Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Another 'CP battlegrounds need to be removed' thread

mistermagic87b14_ESO
Awhile ago I purchased the expansion and came back to the game in order to get a gear set and build going for PVP - mainly to try out instanced battlegrounds.

As a returning player, I'm definitely not maximum CP and currently how the battlegrounds are CP enabled, this might as well be a locked zone until I'm max CP. It's not an enjoyable experience for the new/returning player, or the team they get put on. While I feel there are the people that can enjoy this play style, (all you 690's killing the low levels, don't even get started on pre-mades as that is another discussion.) ZOS is not allowing anyone returning/ new to the game to experience this feature on a level playing field, or really at all until nearly maxed out in CPs. CPs give a huge and unfair advantage and I get killed in about 2 to 3 attacks and I don't even have a chance to react.

I should have afked during the 3 battlegrounds matches I played because I was unable to compete or live longer than a few seconds once I was targeted. This is definitely not enjoyable for myself or anyone who is new or returning to the game to do the battlegrounds. I've read this is a test, and I hope that it gets reverted to a non-champion point queue or even add multiple queues for different play styles. CP or non-CP bgs.

The playstyle I'd like to do is no longer possible as a casual player unless I were to wait till max CP. Please remove the Champion point queue and make it non-champion point.
Edited by mistermagic87b14_ESO on December 2, 2017 6:20PM
PC - NA
Electronica Nightblade - In the works

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I think I have gone in only once after they enabled CP.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you do well in non-CP?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

The problem is more that they are not fun like they used to be,CP for me(and many other)are bad for PvP or even the game.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is more that they are not fun like they used to be,CP for me(and many other)are bad for PvP or even the game.

Well I find it extremely fun still

My question stands, did he ever do well in BGs?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • mistermagic87b14_ESO

Does it matter? I didn't really ever get to play at the time of originally purchasing the expansion. This is one of the first times I've been able to have enough free time to invest to work towards an end game build for both PVE and PVP. That aside, I really don't feel I have to justify if I did it or not prior to the change to CP enabled BGs.

My point still stands that the game is not balanced for new or returning players that don't have cp within battlegrounds. If you're one of the people that enjoy CP BG's by all means I don't want this removed as it's your preferred playstyle, however asking for an even playing field isn't too much to ask imo.
    Edited by mistermagic87b14_ESO on December 2, 2017 10:32PM
    PC - NA

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it matter? I didn't really ever get to play at the time of originally purchasing the expansion. This is one of the first times I've been able to have enough free time to invest to work towards an end game build for both PVE and PVP. That aside, I really don't feel I have to justify if I did it or not prior to the change to CP enabled BGs.

My point still stands that the game is not balanced for new or returning players that don't have cp within battlegrounds. If you're one of the people that enjoy CP BG's by all means I don't want this removed as it's your preferred playstyle, however asking for an even playing field isn't too much to ask imo.

The reason I ask is because what you described is true of a max CP character not ready for BGs. Or non-CP not familiar with BGs.

You say you can't survive when targeted down, this implies to me you're not using LoS.

I've had level 300 CPs do extremely well and 690s that make me think they bought their account.

I believe we will see more available options in the future.

Fyi - only one game mode requires you to even fight to win. Play to your strengths and think strategically
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 2, 2017 11:04PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • mistermagic87b14_ESO

The reason I ask is because what you described is true of a max CP character not ready for BGs. Or non-CP not familiar with BGs.

You say you can't survive when targeted down, this implies to me you're not using LoS.

I've had level 300 CPs do extremely well and 690s that make me think they bought their account.

Fyi - only one game mode requires you to even fight to win. Play to your strengths and think strategically

My point isn't that you can't do well at mid CP. My point is the current way the game is setup is not a level playing field. While you make strong points saying that some people and their playstyles and/or builds while using the environment to LOS someone will help in the current CP enabled BGS.

This isn't the issue, the issue is the majority of people in CP enabled bgs are maxed out and are getting an advantage that new/returning players do not get. You can talk playstyle all you want, but it will not change this fact.
    PC - NA

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My point isn't that you can't do well at mid CP. My point is the current way the game is setup is not a level playing field. While you make strong points saying that some people and their playstyles and/or builds while using the environment to LOS someone will help in the current CP enabled BGS.

This isn't the issue, the issue is the majority of people in CP enabled bgs are maxed out and are getting an advantage that new/returning players do not get. You can talk playstyle all you want, but it will not change this fact.

I understand, directly to your point: I expect both CP and non CP in the future

Till then, if you wanna do BGs, try to focus on objectives rather than fights and you may win and still have fun
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed that CP has ruined battleground playstyle / pace.

I played a ton before the change now have left as its so stale.

Waiting on ZOS to give a response as CP was only a test
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CPs give a huge and unfair advantage...

FALSE. Go grind them like EVERYONE ELSE did. This is an MMO. Leveling up is part of the game, and it isn't supposed to be done overnight!

#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    you honestly don't need to be max cp to have fun in BG's just like you can go into cp enabled cyro and still kill ppl.
  • mistermagic87b14_ESO

FALSE. Go grind them like EVERYONE ELSE did. This is an MMO. Leveling up is part of the game, and it isn't supposed to be done overnight!

What you put in bold and what you said is false and you are probably just trolling me, but ok I'll bite.

First off I never said I wanted CP's for free and maybe you need to re-read my issue with Battlegrounds because you don't seem to understand.

Second, It is unfair if I have to spend time and energy to gain max CP level just to enjoy battle grounds on a competitive level. No where in my statement did I say I wanted it overnight, I don't care about CPs I want a fair and even playing field for new and returning players against people who have played even since beta off and on (like me).

Sure you're right leveling up is part of the game, grinding out CP's to play battlegrounds is not the reason I bought the expansion and you just seem mad that that the majority of the playerbase doesn't want to get *** on by people like you who put a crazy amount of time into the game.

To your side of the argument, sure you earned it so let the players with max CP use it. Easy solution, play CP only enabled BGs, and let people like myself and those of us who haven't (can you imagine a brand new player?)

That's highly unreasonable to suggest a new player or even a returning player like myself needs to be max CP to experience an area. There's a reason there are non-CP enabled bgs you realize this right?

You've got to trolling me at this point aren't you?
    Edited by mistermagic87b14_ESO on December 4, 2017 9:52PM
    PC - NA

• BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

What you put in bold and what you said is false and you are probably just trolling me, but ok I'll bite.

First off I never said I wanted CP's for free and maybe you need to re-read my issue with Battlegrounds because you don't seem to understand.

Second, It is unfair if I have to spend time and energy to gain max CP level just to enjoy battle grounds on a competitive level. No where in my statement did I say I wanted it overnight, I don't care about CPs I want a fair and even playing field for new and returning players against people who have played even since beta off and on (like me).

Sure you're right leveling up is part of the game, grinding out CP's to play battlegrounds is not the reason I bought the expansion and you just seem mad that that the majority of the playerbase doesn't want to get *** on by people like you who put a crazy amount of time into the game.

To your side of the argument, sure you earned it so let the players with max CP use it. Easy solution, play CP only enabled BGs, and let people like myself and those of us who haven't (can you imagine a brand new player?)

That's highly unreasonable to suggest a new player or even a returning player like myself needs to be max CP to experience an area. There's a reason there are non-CP enabled bgs you realize this right?

You've got to trolling me at this point aren't you?

welcome to the real world where life isn't fair. lol
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't lose sight of the problem tho guys. It's not about winning or losing or needing to grind CP or stuff being fair alone.

CP has dramatically changed the pace and playstyle of BattleGrounds in a bad way. Less tactical, games running to 15 minutes in stalemates, derby action.

For those that played BG before can see a real negative difference.

I was never a No-CP guy before. I'm all for lo gee serving players having an advantage, however when I experienced proper no-CP I saw the light. The action is so much better. I'm now fed up for Vivec and if I could get the Pop / a group for Sotha I would onLy be there. However that aside for the style BG was intended no-CP suits it all the way.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Don't lose sight of the problem tho guys. It's not about winning or losing or needing to grind CP or stuff being fair alone.

CP has dramatically changed the pace and playstyle of BattleGrounds in a bad way. Less tactical, games running to 15 minutes in stalemates, derby action.

For those that played BG before can see a real negative difference.

I was never a No-CP guy before. I'm all for lo gee serving players having an advantage, however when I experienced proper no-CP I saw the light. The action is so much better. I'm now fed up for Vivec and if I could get the Pop / a group for Sotha I would onLy be there. However that aside for the style BG was intended no-CP suits it all the way.

gonna have to disagree. I could see your point if ZOS hadn't spent so much time balancing pvp with CP in mind to the point where in nCP depending on what class your opponent was there was no counter-play. I remember running a defile build in nCP BGs and just laughing at how nobody was able to stay alive.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Dont play bg anymore cause i find them no fun and slow pace since cp were reintroduced
    Edited by Morgul667 on December 4, 2017 11:59PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at 555 CP, and even with that disadvantage, I can avoid dying way too easily. The extreme survivability CP introduces makes most encounters feel like a pillow fight.

ZOS:

Remove CP from BGs. Then offer better rewards to draw in players. Oh, taking down the Morrowind pay wall will help as well.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give us options. Yes it splits the player base and pool numbers, but it also lets people who just avoid it come back in.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Just give us options. Yes it splits the player base and pool numbers, but it also lets people who just avoid it come back in.

I feel like if they did this, they would have to remove the paywall. Either that, or temporary have both, see which has healthier numbers, and let that be what finally determines which mode to go with.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    if you're over 300cp build and skill are way more relevant
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kessik221 wrote: »
    if you're over 300cp build and skill are way more relevant

Eh.... yeah they’re “more relevant” but there’s a difference between being “relevant” and being competitive.

If you shaved 120 champ points off my blue trees, my dmg would go down roughly 12%. That might not seem like a lot by itself, but dmg in this game is always countered by healing.... if you lowered my total dmg by 12% then my net dmg after factoring in an average enemy’s healing would be lowered closer to 30%

PvP combat stats are played in the margins, not in absolutes like PvE.
    Edited by Thogard on December 9, 2017 3:10PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a full CP player...

I'm more and more wanting CP removed.

Not because of the playing, but I know if I get stuck with low CP players, no matter how good they are, we won't win.

I'm realizing it's not fair to me to get stuck with them, and it's not fair that they can't really participate in something they paid for...

I dunno, CP really has brought the worst out in me, I get upset and say things like, "100 CP doesn't belong here" which just isn't fair once I realized they paid for the content.

If it was free, GTFO
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spot on ^ Many regular low CP players from the early BG days have left but pugging you get alot of BG noobs pop up giving it a go and after a few rounds of losing / them dying they quit, unlikely to return. It's not healthy.

Before a good CP200 could rock up and be on a winning team, love it and stay.

It's stale now.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never grinded CP i just pvped and Got 900 CP.Cp BG is bad and show how cancerous the game is.