The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

balance ideas

lucky_Sage
lucky_Sage
✭✭✭✭✭
Dragonknight
elderdragon passive into a cost reduction passive.

making standard give a group but like minor heroism and make shifting standard into a player based aoe to make it mmore viable for pvp and both changes to it will help give dks something to bring to the group that wardens and tank sup sorcs don't do better.

give the reflective plate morph removes roots and snares instead of minor ward.this change with some sustain buffs would allow magdks not to be forced into vampire and with shuffle change help heavy armor stam dks if choose to use magicka.

a passive that minorly counters purge like maybe everytime a dk DoT is removed from targets gets 35 weapon and spell dmg stacking up 10 times for 6 seconds which would give the dk time to reaplay some but with thoughtful cleansing from healer or Templar wouldn't allow it to get out of hand and to strong

a stonefirst rework should happen a aoe heal like blessing of protection and it also sets enemies off balance who get hit by it. one morph can full on stun and the other can give ally a HoT. (fits in with them making everyclass has a line for each role) animation would be puching the ground and a magma shock wave in front of caster

fragmented shield should now scale off max magicka and give a HoT effect on it

ash cloud reduce cost and increase dmg to be on par with sorcs and nb ground aoe make it cast on the feet of the caster.

sorc
crystal shard base spell should have proc chance then the player chooses single target burst like lower cost or aoe and stun

templar
balanced warrior should alsao increase magick dmg

pucturing strikes now also builds but stacks going to 8 times and stuns the target for 2 seconds and is unlockable only one enemy can be stunned by it at a time

warden
give swarm increases dmg to low health targets just like posion injection and one morph should be stam

increase the duration on falcons swiftness to 15 seconds

I main a dk so I have more ideas for them sorry I don't know much of nightblades at all and limited on other classes.

blocking should be looked into its one of the reasons they say dks are strong in pvp but they use as crutch this guys has a good idea @krathos https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376284/change-how-block-is-calculated-how-to-fix-the-real-perma-block-issue/p1

heavy armor
the wrath change is fine but a passive being slit up into 2 without buffing them doesn't makes sense but a new passive should have been made like light and heavy attacks now restore 50% of the other resource so a destroy staff would give some stam back dw would give some magick back

medium armor
when dodge rolling should reduce dmg by 20% to help it with undodgeables

maybe the weapon dmg passive should become a flat value something that competes with light armor spell pen

destruction staff
ancient knowledge should give you the passive without a ability slotted to be on par with 2h and DW

Elemental Susceptibility should taunt the enemy with a frost staff equipped

please add on if you want and give your opinion but keep constructive and reasonable ideas.

Edited by lucky_Sage on November 28, 2017 4:44AM
DC PC NA
Magdk - main
Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
magdk
magblade
stamplar
magden
magsorc

• lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    putting it back to the top of page
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just skimmed but the biggest thing is that there was a stun on sweeps/jabs for a long time, it was a bad idea then and it is a bad idea now.
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just skimmed but the biggest thing is that there was a stun on sweeps/jabs for a long time, it was a bad idea then and it is a bad idea now.

that's because it was like a 1 sec stun or less if it last 2.5 secs and its not right away it may work better and be unblockable

but I easily could be wrong
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balance idea:

Templar:

Fix Jesus beam, its pretty much niche low value atm as its only barely worth running at ~ >10%

Anything less than 25% where it becomes effective is crap.
    Edited by swirve on November 30, 2017 9:24AM
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    swirve wrote: »
    Balance idea:

Templar:

Fix Jesus beam, its pretty much niche low value atm as its only barely worth running at ~ >10%

There is a very good reason that skill got nerfed.
    and even with the nerf Its still a strong zerg tool. templar can have buffs, but not on jesus beam, no thanks.
    Now make templars actually killable, then they can get buffs.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 30, 2017 9:49AM
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balance idea:

Templar:

and even with the nerf Its still a strong zerg tool. templar can have buffs, but not on jesus beam, no thanks.

Block or interrupted with venom arrow or crushing shock. It is a bright yellow beam.

Templar are crap DPS in pve without Jesus beam working like it did. Just because you can't figure out how to defend against it in PvP, don't gimp an entire class in pve.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balance idea:

Templar:

There´s a big difference between something being nerfed and being broken......
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balance idea:

Templar:

Block or interrupted with venom arrow or crushing shock. It is a bright yellow beam.

Templar are crap DPS in pve without Jesus beam working like it did. Just because you can't figure out how to defend against it in PvP, don't gimp an entire class in pve.

As I said , It got nerfed for a reason
    Its called ''jesus beam'' for a reason

what do you think will happen if they just go ahead and fix magplar scalings?

I will tell you, literally everyone in this game will play a magplar because why would you not play a class that has purge, ranged execute, endless OP heals, ridicilous burst damage?

Right now templar is not top dog but is just a few buffs away from dominating everywhere in PvP.
    healplars are literally unkillable, magplars and stamplars are veery, very strong in right hands and they have great group utility aswell.

Options
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole nerf Jesus beam in PvP is a joke tbf. People were complaining that a dozen players could kill them using it...

Try killing someone 1v1 with Jesus beam prior to the fix.

Also in PvE, yes PvE its an absolute joke ability.

I wouldnt care if they made it zero dmg above 25% they just need to improve it as am reasonable execute because as it currently stands it is terrible.
    Edited by swirve on November 30, 2017 10:18AM
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole nerf Jesus beam in PvP is a joke tbf. People were complaining that a dozen players could kill them using it...

I wouldnt care if they made it zero dmg above 25% they just need to improve it as am reasonable execute because as it currently stands it is terrible.

Its a very bad design of a skill.
    Magplar can have power in somewhere else.
    It needs a rework, It just lacks risk in pvp.

Actually a range nerf would put it in line.
    reduce the range to 10m and then fix the scaling.
    That way templars would need to actually get in some danger in pvp, while in pve I would be a net buff.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 30, 2017 10:23AM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It´s not about buffing Templar for PvE/PvP. It´s about fixing a skill that´s broken. There should be no conditions to fix something that´s broken or not working as intended.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    It´s not about buffing Templar for PvE/PvP. It´s about fixing a skill that´s broken. There should be no conditions to fix something that´s broken or not working as intended.

If Its about fixing something broken, Im pretty sure DK has some priority to get fixed before templar.

IF there should be no condition to fix something that's broken,

I want a fix to wings, chains,petrify,inferno,dk standart,leap,volatile armor,corrosive armor....

almost all the dk abilities are broken or nerfed to being useless.

This is done because zos wanted to ''fix'' Dk.

You want your class ''fixed'' by the same guys who did this to dk ? good luck sir.
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a very bad design of a skill.
    Magplar can have power in somewhere else.
    It needs a rework, It just lacks risk in pvp.

Actually a range nerf would put it in line.
    reduce the range to 10m and then fix the scaling.
    That way templars would need to actually get in some danger in pvp, while in pve I would be a net buff.

This has been discussed at length in PTS threads. Leave the range but make the damage scale inversely based on distance. That way people casting it from behind a zerg won't do significant damage, but it's still a useful execute when the Templar is in melee range (and at risk).
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If Its about fixing something broken, Im pretty sure DK has some priority to get fixed before templar.

I want a fix to wings, chains,petrify,inferno,dk standart,leap,volatile armor,corrosive armor....

You want your class ''fixed'' by the same guys who did this to dk ? good luck sir.
    @Ragnarock41
    Wanna swap???

----a ticked off nb
    (Shadow figure broken, Surprise attack broken, Stealth useless it's off my PvP bar, mass hysteria nerfed, only range cc removed for a useless skill only good for committing suicide--->spamm till low hp then use ravage health potion, nerfed siphoning attacks, etc.)
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DK:
    • Remove chains. Make stonefist the pull. Allow any height, even keeps. Have a 1s stun before pull so it can be broken free. Remove CC immunity if not broken free.
    • Make chains some stamina morph, maybe healing.
    • InfernAoE. At least the heal. Also give the heal morph an AoE 1 effect purge every 5s.
    • Wings 3 reflects per person. The plate morph should remove roots+snares for 6s
    • General sustain buff.
    I think the damage done by a DK is fine, its only low because the only defense is turtling.

Templar:
    • Eclipse morph to be blinding flashes.
    • Mag morph of sweeps
    • Scaling bugs fixed.
    • Purge cheapened, but changed to a 1/2/2 effect purge over 3 s

Sorc:
    • Buff streak, not to infinity, but buff
    • Multiple mines in a row should hurt badly.
    • Increase boundless speed buff.
    • Options to have the pet close like netch.
    • Lower defensive rune cost. Make the other rune similar to before, but stam based with a physical dot. The not breaking on dots worked well on a stamsorc, but now its sort of just petrify.
    Edited by ak_pvp on November 30, 2017 7:34PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balancing ESO depends upon first accepting that PvP and PvE need to be balanced separately. Until then, the effort is futile.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol...sure, balancing jesus beam around getting zerged will make this game better :lol:

Hint for you guys: that ability is useless in pve and pvp since morrowind...
    Everytime i get targeted by it, i either laugh and heal or just heal...unless i'm outnumbered this ability doesn't do anything. (and no...i don't play magplar at all...stamplar it is atm...)
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised nobody has batted an eye at the warden buff
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised nobody has batted an eye at the warden buff

Because they are decent ideas that make the class more accessible, but not OP. Not what I would do but eh. The dot has its own cute niche extras so doesn't need buffs, just fixing the scaling.
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ak_pvp I'm a part of the, "no more nerfs" crowd, just surprised the idea didn't get someone tar and feathered.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭

I main a mDK and mPlar... they can fix all they like as they the former is fkd anyways.
    Options
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    Dragonknight
    elderdragon passive into a cost reduction passive.

making standard give a group but like minor heroism and make shifting standard into a player based aoe to make it mmore viable for pvp and both changes to it will help give dks something to bring to the group that wardens and tank sup sorcs don't do better.

give the reflective plate morph removes roots and snares instead of minor ward.this change with some sustain buffs would allow magdks not to be forced into vampire and with shuffle change help heavy armor stam dks if choose to use magicka.

a passive that minorly counters purge like maybe everytime a dk DoT is removed from targets gets 35 weapon and spell dmg stacking up 10 times for 6 seconds which would give the dk time to reaplay some but with thoughtful cleansing from healer or Templar wouldn't allow it to get out of hand and to strong

a stonefirst rework should happen a aoe heal like blessing of protection and it also sets enemies off balance who get hit by it. one morph can full on stun and the other can give ally a HoT. (fits in with them making everyclass has a line for each role) animation would be puching the ground and a magma shock wave in front of caster

fragmented shield should now scale off max magicka and give a HoT effect on it

ash cloud reduce cost and increase dmg to be on par with sorcs and nb ground aoe make it cast on the feet of the caster.

sorc
    crystal shard base spell should have proc chance then the player chooses single target burst like lower cost or aoe and stun

templar
    balanced warrior should alsao increase magick dmg

pucturing strikes now also builds but stacks going to 8 times and stuns the target for 2 seconds and is unlockable only one enemy can be stunned by it at a time

warden
    give swarm increases dmg to low health targets just like posion injection and one morph should be stam

increase the duration on falcons swiftness to 15 seconds

I main a dk so I have more ideas for them sorry I don't know much of nightblades at all and limited on other classes.

blocking should be looked into its one of the reasons they say dks are strong in pvp but they use as crutch this guys has a good idea @krathos https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376284/change-how-block-is-calculated-how-to-fix-the-real-perma-block-issue/p1

heavy armor
    the wrath change is fine but a passive being slit up into 2 without buffing them doesn't makes sense but a new passive should have been made like light and heavy attacks now restore 50% of the other resource so a destroy staff would give some stam back dw would give some magick back

medium armor
    when dodge rolling should reduce dmg by 20% to help it with undodgeables

maybe the weapon dmg passive should become a flat value something that competes with light armor spell pen

destruction staff
    ancient knowledge should give you the passive without a ability slotted to be on par with 2h and DW

Elemental Susceptibility should taunt the enemy with a frost staff equipped

please add on if you want and give your opinion but keep constructive and reasonable ideas.

Healing in general is too strong, the skills are fine just make cooldowns, like 20sec, 40sec, not perma-spam and Ults regen way too fast..need to make once every 2-5 min or so, not 5 resto ults in 2 min!
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ak_pvp I'm a part of the, "no more nerfs" crowd, just surprised the idea didn't get someone tar and feathered.

I mean, some nerfs are needed. But I think if you nerf something, something else needs buffing to balance it out. Every class should hit 2 of the 3 (damage/tankiness/mobility) quotas. And have enough unique flare.
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

sadly sometimes nerfs are the only way to balance things.
    But I agree with @ak_pvp , if you take away power from a class because an ability overperforms , you must give them power in some other ability/passive to balance it.

This also should be case after big indirect nerfs.
    Options
  • UnversedNumber3
    UnversedNumber3
    ✭✭✭
    I didn tread everything but I did see the taunt with elemental susceptibility while wielding an ice staff. There is a few reasons why I think this is a bad idea.

1. Elemental susceptibility and its morphs are free to cast and ranged. This as a taut would outclass other taunts and is not really fair.

2. This is not really fair to DPS that are using a frost staff (I know there arent very many). When I run solo or small group I sometimes run ele drain and I dont want to be taunting the boss every 20ish seconds.

3. A heavy attack from a frost staff already taunts do you need ele drain to taunt as well?
    Played for about 2 years on Xbox and did everything you can do (-emp).
    Still pretty new to PC-NA.
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn tread everything but I did see the taunt with elemental susceptibility while wielding an ice staff. There is a few reasons why I think this is a bad idea.

1. Elemental susceptibility and its morphs are free to cast and ranged. This as a taut would outclass other taunts and is not really fair.

2. This is not really fair to DPS that are using a frost staff (I know there arent very many). When I run solo or small group I sometimes run ele drain and I dont want to be taunting the boss every 20ish seconds.

3. A heavy attack from a frost staff already taunts do you need ele drain to taunt as well?

It would be instead of heavy attacks. And it is only one morph, one that no one really uses unless on a target dummy, so no change there. It would be a unique buff that allows frost staff to keep up taunt indefinitely, sacrificing extra strength for utility.
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options