The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Flame atro mount issue

WaTeR-aBuSeR
WaTeR-aBuSeR
✭✭✭✭
Anyone else seeing two different shades on these? At first they were orange and now they are more yellow. Wish I took a screenshot when there was a group of people with one mount a completely different shade.
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    couldn't it be intended? flames are red, yellow, and even blue depending on the heat of the fire
    id need to see a picture thb, this could be intended for realism?
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think all the crown crate mounts have a special "flare up" effect after their roar (stand still and press the jump key, that thing), maybe that's what happened?
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    More noticeable with the horse.

NZofWRD.jpg
    2BNuQvw.jpg
    Edited by WaTeR-aBuSeR on November 29, 2017 2:27PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More noticeable with the horse.

NZofWRD.jpg
    2BNuQvw.jpg

It's an color optical illusion with the colors between the mounts stoney flesh and the lava plumes between each one.

The bear has more distance between the stone flesh parts, the horse and Camel, have more stone parts. So the more the animal has stoney flesh parts, the closer together the lava plumes are. Since the lava plumes are so closer together, you do not get that subtle orange<->yellow transition between colors that you see on the Bear. The yellow is more prominate on the Camel/Horse because of the stoney flesh parts.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on November 29, 2017 5:01PM
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I first saw it there was a group of people on them including a bear then one bear mount that looked yellow. Maybe it is an illusion I dunno.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it is an illusion. Color can really mess with your mind sometimes :D