The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Spider mounts?

VonNelson
VonNelson
✭✭✭
Not the dwarven variety. Will we ever see this?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of people with serious arachnophobia, not sure how they would react to the zones being flooded with huge spiders.
    unsure.gif
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    There are a lot of people with serious arachnophobia, not sure how they would react to the zones being flooded with huge spiders.
    unsure.gif

If WoW can get away with having a spider mount, I don't see why ESO couldn't. o.o
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unsure.gif

Well there are phobias for everything nowadays, so we might as well delete the game if this is the standard.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    unsure.gif

Given the number of giant spiders already in the game in a multitude of places, I suspect anyone with that issue has either found a coping mechanism or uninstalled by this point. Especially since Mephala-heavy content is being foreshadowed...which in turn might make a spider mount more likely!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peanut mounts with spider legs that pee lobster bisque yes!!!
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    Peanut mounts with spider legs that pee lobster bisque yes!!!

What.
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even use the free mount we got as it gives me the creeps. I seriously hate spiders, graphically or real.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love spiders! I'd be very happy if I had a big, hairy tarantula to ride!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind spiders, but I hate the weird noises they make in the game. Spiders in Skyrim made some noises too but they weren't quite as loud.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    unsure.gif

I can see it now. Streamer is picking a lock on a treasure chest, talking about trying to get a flame atro senche. Poor streamer stands up to loot the chest and from above, a spider mount leaps over their head. Irl, they scream all scared like and visibly jump.

Spider mount pls zos.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure Gina would beat up anyone who tried to get this implemented, given her response to spider like things in the past.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoy jumping at random people with my dwarven spider.

I suspect that since the movement patterns were already created for the dwarven spider mounts we are likely to see regular giant spiders in a variety of recolors in the future.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unsure.gif
    I can see a spider raid... Scare the hell out of lowbies in starter zones, lol.
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    I love spiders! I'd be very happy if I had a big, hairy tarantula to ride!

Yes must be hairy