The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Opinions on the new crafting interface?

doslekis
doslekis
✭✭✭
On console, no add-ons, so I really like the new crafting interface. Being able to see what items you can research is very helpful when deconstructing.

The only part I don't like is when you deconstruct now it seems to jump around rather than going right down the line. I used to rapidly deconstruct, knowing what the next item would be, but now it seems to randomly jump between items, I'm sure there's order to it but can t figure it out.

What's everyone's thoughts on the new interface?
I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, except I'm on PC - most crafting add-ons don't work in gamepad mode, so being able to see the researchables in my usual ui is great.

I'm having the same problem with the decon screen, and I hate it. The reordering doesn't seem to happen on the improvement screen ime, just the decon one - does that match your experience? Needing to read everything over after each item destroyed is a giant pita, and it's making inventory management worse than usual because I have to go through the list multiple times to get all the "ancestor silk boots" etc and because I'm losing track of "is this the pair of war maiden gloves I wanted to keep?" (since the list isn't alphabetized, nor is the refining menu).

At least I can switch to to keyboard ui when I get frustrated. :/ Except I like the gamepad refining menu better, so every trip to empty my bags and clean up my mats is getting too freaking complicated.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It happens in the refinement screen as well. Items are no longer in alpha order and jump around when you refine all of the raw mats of a particular type (e.g. refining 100 rubedite ore so there is no longer any to refine, it disappears from the refine screen and everything else gets reordered).
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Jayne and Victoriana, I'm not sure if this was intended or what. It's very annoying to have to check every time you deconstruct something now.

I find myself locking everything now to prevent myself from deconstructing because I'm so used to the quick click deconstruct in order like it used to be.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play on PC but use the controller with no crafting addons and I love the new interface. I only deconstruct intricates so the jumping around isn't an issue for me.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    It happens in the refinement screen as well. Items are no longer in alpha order and jump around when you refine all of the raw mats of a particular type (e.g. refining 100 rubedite ore so there is no longer any to refine, it disappears from the refine screen and everything else gets reordered).

Thanks for the correction. My refining screen is definitely out of order, though I haven't noticed it move around; I'll keep an eye out next time. I spend a lot more time on the decon screen and my irritation at that overrides my memories of refining. XD
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    try putting the order back to alphabetical.......
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    100% agree the new feature added with CWC to help identify items for decon has caused a few people I know to lose important items.

In the patch notes @ZOS_GinaBruno explains why the items now move around. It's intended but at least on console it continues to reorder items and has turned a rather mundane task into one we must keep a close eye on. Lest we decon something we don't mean to.
    The simplest thing to do is lock the item but if it's a item we wish to sell or trade it becomes a nuisance.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    100% agree the new feature added with CWC to help identify items for decon has caused a few people I know to lose important items.

In the patch notes @ZOS_GinaBruno explains why the items now move around. It's intended but at least on console it continues to reorder items and has turned a rather mundane task into one we must keep a close eye on. Lest we decon something we don't mean to.
    The simplest thing to do is lock the item but if it's a item we wish to sell or trade it becomes a nuisance.

...... You're telling me that the items moving around is intended? I must've missed this one. If true that's terrible. Was really hoping it was going to get fixed as it's really annoying. I like to decon all colored and intricate items while selling all regular white and ornate items. I guess Ill have to start going to merchant first and crafting stations second while clearing my inventory.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shuffling of items appears to be completely random during deconstruction, and not tied to any "need" of the particular character. I deconstruct ~75% of gear on my main crafter who is 9-trait in everything, so there's nothing that should be held back by the server in case I may want to research rather than deconstruct. I sell intricate items in the traders, so I never have those in my inventory when I start the deconstruction process, so that's not playing a role either.

I could understand if it was trying to shuffle purple towards the top, or group alphabetically, but it just appears that things just flip around left and right, all willy-nilly, Milli Vanilli style!

Again, I appreciate the changes they tried to make for QoL, but just like when Microsoft introduced Windows XP, there should be a toggle for "traditional windows view" (ie crafting user interface) for us who didn't want this "improvement."
    Edited by Feric51 on November 29, 2017 4:26PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)