The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I think I just played my last BG match

StayAlfresco
StayAlfresco
✭✭
Let me just start this off by saying that I consider myself an above average PvP player. I play solo cyrodil 99% of my time, but towards the end of last patch, I really started to get back into BG's. It's fun!

Now, fast forward to this patch. Again, I've been playing a lot of BG's and have been enjoying them for the most part. But this last game drove me completely bonkers. We're talking a team deathmatch where time expired. There were six s+b Templars, 3 on one team and 2 on the other. The team with 3 Templars had a mageblade with them, and the other had a stamsorc and a Stam warden. The Stam sorc was bad, he'd just spam steel tornado over and over, and the Stam warden was okay. The problem is the cess pit of Templars, perma blocking and spamming Bol in the one spot, while the dps spam more abilities but don't actually kill anyone.

In open world PvP, you see these sorts of players and just literally ignore them. You don't have to fight them. They can't kill you, and you don't waste your time bothering. In BG's, your stuck with them as your opponents or you take the deserter penalty.

We won this match, and it was the worst BG's match that I've participated in. It wasn't fun, there were like 7 deaths in fifteen minutes. My team was bad, both the other teams were bad, and BG's are bad.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My team was bad, both the other teams were bad, and cp-BG's are bad.
    Fixed your typo.

• StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭
    Haha, agreed entirely! Thanks for the fix mate.
  • Johnfred24
    Johnfred24
    ✭✭✭
    Same experience with CP-BGs. Without cp the matches were fast-paced and fun, now it's horrible. Heal-tanks and permablock builds are everywhere and they really take the fun out of the game mode(at least for me). Yesterday I deserted for the first time out of utter frustration for similar reasons as you mentioned.

They said they only activated CP as a test and would change it back if the population goes down. It would be really great if we could get an update on what the future plans for BGs are and if we can expect a change back to non-cp or not.

@ZOS_GinaBruno how did the population develope after the update and what are the future plans for Battlegrounds?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please remove CP from BG :)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guarantee you population on Xbox NA has increased
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve tried playing twice. Sat in que for ~20 minutes, got in a game, re qued and out in CoD after a 5 minute wait. They don’t seem to be better and the quality of games are trash, all as expected.

Dropped like 1.1 mil and 300k healing my first game of CwC and didn’t have an ounce of fun doing this :/
  • StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭

I play in Australian prime time, so it's not as populated as it would be in NA prime time, but I didn't notice an increase in population. If anything, I'd say I've seen new faces but none of the usual opponents when BG's were non-cp.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont play BG anymore cause I find them no fun :/ I tried I just find them no fun :/
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The pace of play sucks and the increase in population only matters if it's sustainable(in which case there's enough pop for no-cp and cp on Xbox NA). The way most of these new BGs players are getting smashed by the older BG players could end up with it being de-populated again
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

The pace of play sucks and the increase in population only matters if it's sustainable(in which case there's enough pop for no-cp and cp on Xbox NA). The way most of these new BGs players are getting smashed by the older BG players could end up with it being de-populated again

The initial “increase” isn’t really a good indicator, it’s really just a bunch of people trying out cp bgs, let’s see if it’s the same after a month. When I played I didn’t even see the same bg players as before besides the usual pre mades , so that’s already a bad sign.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The initial “increase” isn’t really a good indicator, it’s really just a bunch of people trying out cp bgs, let’s see if it’s the same after a month. When I played I didn’t even see the same bg players as before besides the usual pre mades , so that’s already a bad sign.

Same leaderboard names, but not the same names...over and over and over and over...

Now each match has different players! Even at 2 am.

Agreed though it could just be the initial testing it out crowd
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭

The pace of play, to me, is the most notable thing. It's become boring. Is IC still dead? I might try to PvP there again.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's disgusting.

I entered the match (chaosball) and the group that I got connected to was already discussing who will do what and who will keep the ball for the achievements.

Naturally, "my" team was winning all the time, and 3rd team had 0 points.

I deserted after several mins, didn't care for the reward or anything. It was disgusting. Toxic pre-formed groups are just terrible and CP opened Pandora's box for all kind of abusers, trollers and twisted players.

Edited by maboleth on November 15, 2017 1:27AM
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    I say wait on that population increase statement since most pvp'ers are going into battlegrounds right now to escape the infinite load screens since it's less probable to get one in bgs.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed OP, and sadly I think numbers count so staying away may be what it takes for ZOS to realise. There has been official reaction yet, early days I guess.

BUT all BG players I know feel the same..that unique pace has gone. It's as dull as Vivec now but worse as at least we could accept that there.

@ZOS_GinaBruno just marking another for your attention.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn’t get the memo. CP are fun and exciting and players don’t want to play without the gazillion of CP they grinded worked so hard for. Perma blocking and overhealing will be addressed, and the lag in Cyrodiil will be fixed. Sunshine baby!
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    On PS4 I initially saw tons of new names. The last few days, I'm beginning to see the same names...
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get rid ZOS.
    PC EU
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    First of all there wasn't a lot of people playing BGs in no-CP and there's not a lot of people playing now. Why do I say that? It's easy to crack the top 100 players in each game mode on the leaderboard.

Prior to the No-CP patch I went on a business trip for 5 days, I returned to play on a weekend, and broke into the top 100 players for NA/PC. Last week I was on a business trip again and still made the leaderboards. I'm playing far less then most people who play ESO.

Truthfully, the first week or so with CP BGs had more players queuing. But the queues are still the same. You'd think people would have more time to play on a Saturday morning or mid day. Literally, from 8am to 1pm the game is STILL having a hard time finding enough players to make a full 4v4v4. Especially during that period(regardless of the day) you'll play against the same damn people. And already you'll encounter the same group of players in back to back games during prime time.

The PvP community is dwindling. We see that in the amount of campaigns available in the game in comparison to where we were before.

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ To be fair, PC EU campaigns seem as thriving as ever. There's always enough people to have fights going on. I focus on Sotha Sil and sometimes Vivec, which is fuller but CP enabled. I tend to refuse to participate in BGs that much, so don't know the situation there now.
  • Sarjako
    Sarjako
    ✭✭✭
    Let me just start this off by saying that I consider myself an above average PvP player. I play solo cyrodil 99% of my time, but towards the end of last patch, I really started to get back into BG's. It's fun!

Now, fast forward to this patch. Again, I've been playing a lot of BG's and have been enjoying them for the most part. But this last game drove me completely bonkers. We're talking a team deathmatch where time expired. There were six s+b Templars, 3 on one team and 2 on the other. The team with 3 Templars had a mageblade with them, and the other had a stamsorc and a Stam warden. The Stam sorc was bad, he'd just spam steel tornado over and over, and the Stam warden was okay. The problem is the cess pit of Templars, perma blocking and spamming Bol in the one spot, while the dps spam more abilities but don't actually kill anyone.

In open world PvP, you see these sorts of players and just literally ignore them. You don't have to fight them. They can't kill you, and you don't waste your time bothering. In BG's, your stuck with them as your opponents or you take the deserter penalty.

We won this match, and it was the worst BG's match that I've participated in. It wasn't fun, there were like 7 deaths in fifteen minutes. My team was bad, both the other teams were bad, and BG's are bad.

..... this post... was bad.
    XBX1 NA
    Healplar / StamDK-Tank / Stamblade / Magblade
    CP 810
  • Johnfred24
    Johnfred24
    ✭✭✭
    Sarjako wrote: »

..... this post... was bad.

no... but yours was.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    You didn’t get the memo. CP are fun and exciting and players don’t want to play without the gazillion of CP they grinded worked so hard for. Perma blocking and overhealing will be addressed, and the lag in Cyrodiil will be fixed. Sunshine baby!

^^^

Complainers said no one plays the non-CP campaign, therefore CP-enabled BGs are better. We warned about these broken builds before the change happened and now we’ll see CPs destroy BGs as predicted.

The initial wave of players is dwindling hard because:
    1. All players of low CP lose interest very fast because they always get crushed strictly due to stats
    2. All players regardless of CP get frustrated because broken CP-only builds.

I had some fun in BGs when Morrowind launched but quit the moment I heard that CPs were going to become enabled. Killed all interest for me.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

^^^

Complainers said no one plays the non-CP campaign, therefore CP-enabled BGs are better. We warned about these broken builds before the change happened and now we’ll see CPs destroy BGs as predicted.

1. All players of low CP lose interest very fast because they always get crushed strictly due to stats

I had some fun in BGs when Morrowind launched but quit the moment I heard that CPs were going to become enabled. Killed all interest for me.
    Yup, this exactly

And win or lose the pace of game play has dramatically changed for the worse. It's so dull. I'm out now and played daily since launch
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^

I consider L2P-issues or checking my own build before starting to blame CP for "broken builds". I´ve learned to accept the fact that I can´t be good against all and everyone. It´s always funny that the more PvP I play, the less OP/broken CP-builds I see......not sure why....
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

^^^

I consider L2P-issues or checking my own build before starting to blame CP for "broken builds". I´ve learned to accept the fact that I can´t be good against all and everyone. It´s always funny that the more PvP I play, the less OP/broken CP-builds I see......not sure why....

The issue I have is that I find the pace has gone slow and I find it boring now that we have CP.

I Dont play BG anymore :/

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

^^^

Oh, so you’re one of those people that run around telling ppl to L2P :/ You say everything is about self-improvement in this game where 690CP will give you massive flat bonuses to your stat sheet and every other aspect of your build, letting you crush players of even 300CP with little effort (assuming equal skill level).

Champion Points alter the game balance drastically. Without CP you need to make sacrifices in order to feel strong in one part of your build. Ofc, the balance isn’t perfect, but at least there is a semblance of balance.

With CPs enabled you can build for all three roles at the same time.... or you could follow the meta and be a ridiculously tanky healbot. BGs are amazing when you play Deathmatch and there’s 5-10 kills in 15min, or one team dominates the other two. In fact, the gameplay is so fun rn that PvP is at possibly an all-time low population (more importantly not improving) despite the new Transmute Crystal incentive..... yup, it’s totally just L2P issues like you say though.....

Fr, what you fail to understand is that you should be good against everyone, or at least somewhat effective. There should be zero broken CP builds, not “less”. The balance is a mess yet you’ve learned to accept that and pass it off as L2P now.