    Is someone required to have a steam account to participate in the free weekend? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

Someone else posted this question earlier and no one has responded. I have a friend trying to login without steam, but is unable to do so, so far.

Like Microsoft, it appears that Bethesda is not participating in the Free Weekend. Only Sony and Steam. I see no way to get a "Free Weekend" activation code from Bethesda, which is needed to activate the account.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Free Demo" is indeed what you need. It will download the entire game so you can participate in the Free Play Weekend.
    Great, thanks Gina!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • RagingDK
    RagingDK
    Soul Shriven
    not much a new player can do with 500 crowns...[/quote]

You could get a mount and a pet with those 500 crowns!! :D
    The starter pack is on sale now for 480 crowns in the crown store.

STARTER PACK
    -60%
    1,200 480

Make adventuring a little easier with a faithful hound and a horse to ride, plus 10 Tri-Restoration Potions, 80 Crown Lethal Poisons, a Fortifying Meal, an Experience Scroll, 2 full Soul Gems, and 2 Repair Kits.
  • RagingDK
    RagingDK
    Soul Shriven
    Will a new player be able to upgrade/purchase ESO Gold Edition after the free weekend and continue playing?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RagingDK wrote: »
    Will a new player be able to upgrade/purchase ESO Gold Edition after the free weekend and continue playing?

Yes, when you do, the ESO account is updated to the full version.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7c26de9ae4d01f965a920857c17cc6cd.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Free Play Weekend – PlayStation 4 & PC/Mac. Experience adventure without limits in The Elder Scrolls Online during our Free Play Weekend on PlayStation 4 & PC/Mac. Check out all the need-to-know details including when you can begin playing and where to download.
    You've chosen bad time for this free play weekend, a lot of people will try your game on PS4 Pro and decide not to buy this every 10 minutes crashing piece of ZoS
  • Xyraxus
    Xyraxus
    ✭✭
    The free demo is the entire game. PS4 has the unlock for 10 bucks right now. That's an excellent deal. Especially when you already own the game and all the dlc's on PC... Grr. :tongue:
    I can't turn water into wine but I can turn wine into vomit.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There does not actually appear to be any way to play the free to play weekend on PC outside of steam. You can create an account and register but not actually play. The client just rejects the user name and password as invalid. There seems to need to be some kind of code to redeem or free game trial to "purchase" in your "my account" page. I remember that there was a code for beta that worked like this. It would seem a similar code needed to be made for the event but was not. I had intended to try to invite a few friends to try things out but it dosen't seem to be going to happen.

This page would seem to indicate that there should be a "free trial button" on your account page that would provide a path for both download and logging in game. Such does not appear to have ever been made or made active by the ZOS folks.

In any case, it is currently a free to register, not free to play weekend on PC at least.

So much ineptitude. I'll tell you how I would view the game if I was a potential new player..... Accurately.

I'm trying to create some sort of support ticket with this test account so we will see where that goes. I expect nowhere. I should note that I also tried to bring some friends last event but that turned out to be steam only so didn't go anywhere fast. They are starting to wonder about me I think.
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on December 3, 2017 10:42PM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Gilora
    Gilora
    ✭✭
    Umm... this thread is from 2016. That was last year.
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    I'm trying to create some sort of support ticket with this test account so we will see where that goes. I expect nowhere.

You´re probably right.

Edited by Gilora on December 8, 2017 1:11PM
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is good news for stupid people.