Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Armor Set For Leveling Stam DK?

Koujo
Koujo
Soul Shriven
I'm pretty new to the game and my stam DK is currently level 30. I've researched two traits in every armor type and am currently working on the third. Right now I've equipped 5 pieces of Ashen Grip and 2 pieces of Nights Silence. I'm using 2 pieces of heavy and 5 medium with stamina glyphs on all pieces.

I seem to be doing OK soloing quests although I get crushed in PVP often losing the few 1 v 1s I find even to players my level or lower. My question is, have I gone overboard on stamina/medium armor? Should I be using more heavy armor? For my next set should I pick one that has some health bonuses? Thanks in advance.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's always a chance (probably a pretty good one) when you're PvPing that your opponents have other characters and just simply have more experience than you. If PvP is something you want to do I suggest you take your lumps and you will get better. You can also watch some build videos to try and pick up some tricks but that alone isn't going to prevent you from getting stomped in PvP.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re not using damage shields then 5 heavy, 2 medium will help for PvP, @Koujo. Also check how many pieces of impenetrable you’re wearing ... 5 pieces is nice if you can manage it.

Remember you can get set jewelry with AP at the capturable towns.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 5, 2017 4:29PM
  • Koujo
    Koujo
    Soul Shriven
    If you’re not using damage shields then 5 heavy, 2 medium will help for PvP, @Koujo. Also check how many pieces of impenetrable you’re wearing ... 5 pieces is nice if you can manage it.

Remember you can get set jewelry with AP at the capturable towns.

Actually I'm not putting any traits on my crafted armor :(. I't doesn't seem possible to supply myself with enough tempers and trait stone thingys to always craft with them. Maybe I should farm mats more.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy trait stones very cheap from the equipment crafting vendors. Yes, a little bit of farming can go a long ways in providing tempers for crafting.

Alternatively, if you have gold or AP, you can have someone craft gear for you ... or purchase the Cyrodiil gear at the capturable towns or Cyrodiil gear merchants.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 5, 2017 6:13PM
  • Koujo
    Koujo
    Soul Shriven
    You can buy trait stones very cheap from the equipment crafting vendors. Yes, a little bit of farming can go a long ways in providing tempers for crafting.

Alternatively, if you have gold or AP, you can have someone craft gear for you ... or purchase the Cyrodiil gear at the capturable towns or Cyrodiil gear merchants.

Doh! Didn't know the vendor sold trait stones! I prefer to craft my own armor though. I will be sure to include traits this time. What traits should I be running if I'm mainly using damage shields and DoTs?

Still have to find the Cyrodiil vendor. My first attempt to locate them was unsuccessful.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're in any guilds, check to see if there are any crafters. I know you said you want to make your own gear, but for the beginning levels, pre-50, you level out of the stuff so fast, it wouldn't hurt to let someone else craft for you. Work out a deal for the tempers, if you want the stuff improved. That way you can try out the different sets like ashen grip, hundings, and morkuldin's and see what works best for you/your build. Then when you get to cp160 and collect all your mats to make the [mostly] final set of gear, you'll have a good idea of what you want.

In my guilds I will make gear improved to green for under cp160 guildmates for free, every 10 levels. I make research items for free, except for nirnhoned; they have to give me the nirncrux. All the research and all the motifs I've done might as well be useful.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koujo wrote: »
    I'm pretty new to the game and my stam DK is currently level 30. I've researched two traits in every armor type and am currently working on the third. Right now I've equipped 5 pieces of Ashen Grip and 2 pieces of Nights Silence. I'm using 2 pieces of heavy and 5 medium with stamina glyphs on all pieces.

I seem to be doing OK soloing quests although I get crushed in PVP often losing the few 1 v 1s I find even to players my level or lower. My question is, have I gone overboard on stamina/medium armor? Should I be using more heavy armor? For my next set should I pick one that has some health bonuses? Thanks in advance.

First of all One don't PVE and PVP on the same Non Vet character. As if you do so you will out-level your gear very very quickly!

If you need to PVP in non-vet campaign then have a dedicated character for it. Do as little quests as possible, kill players only and enjoy the zergless campaign longer.

Remember that some players in non-vet campaign are very experienced and going there to avoid frustrations they get in vet campaigns. That means you need good gear to be on pair with them - gold weapon is a must for example.

Any gear works for leveling your character in PVE. I used gear that randomly drops in order to avoid repairs. If the gear turns red then I change the piece with a new one that just dropped.
    Edited by Didgerion on December 5, 2017 8:07PM