Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

WILL THERE EVER BE A TIME PVP ON PS4 NA WONT LAG

Jake1576
Jake1576
✭✭✭✭✭
I am just so annoyed with the lag in pvp on ps4 attacks won't work you get pulled out of stealth for no reason and it's especially annoying when you are about to get an attack off then it won't work cause of lag and by the time it finally does the person you are trying to attack has either dodged it or is now blocking and expects it or has their shields up playing a stamina nightblade and trying to gank is just to difficult with all the lag that's on ps4 na vivec if everything doesn't work like It's suppose to when trying to attack you basically end up getting killed by a zerg of ppl it's insane cloak seems to get broken by everything now to so you can't even use that either to get away that is if it even works because the lag
Edited by Jake1576 on December 8, 2017 3:04AM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    I am just so annoyed with the lag in pvp on ps4 attacks won't work you get pulled out of stealth for no reason and it's especially annoying when you are about to get an attack off then it won't work cause of lag and by the time it finally does the person you are trying to attack has either dodged it or is now blocking and expects it or has their shields up playing a stamina nightblade and trying to gank is just to difficult with all the lag that's on ps4 na vivec if everything doesn't work like It's suppose to when trying to attack you basically end up getting killed by a zerg of ppl it's insane cloak seems to get broken by everything now to so you can even use that either to get away that is if it even works because the lag

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it wasn't so crazy frustrating at times - it would almost be comical...

as I approach sieges on occasion I've learned to slow down, just to make sure i don't get kicked from the server...

death due to lag is a very real thing...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 8, 2017 4:04AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish they would let us move are characters to pc if we choose to it's the only thing stopping me from playing eso on pc is my characters I don't want to start over from scratch on there pvp was so horrible yesterday you couldn't move bar swap only thing you could do is one move and that's about it everyone was skipping across my screen its absolutely horrible not enjoyable at all I try to play this game as a stress reliever and for fun like many other's do and it's the complete opposite of that at times on ps4 in pvp on na server it's lagged for a long time yes but here as of late it seems to be worse then it has been in a long time
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not internet speed. It's their servers, always has been, always will be.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

I use my phone to get on the forums it's more difficult then if I was using a computer i honestly just try my best to use it on here to post but it sucks it automatically spells words out even tho its not the words I mean and it puts the wrong ones and punctuation it's even more difficult if you don't like the way I put things you don't have to read them you know js
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 8, 2017 4:47PM
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos are too busy making new dlcs and crown store items each month instead of investing money in upgrading their servers and actually fixing the game, before releasing new, broken content.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it took me a long time to finally train myself not to spam every single ability on both bars - my first real addiction in pvp was epic drinks and willow's path...

I never ran out of bullets, but it was super tough to kill folks, especially 1v1...especially these days - you have to manage sustain (pots, pots, and more pots :p)...

once lag starts rolling over the battlefield - pretty much every other move i'm doing is some kind of heal...

it's really hard to tell which of your abilities have activated (I keep a pretty clean ui, mostly just focus on my resource bars and enemy health bars)...

tougher yet, it's even more difficult to get accurate queues for incoming damage...

I gotta imagine the number one killer during lag is siege weapons...when things start getting choppy - sometimes the only time you'll know you got hit is on your death recap...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 8, 2017 5:33AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on PC EU and Vivec is kinda unplayable on evenings for days. Skills don't land, world stops, inf loading screens, crash to login page, like those. I stopped starting threads about it, because it won't change anything. If the devs with their right mind logs in any of the campaigns on any server's prime time, they will see the problem.

Now, if fixing simple things, like loading screens or queues takes months for your dev team, how many decades will it take to come up with a stable and fast netcode? If u know the answer, u know when u will see no lags.

The good news is, other games are not better, because coding realtime openworld battles across the globe is one of the hardest challenges in computer science, especially on limited devices like consoles. Fortunately ZOS finally accepted that fact, and came up with Battlegrounds (that imho very fun and epic).

Until new technologies and new coding talents land under ESO, ZOS sould concentrate on scatter folks around Cryo to break up zergs. Reduced AP for large groups, smallscale world objectives, killing AOE caps, buffing vicious deah, etc.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    I am just so annoyed with the lag in pvp on ps4 attacks won't work you get pulled out of stealth for no reason and it's especially annoying when you are about to get an attack off then it won't work cause of lag and by the time it finally does the person you are trying to attack has either dodged it or is now blocking and expects it or has their shields up playing a stamina nightblade and trying to gank is just to difficult with all the lag that's on ps4 na vivec if everything doesn't work like It's suppose to when trying to attack you basically end up getting killed by a zerg of ppl it's insane cloak seems to get broken by everything now to so you can't even use that either to get away that is if it even works because the lag

Yes the lag and loading screens are ridiculous on the Ps4. I have tried to communicate this to ZoS but you will get hit with salt as a deterrent. I wish I had better news like reloadui, clear cache, bribe someone though non seem to prevail. :/