Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Morrowind and base game question

xhas3ob14_ESO
xhas3ob14_ESO
Soul Shriven
Is the starting experience different if I got Morrowind?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Experience, as in XP? Experience, as in what happens to you?

If the latter, there is a different tutorial and you end up on an island off the coast of Vvardenfell. You don't go through the Wailing Prison at the start of the game.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • xhas3ob14_ESO
    xhas3ob14_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Experience, as in XP? Experience, as in what happens to you?

If the latter, there is a different tutorial and you end up on an island off the coast of Vvardenfell. You don't go through the Wailing Prison at the start of the game.

Yea sorry i meant what happens to you, Did you like it more than the Wailing Prison?
    Edited by xhas3ob14_ESO on December 2, 2017 10:47PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you own Morrowind, you will now start off on a ship and end up on Firemoth Island for your tutorial quest. If you skip the quest, you'll start in the ship at Seyda Neen. You can still do the Coldharbor start when you travel to your faction's first city where you'll see the Hooded Figure trying to give you a quest. That will start off the base game's main questline and take you to your faction's starter island.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the Morrowind introduction quest nicer, less gloomy and stuff. :) You get to do both though, like Varanis outlined. The Wailing Prison starts the main quest, so you need to do that anyway.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • xhas3ob14_ESO
    xhas3ob14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    could i wait and buy it later? and still, do that Morrowind introduction quest?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not on a character that has already run through the Wailing Prison tutorial.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t feel pressured to buy Morrowind just for the tutorial quest. It’s like five minutes of gameplay before you move on to the the Morrowind quests that are open to every character. You can buy Morrowind at any time, amd any character can go to Seda Neyn and pick up the first quest.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

Don’t feel pressured to buy Morrowind just for the tutorial quest. It’s like five minutes of gameplay before you move on to the the Morrowind quests that are open to every character. You can buy Morrowind at any time, amd any character can go to Seda Neyn and pick up the first quest.
    This, however ESO Morrowind ruined an tradition.
    https://isriana.deviantart.com/art/TESO-Keeps-Getting-Worse-445791458

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.