The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Idea** Monster Trophies + Weapons = Awesome Visual Effect

Nighn_9
Nighn_9
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay so I've had this idea before, but never really mentioned it on the forums. The idea is basically to be able to farm a certain monster trophy (for example the "Smoldering Emberheart" from Flame Atronachs) and be able to add them to our weapons to obtain a cool and interesting visual effect that stays on the weapon permanently unless you some how took it off or swapped it with another monster trophy.

The visual affect would be purely cosmetic and could look similar to how equipped poisons are, or perhaps Moondancer/IA weapons. Basically, each Monster Trophy would have its own visual effect. For example, the "Smoldering Emberheart" from Flame Atronachs would make your weapon(s) have a constant fire around them, or the "Everfrost" from Frost Atronachs would give you icy weapons.

The monster trophies are already bound, so each player would have to go out and farm them. Perhaps they could put the trophy on a BOE weapon then sell it, but either way it would still be fine because players would more than likely love this.

I think this would be the best reason to keep the trophies that are dropped. Either way ZOS, we need something new and interesting with monster trophies other than just looking at them and then selling them lol. I think this idea would be a perfect solution. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

jODHSvW.jpg
DxoHjOY.jpg
Edited by Nighn_9 on November 24, 2017 2:02PM
NA / PC
November Beta 2013
WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a fantastic idea. I realize it would probably put even more stress on the servers and frame rate would likely suffer, but I wonder if there’s a way others could toggle seeing others’ effects similar to seeing friendly AoE’s, etc.

If nothing else, I would love to see them devote an artist to create a 3-D rendering of the overland monster trophies and rare fish to make them into furnishings.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We need the servers for more flashy crown crate mounts
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

Yeah right, my apex wolf mount takes at least a minute to appear compared to my normal wolf mount.

Riding in a group in cyrodiil looks like a band of psychedelic futuristic hippies with all the flames, frost, lava, and footprints shooting out the arse of every mount.

Last thing we need is multi colored staves and 2hers, as cool as that would be.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    Okay so I've had this idea before, but never really mentioned it on the forums. The idea is basically to be able to farm a certain monster trophy (for example the "Smoldering Emberheart" from Flame Atronachs) and be able to add them to our weapons to obtain a cool and interesting visual effect that stays on the weapon permanently unless you some how took it off or swapped it with another monster trophy.

The visual affect would be purely cosmetic and could look similar to how equipped poisons are, or perhaps Moondancer/IA weapons. Basically, each Monster Trophy would have its own visual effect. For example, the "Smoldering Emberheart" from Flame Atronachs would make your weapon(s) have a constant fire around them, or the "Everfrost" from Frost Atronachs would give you icy weapons.

The monster trophies are already bound, so each player would have to go out and farm them. Perhaps they could put the trophy on a BOE weapon then sell it, but either way it would still be fine because players would more than likely love this.

I think this would be the best reason to keep the trophies that are dropped. Either way ZOS, we need something new and interesting with monster trophies other than just looking at them and then selling them lol. I think this idea would be a perfect solution. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

jODHSvW.jpg
    DxoHjOY.jpg

Wasn't you at one point able to sell those? Why did they change them to bound on pickup?

**sorry I know that's off topic but yes it would be cool to have a reason to collect these other than the achievement. Some are super hard to get.
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doslekis wrote: »
    Ankael07 wrote: »

Yeah right, my apex wolf mount takes at least a minute to appear compared to my normal wolf mount.

Riding in a group in cyrodiil looks like a band of psychedelic futuristic hippies with all the flames, frost, lava, and footprints shooting out the arse of every mount.

Last thing we need is multi colored staves and 2hers, as cool as that would be.

id rather have cool looking weapons than a $200+ mount
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why should maw of lorkhaj weapons be the only weapons in game that have a permanent visual effect.
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE