Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox one x and 4K help

ashl3y44
ashl3y44
✭✭
So I have looked all over and my Xbox one x on my new Samsung 50 4K it’s a MU6300 model, the colours look really off and I’m not sure how to adjust. I looked all over online and shows and movies look fine. But I just can’t get eso to look right.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ashl3y44/video/39876169

Here’s a video from halls of fabrication earlier. And it doesn’t look as bad, but on my tv the blues are super blue reds are super red and greens are green. Yellows also look green. Can post more videos later. How do I set my tv so it looks good?
660 High elf mag sorc, Argonian templar healer, & Dark elf mag Dk.
  • jorgeh401b14_ESO
    jorgeh401b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    is the tv switching to HDR? if not you mite need new cables. hdmi 2.0 18gb are required for hdr, you can get them cheap at walmart.

my oled55c6p was giving me weird colors too but once I got the new cables it looks great now and the colors really pop in hdr.
    "Once I'm done with the three questing zones I will travel to cyrodiil and make my claim to the throne."

Key Binds Guide For PS4 to Change the Weapon Swap Button
    PS4 / NA server
  • ashl3y44
    ashl3y44
    ✭✭
    is the tv switching to HDR? if not you mite need new cables. hdmi 2.0 18gb are required for hdr, you can get them cheap at walmart.

my oled55c6p was giving me weird colors too but once I got the new cables it looks great now and the colors really pop in hdr.
    Thanks will check it out I’m using whatever cables came with my Xbox one. So I’m not sure. The tv says it’s in hdr and 4K maybe will dig out the cord that came with the one x and see if that helps
  • jorgeh401b14_ESO
    jorgeh401b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ashl3y44 wrote: »

Thanks will check it out I’m using whatever cables came with my Xbox one. So I’m not sure. The tv says it’s in hdr and 4K maybe will dig out the cord that came with the one x and see if that helps

the xbox one x should've came with the 2.0 cable.
    "Once I'm done with the three questing zones I will travel to cyrodiil and make my claim to the throne."

Key Binds Guide For PS4 to Change the Weapon Swap Button
    PS4 / NA server
  • ashl3y44
    ashl3y44
    ✭✭

the xbox one x should've came with the 2.0 cable.

Yea I just never bothered to take it out of the box because I figured the cables from Xbox one original were the same
  • ashl3y44
    ashl3y44
    ✭✭
    Didn’t help everything still looks way off.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same TV.

ESO implemented HDR and 4 k textures poorly imo.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381259/xbox-one-x-4k-high-res-textures#latest

Shut off 4k and HDR in the xbox one x settings and you should be fine. But then you basically arent using the xbox one x for what its made for....
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • ashl3y44
    ashl3y44
    ✭✭
    Uberkull wrote: »
    I have the same TV.

ESO implemented HDR and 4 k textures poorly imo.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381259/xbox-one-x-4k-high-res-textures#latest

Shut off 4k and HDR in the xbox one x settings and you should be fine. But then you basically arent using the xbox one x for what its made for....
    Yea I turned it down to 1080 p but I never turned off hdr so I never saw a difference. It’s mostly fine just things that should be purple are blue and things like water hyacinth flowers are blue as well. I will play around with that stuff tommorow. Good to know it’s not really me having this issue

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to do the full advanced video setup which requires you to change settings on your TV

Make sure before starting this you’ve set your Xbox one to 32 bit and HDMI - Standard color (it’ll make sense later).

Then If I’m you, I’d reset my TV to default in terms of the color, contrast, gama menus (not every to default).

Now follow the Xbox one steps and lastly adjust eso brightness only.

HDR is funny on this game but if you do the full setup, and set your TV per the Xbox suggestions it’ll look different but not as weird and more as ZOS intended.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean, i got an X yesterday and the first game i booted up was ESO. The moment i stepped into the game i though "what the hell happened to the brightness and contrast?"
    Every other game looks phenomenal but i wish we knew how to fix this or if its something Zeni can adress. And it seems to be a problem on both the Xbox and PS4 Pro.
  • ashl3y44
    ashl3y44
    ✭✭
    Xerosus wrote: »
    I know what you mean, i got an X yesterday and the first game i booted up was ESO. The moment i stepped into the game i though "what the hell happened to the brightness and contrast?"
    Every other game looks phenomenal but i wish we knew how to fix this or if its something Zeni can adress. And it seems to be a problem on both the Xbox and PS4 Pro.

Turning hdr off helped as the above suggestion. It looks great without that

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a big difference in what looks good or bad and what the actual presentation is.
    1.You cannot use the same TV settings for HDR as non-HDR (You technically should have two completely different TV settings)
    2. The Xbox One advanced video settings has a guide on how too set up the TV. That is a good guide for a separate HDR exercise. My TV allows me to copy globally from default to HDR and HDR Vivid or HDR Game. If you're using an LGUH7700 TV you should copy over the settings and then switch on the game in HDR Vivid and do the exercise again until its right.

Unlike the mess on the Xbox One S prior to the release of the Xbox One S, it seems ZOS made major changes to HDR and now it looks great but you'll have to change your TV first. And then make sure your gamma is almost all the way to the far left.

Here is an example of right: (Get on your console and go to my page and see my screenshot as of late November, but click HDR so you can see the difference. Xbox shows both but I cant link both here) I personally see a BIG difference and will never play this without HDR anymore but that its probably TV dependent. I do not have issues with any colors anymore.

95c67706-ff9d-47c8-92f4-b5c7a7701c3a.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=QxlsJ2Do%2F1ZSZlX11Rj%2FAFCxpvwCtaxW8pPyVVYljYM%3D

186663cd-ca1e-4e9e-a046-9efff85f1c29.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=5hUTXz7voQQMv1BWv15G9lFOG7ufFN4bBDXyA1Q2TiM%3D

a41a52f6-3d1e-45b7-bacf-b669abc48b96.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=E5qn%2FT0Ow0nLtYEzS21l9YSA6AxFh4zMIOiv7HetC3c%3D

04c772d1-1bbb-477e-97ac-b32367d8451f.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=Xws4%2FucK0L8mM64gihbxDViEnN1ySsZrNqYmwFIOH1Q%3D

0e070ede-a8b5-4db6-a393-be1fc52fa99d.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=XvFm9cep5XPbV2HEFJAq3bibVYi08q%2B2LM5%2Bkxy3ubQ%3D

d022b9ae-8a78-4743-b734-f6f67a3784c4.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=qM27fJgWqk3SUKYaCvMZRdXTpBq94vASsunsfSTe2hw%3D
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on December 4, 2017 10:01PM
  • ashl3y44
    ashl3y44
    ✭✭

There is a big difference in what looks good or bad and what the actual presentation is.
    1.You cannot use the same TV settings for HDR as non-HDR (You technically should have two completely different TV settings)
    2. The Xbox One advanced video settings has a guide on how too set up the TV. That is a good guide for a separate HDR exercise. My TV allows me to copy globally from default to HDR and HDR Vivid or HDR Game. If you're using an LGUH7700 TV you should copy over the settings and then switch on the game in HDR Vivid and do the exercise again until its right.

Unlike the mess on the Xbox One S prior to the release of the Xbox One S, it seems ZOS made major changes to HDR and now it looks great but you'll have to change your TV first. And then make sure your gamma is almost all the way to the far left.

Here is an example of right: (Get on your console and go to my page and see my screenshot as of late November, but click HDR so you can see the difference. Xbox shows both but I cant link both here) I personally see a BIG difference and will never play this without HDR anymore but that its probably TV dependent. I do not have issues with any colors anymore.

95c67706-ff9d-47c8-92f4-b5c7a7701c3a.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=QxlsJ2Do%2F1ZSZlX11Rj%2FAFCxpvwCtaxW8pPyVVYljYM%3D

186663cd-ca1e-4e9e-a046-9efff85f1c29.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=5hUTXz7voQQMv1BWv15G9lFOG7ufFN4bBDXyA1Q2TiM%3D

a41a52f6-3d1e-45b7-bacf-b669abc48b96.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=E5qn%2FT0Ow0nLtYEzS21l9YSA6AxFh4zMIOiv7HetC3c%3D

04c772d1-1bbb-477e-97ac-b32367d8451f.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=Xws4%2FucK0L8mM64gihbxDViEnN1ySsZrNqYmwFIOH1Q%3D

0e070ede-a8b5-4db6-a393-be1fc52fa99d.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=XvFm9cep5XPbV2HEFJAq3bibVYi08q%2B2LM5%2Bkxy3ubQ%3D

d022b9ae-8a78-4743-b734-f6f67a3784c4.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=qM27fJgWqk3SUKYaCvMZRdXTpBq94vASsunsfSTe2hw%3D
    I did the excersise with my tv on the Xbox guide and i don’t like how blue everything looked on it. So I just don’t play with hdr. I have a samsung not a LG as posted in OG post. I fooled with all the settings to get it to look good in hdr and it looks good but I don’t like having to reset it every single time because my shows and other games then look like crap. So I just keep it off
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man I assumed the newer TVs all had multiple setting saves. Meaning i have Game HDR, Bright HdR, Vivid HDR, and one more i never use.

Then multiple non hdr that have their own settings and the signal and settings assigns it to automatically change.

Well at least u know what your tv offers now
  • ashl3y44
    ashl3y44
    ✭✭
    Oh man I assumed the newer TVs all had multiple setting saves. Meaning i have Game HDR, Bright HdR, Vivid HDR, and one more i never use.

Then multiple non hdr that have their own settings and the signal and settings assigns it to automatically change.

Well at least u know what your tv offers now
    A lot of my pics look like yours though. I just sometimes can’t get over how blue tinged everything is. Like bound ageis I’m my sorc I’m used to seeing purple but it’s blue in hdr.
    I did have a setting that was applying the setting to all sources so I fixed that.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of my pics look like yours though. I just sometimes can’t get over how blue tinged everything is. Like bound ageis I’m my sorc I’m used to seeing purple but it’s blue in hdr.
    I did have a setting that was applying the setting to all sources so I fixed that.
    If you ever decide to give HDR another shot, I found that Samsung TVs in "Dynamic" picture mode can make ESO nights extremely blue.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu6300/settings

Calibration settings for your TV - I followed those with mine for the HDMI-1 port where my console is connected, and saw improved results. I do not use Game mode, I use Movie mode but turn off Auto Motion Plus and Digital Clean View to get the latency back down to the 19ms standard for that TV. I also ran "Warm 1" not "Warm 2" and ignored the last section "White Balance" as they suggested. After playing for an hour or two, I got used to the warmer image and definitely noticed an improvement in the blues...

PS4NA
  • ashl3y44
    ashl3y44
    ✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    If you ever decide to give HDR another shot, I found that Samsung TVs in "Dynamic" picture mode can make ESO nights extremely blue.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu6300/settings

Calibration settings for your TV - I followed those with mine for the HDMI-1 port where my console is connected, and saw improved results. I do not use Game mode, I use Movie mode but turn off Auto Motion Plus and Digital Clean View to get the latency back down to the 19ms standard for that TV. I also ran "Warm 1" not "Warm 2" and ignored the last section "White Balance" as they suggested. After playing for an hour or two, I got used to the warmer image and definitely noticed an improvement in the blues...

I will definitely try and give those settings a shot again