The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Crown Crates] So There Are Mounts That Can't Be Bought With Crown Gems?

KanedaSyndrome
KanedaSyndrome
✭✭✭✭
It seems that they've introduced 3 mounts that are supposed to be "Extremely Rare", which can't even be bought with crown gems like normal apex mounts. It already cost me 11k crowns to get my wild hunt mount, but if I want the blue flame wolf, then I can't even use crown gems?

This is, tbh, quite absurd. A player would have to spend what on average to get this mount? 10,000 dollars?
KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that they've introduced 3 mounts that are supposed to be "Extremely Rare", which can't even be bought with crown gems like normal apex mounts. It already cost me 11k crowns to get my wild hunt mount, but if I want the blue flame wolf, then I can't even use crown gems?

This is, tbh, quite absurd. A player would have to spend what on average to get this mount? 10,000 dollars?

This is exactly what they want. They care little of how much you spend as long as you are spending. This is why people are in such an uproar. Its unethical and out of character for old school Bethesda.

If I did not know better, I would say ZOS is ramping up for a cash grab.
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

This is exactly what they want. They care little of how much you spend as long as you are spending. This is why people are in such an uproar. Its unethical and out of character for old school Bethesda.

If I did not know better, I would say ZOS is ramping up for a cash grab.

Alright then. Well I guess I'll ignore that these mounts exist then. This is just too dumb, having something that you potentially can never get, even if you collected 2k crown gems.

This actually made me boycott the current crown crate season alltogether.
    Edited by KanedaSyndrome on November 28, 2017 11:34PM
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty common for loot boxes..I've never seen a fair system
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Say goodbye to 10-15k crowns spent on crown crates ZOS.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best to ignore such mounts exist. Throwing money at crates merely reinforces the fact, to the money men, that these loot boxes are good for profit. This will only stop when gamers stop throwing money at loot boxes. They are acting on a "by-demand" principle.

The free crates (appreciate them though I do) is probably to entice more people to then purchase crates after they've wetted their appetite on the free ones. I bet they see an uptick in crate sales after giving out free ones.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    They started doing that in june when dwemer crates came. The 400 gems were so pricey already that adding unbuyable mounts is nothing but ridiculous.
    Edited by GaunterODim on November 29, 2017 7:56AM
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    The real pity here is that I'd be willing to save up 1000 gems probably and dish that out for a very rare item one day, but simply not as long as there's no way to ensure that I get the item.

RNG walls are only ok if they're free (ie. dungeon drops), but not when we're talking real money. There are real examples of people spending several thousand dollars trying to get these special mounts, and still, they're no closer to getting it than Joe that is opening his first free Crown Crate.

It's simply unethical. At the very least you should receive higher and higher chance of getting an item on your wishlist (which could be created for this purpose) everytime you don't get an item from the list.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The real pity here is that I'd be willing to save up 1000 gems probably and dish that out for a very rare item one day, but simply not as long as there's no way to ensure that I get the item.

RNG walls are only ok if they're free (ie. dungeon drops), but not when we're talking real money. There are real examples of people spending several thousand dollars trying to get these special mounts, and still, they're no closer to getting it than Joe that is opening his first free Crown Crate.

It's simply unethical. At the very least you should receive higher and higher chance of getting an item on your wishlist (which could be created for this purpose) everytime you don't get an item from the list.

Agreed. ESPECIALLY when the house (ZOS) fixes the game. Vegas cant even fix RNG.