The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How can I tell if my character has read the Folium Discognitum?

fritzOSU03
fritzOSU03
✭✭✭
I'm hoping I can get an answer from a ZOS dev on this because I'm not having any luck from other sources or by sifting through the API. It doesn't look like the book itself has an entry in the lore books menu and it's not the source of any achievement as far as I can tell. So, how do I verify if I've read the book? And before you say it, no, going to look for Valaste in Eyevea won't work for an API check in my add-on. :D
┌─────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
Urich - AD StamDK, Midaves - AD MagDK, Delphine San - AD Magplar
Dr Roddard Masterton - AD Magplar, Mojeld - AD TankDK, Cecilia Grayal - AD MagSorc
└─────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
Add-On Author
Urich's Skill Point FinderUrich's Craftbag ViewerUrich's Coffer TimerUrich's Hireling Timer
Not a fan of tinfoil hats...

Best Answers

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you read this book, you chose to sacrifice Valaste in return for power when you made your bargain with Sheogorath at the end of the Mages Guild questline. Its a scroll, so its consumed on use and not an actual book you can read. You'll also have two more skill points.

As far as I know, you'd have to remember your choice in the Mages Guild questline, see if Valaste is in Eyevea or not, or count the number of skill points you have (levels, skyshards, public dungeon group events, group dungeon quests, alliance ranks, etc. to see if you have those extra 2).
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 6, 2017 11:06PM
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since there are so many sources of SP's in the game, it is easier to just go to Eyevea and see if Valaste is there. If she is, then you did not read the book.

If she is not there, your a mean Grinch who sacrificed her to an eternity of Torment by making her listen to Sheo all the time all for two lousy skill points that don't matter. Oh, and you read the book.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓