Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Spensing Crown Gems?

Yogini0109
Hello! I am fairly new to the game, and I can't figure out how to spend Crown Gems! I have a few from getting duplicate Crown Crate items, but I don't see in the Crown store where to spend them! :/

Thanks!
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the Crown Crates section in the Crown Store and select which reward tier you want (legendary, superior, common, etc.), there you will have a list of all items to purchase with gems.
    PC/EU DC
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also you can convert consumables into gems if you want some extra :
    Crown Gems are received in the event you receive a mount, pet, costume or personality that you already own when opening a Crown Crate. You will also have the option to convert several items obtained from Crown Crates to Crown Gems any time you want including potions, poisons, riding lessons, experience scrolls, and other utility-type items. Any Crown Gems you earn can then be used to purchase the collectible items of your choosing from the current Crown Crate season.

If you convert all utility-type items into gems from each crate, you will get an average of 3 gems per crate even if you don't have duplicate items.

Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on December 1, 2017 1:12PM
    PC/EU DC
  • Yogini0109
    Thank you all! i will try this!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also you can convert consumables into gems if you want some extra :
    Crown Gems are received in the event you receive a mount, pet, costume or personality that you already own when opening a Crown Crate. You will also have the option to convert several items obtained from Crown Crates to Crown Gems any time you want including potions, poisons, riding lessons, experience scrolls, and other utility-type items. Any Crown Gems you earn can then be used to purchase the collectible items of your choosing from the current Crown Crate season.

If you convert all utility-type items into gems from each crate, you will get an average of 3 gems per crate even if you don't have duplicate items.
    Yes and I strongly recommend converting consumables to gems unless very rich in $ and poor in gold.
    You can buy the same stuff outside of horse training for gold.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, we should note that the selection of items you can spend your gems on changes with each season. Right now it’s the “flame atronach season,” so those are the items on sale. Seasons go for about 3 months.

Your gems will not expire. If you don’t see anything you like, feel free to save them for the next crown crate season when an entirely new list of items will be offered.