The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

would this be a vaible and good magplar build? (UESP link)

Trashs1
Trashs1
✭✭✭
hello,

i tried to build a magplar together and this is how it shows.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=34743

would this be a good build?
Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    maybe it helps when i tag well known ppl :)

@Lexxypwns @Minno @Waffennacht
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psst, first rule of overwhelming surge:

You don´t talk about overwhelming surge ^^
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Second rule of overwhelming surge is be ready for the grind lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bar getting absolutely bored of grinding that many overwhelming surge (OS) weapons, not using OS on the defensive bar seems a pretty terrible idea.

You are losing Spell damage, thus healing for less, and on top of that, you will have even more trouble getting back on the offense. One of templars' biggest issues is giving you enough time to drop your defense / healing to start pressuring your opponent instead, and OS helps you with this, since you can be both on offense and defense.

EDIT: to add to it: you can use light armor Skoria (both shoulder and helmet) and instead craft a heavy chest and medium legs to get a bit more armor.

You may also consider using Fortified Brass weapons to drastically reduce the grind (since it's much easier to get armor pieces of a dropped set than its weapons / shield).
    Edited by Asmael on November 29, 2017 12:23PM
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like fairly meta magplar build these days, it's Overwhelming+either Brass or Riposte that people use these days.

Besides the abovementioned suggestion (heavy chest & medium legs/boots/shoulders/helm for maximum mitigation), have you considered slotting Defensive Stance and Shield Discipline on off bar & using Asylum S&B there instead of 2x Hist Bark?

Practically means infinite magicka when you're being focused.
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    thx for the sugestions

i think u guys are true... i craft fortified weaps and farm the missing pieces of overwhelming armours

asylum snb, i have to think about it

i rebuild the char now: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=34743

Asylzum sounds fun but as mentioned before i see the issue to get from defensive to offensive with a alredy aplied concussion is good
    Edited by Trashs1 on November 29, 2017 12:51PM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Second rule of overwhelming surge is be ready for the grind lol

There´re a few unique drops that makes the grind a little easier, but agreed.
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its a pretty solid build, I have run a similar one for ages just by inserting Storm Knights plate for fortified brass. If you are adamant about running light armor I would opt for wizards riposte over fortified brass tho.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    im just wondering, in comparation with lets say my mag sorc spell dmg and mana stats are really low
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I put this together last night to take advantage of my asylum weapon. GcLylS6.jpg
    I didn’t change my bars at all, just went from a Rattlecage staff and Lich breeches to the asylum staff. It also forced me to go from 5-1-1 light to 5-2 light/heavy.

Destro: Crushing Shock, Explosive Charge, Reflective Light, Purifying Light, Radiant Glory, and Dawnbreaker of Smiting.
    Sword and Shield: Elusive Mist, Extended Ritual, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Channeled Focus, and Empowering Sweep.

I still haven’t been sold on the usefulness of fortified brass. You will likely have good survivability but im not so sure about the damage. Also it doesn’t appear you set your CP so your stats will also be higher as a result when you do that.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    well in my case: the question is fortified brass vs wizzards riposte vs transmutation

im not sold on healthy jewels from rattlecage neither :) i think its horror to farm the arcane rattlecage jewels....
    Edited by Trashs1 on November 29, 2017 2:27PM
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only one is healthy, just have to farm that first boss a little more.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Only one is healthy, just have to farm that first boss a little more.

but if u want pink ones u need a grp for this and its hard to find some ppl for such a thing. also i would use a nirn asylum fire staff
    Edited by Trashs1 on November 29, 2017 2:34PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also front bar a 2h with this setup. And if you are going to use snb, have OS sword+brass shield (or whatever OS item you get, craft the other in brass).

That will backbar OS and give you 5pc brass on all bars.
    Though for a brass build your physical resists are lower than my build (not that this is wrong, but you will probably add more physical percentage based mitigation to handle bleeds and any incoming dmg. ).

Also you are missing an aedric spear ability on your backbar for the 15% blocking mitigation against melee attacks. Without it, you might as well run resto staff on that bar. Swap the Templar restoring aura for any AS ability (the shards should be a good fit, especially since OS is a DOT and assuming you are going for more of a dot build/boost).

I'll give a separate comment on CP.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    ahh yes spear is important thx!
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On magplar I can’t see any reason to run brass instead of Impreg+2 sturdy pieces.

Since your defense is holding block and smashing BoL and since Impreg offers ~9% extra mitigation against targets with 50% crit chance compared to brass. That means you can drop 2 pieces of impen and add 2 pieces of sturdy and still have the same amount of mitigation with a lower block cost.

Also, surge on both bars is a must.

I’d just run trans back bar with surge body since it offers some mitigation and some sustain. You’ll be able to add more damage into your build with trans since it’s covering your sustain you’ll be able to drop a regen glyph AND you can DW willpower swords front bar for even more oomph.(or run a destro) You’ll still have comparable mitigation to the brass setup as well
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 29, 2017 3:45PM
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, Lexy has the right change covered. Trans is classic Templar, because of the crit resists letting you deslot expensive shields that normally take away resorces from casting your expensive class abilities. And with our channels/cast times, you almost want to throw as much defense passively as possible. Nothing worse trying to cast a defensive when you should have been on offense.

In some cases, running atro mundas with tri food is almost better than trying to tack on jewels enchants. A Templar in LA can almost exclusively roll DMG enchants versus other classes.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    i tested now my lizzard in a not optimiced setup

5 surge 5 wizz riposte back bar snb (i had all parts and trans shield costs about 70k on stores) 2 skoria and 2 shacklebreaker golden swords (because i had them... 1 nirn 1 precise set boni is weap dmg -.-)

also my dw skilline isnt lvled so i miss the 5% dmg from swords

also my la skill line isnt lvled i miss the penetration

no undouned mettle either

with this setup and my 575 cp i went to the bgs and it didnt work too bad... Oo

i actually was able to secure some kills and got vaible as a potent healer / dispeller for my team. when i got focused i managed to stay alive relativly well because of mistform and the focus rune and a potent honour the dead

it feels a way less clunky than my stamwarden although the playstyle is kinda similar

surprisingly i think, when i put all correct equipment in the right traits on and lvl all the skillines, i might feel more confident with my underpowered mageplar than with my so called op stamwarden (in perfect equip)

how can this be?!

/e some questions are still open: @Lexxypwns @Minno

should i use the focus rune with mana reg or the other one? im sitting currently on 1800 mag reg with 1 cost red enchant

should i use HOD or BOL?

how important is the skill who gives empower? i dont have space for it on my bars atm and i need my mist form (thats clear!)

should i use the singletarget or multitarget dot morph? actually in real scenarios im using the multitarget one because i have almost never only 1 enemy to face

whats better downbreaker (stun morph) or soulassoult?

i did on my usep build the cp setup, is it right that the exploiter passive isynergies well with surge?

to make it easyer here the build link again: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=34743

many thx
    Edited by Trashs1 on November 30, 2017 9:40AM
    Options
  • Six0
    Six0
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    but if u want pink ones u need a grp for this
    You don't, it was stupidly tedious but all you have to do is farm the first mini-boss, which is the ghost before the bridge, biggest challenge is not dying to his soul assault. I used a vMA stamsorc with duel wield ult for a long dot/hot and by putting down every aoe and dot I could fit on to my bars so I was still doing damage while I was holding block because that beam hit like truck for what feels like a good 20-30 seconds, if done right your health bar will look like a yo-yo.
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Six0 wrote: »
    You don't, it was stupidly tedious but all you have to do is farm the first mini-boss, which is the ghost before the bridge, biggest challenge is not dying to his soul assault. I used a vMA stamsorc with duel wield ult for a long dot/hot and by putting down every aoe and dot I could fit on to my bars so I was still doing damage while I was holding block because that beam hit like truck for what feels like a good 20-30 seconds, if done right your health bar will look like a yo-yo.

well maybe my vma mag sorc can do this also... 38k shields 4tw
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Just stop attacking when he does the blue beam, it returns all your damage so if you’re not putting out damage you’ll liveeasy
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭

5 surge 5 wizz riposte back bar snb (i had all parts and trans shield costs about 70k on stores) 2 skoria and 2 shacklebreaker golden swords (because i had them... 1 nirn 1 precise set boni is weap dmg -.-)

i actually was able to secure some kills and got vaible as a potent healer / dispeller for my team. when i got focused i managed to stay alive relativly well because of mistform and the focus rune and a potent honour the dead

it feels a way less clunky than my stamwarden although the playstyle is kinda similar

surprisingly i think, when i put all correct equipment in the right traits on and lvl all the skillines, i might feel more confident with my underpowered mageplar than with my so called op stamwarden (in perfect equip)

how can this be?!

should i use the focus rune with mana reg or the other one? im sitting currently on 1800 mag reg with 1 cost red enchant

should i use HOD or BOL?

how important is the skill who gives empower? i dont have space for it on my bars atm and i need my mist form (thats clear!)

should i use the singletarget or multitarget dot morph? actually in real scenarios im using the multitarget one because i have almost never only 1 enemy to face

i did on my usep build the cp setup, is it right that the exploiter passive isynergies well with surge?

to make it easyer here the build link again: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=34743

many thx

@Lexxypwns would u mind comment that also <3?
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

how can this be?!

should i use HOD or BOL?

many thx

If you have 1800 recovery you could use Restoring rune. But keep in mind, the minor protection only gives around 2-3% extra total mitigation. It's also important to use minor protection against attacks that have a hard time being mitigated (like bleeds). You should pick restoring rune for the 8% healing received which let's you only put 2% into quick recovery to receive the same healing bonus as heavy armor. Otherwise pick what you feel comfortable with.

I picked HtD. Even though the mag return is weak, any help is appreciated. But if you want to be more of a healer support in BGs, take BoL. The secondary heal isn't limited to the frontal cone like the first heal is so it's more spamable.

Empower is terrible for templars. If you are using any dots, it will be used up on the first tick. Like jabs, only the first hit will have the extra DMG. This makes us furious Everytime zos tries to slam empower down our throats lol.

Vamps bane/reflective light are actually similar to each other. Only difference is, VB has more duration and RL has a little more initial DMG. Pick VB if you need your major prophecy buff to last longer and pick RL if you want to use it light attack weave on a staff bar or snare multiple enemies. Otherwise it's really just there to proc skoria/BSW if you want to use that set.

Dawnbreaker is superior for melee magplars but soul assualt has merits for ranged templars. Dawnbreaker matches the scaling of templars abilities better since a majority of our spells have both dot and direct DMG portions. This means if you have both master of arms and thamaturge, you should pick Dawnbreaker over SA.

I'll have to look at your CP. I'm not sure on how reliable surge procs off balance. But I build for more initial DMG in PvP, since I can't be bothered to wait for extra DMG anymore since LA Templars don't have the resists that HA templars have.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭

how can this be?!

should i use HOD or BOL?

many thx

If you have 1800 recovery you could use Restoring rune. But keep in mind, the minor protection only gives around 2-3% extra total mitigation. It's also important to use minor protection against attacks that have a hard time being mitigated (like bleeds). You should pick restoring rune for the 8% healing received which let's you only put 2% into quick recovery to receive the same healing bonus as heavy armor. Otherwise pick what you feel comfortable with.

I picked HtD. Even though the mag return is weak, any help is appreciated. But if you want to be more of a healer support in BGs, take BoL. The secondary heal isn't limited to the frontal cone like the first heal is so it's more spamable.

Empower is terrible for templars. If you are using any dots, it will be used up on the first tick. Like jabs, only the first hit will have the extra DMG. This makes us furious Everytime zos tries to slam empower down our throats lol.

Vamps bane/reflective light are actually similar to each other. Only difference is, VB has more duration and RL has a little more initial DMG. Pick VB if you need your major prophecy buff to last longer and pick RL if you want to use it light attack weave on a staff bar or snare multiple enemies. Otherwise it's really just there to proc skoria/BSW if you want to use that set.

Dawnbreaker is superior for melee magplars but soul assualt has merits for ranged templars. Dawnbreaker matches the scaling of templars abilities better since a majority of our spells have both dot and direct DMG portions. This means if you have both master of arms and thamaturge, you should pick Dawnbreaker over SA.

I'll have to look at your CP. I'm not sure on how reliable surge procs off balance. But I build for more initial DMG in PvP, since I can't be bothered to wait for extra DMG anymore since LA Templars don't have the resists that HA templars have.

i canot say how much thx for this post!
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

how can this be?!

should i use HOD or BOL?

many thx

i canot say how much thx for this post!

Glad to help!

For CP, you could take out blessed+quick recovery depending on the following:
    - if you pick restoring rune over channeled focus, you can reduce quick recovery down to 2%. Then place this points into Ironclad/crit resists depending if you still need to hit 60% crit resist or not.
    - with restoring focus, you don't need to designate points in blessed. It's probably better to fill into elfborn if you think your CP DMG stars are adequate. Otherwise add more to ele expert/spell erosion to boost your dps since you already maxed out thamaturge at 20%. But then again, since you are healing other players as well, you could keep those points there. Up to you!

Otherwise I think you have a fairly balanced setup. For the green tree, you could remove sprinter to add more to break free reduction since you are using mist form to reposition. Sprinter is useless unless you have extra speed bonuses to offset since the low Stam drain of sprint ruins the philosophy of having a percentage based reduction. If you have a 1pc medium armor for undaunted bonus, you can give yourself 6% into dodge roll reduction to get 10% reduction total and then split the rest into break free/block reduction since you might use those more than dodge roll. But once again up to you.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Just stop attacking when he does the blue beam, it returns all your damage so if you’re not putting out damage you’ll liveeasy

So much more fun to attack through it and see if you can survive. But he is a very easy boss to farm. You can stealth past the 2 packs before him with just 5 medium. Just make sure you have an ult for the pack that is with the boss
    Edited by cschwingeb14_ESO on November 30, 2017 6:37PM
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how magplars run 10K stamina with 600 regen.

People do it and if they can, that's great. If I'm fighting challenging opponents, I find it an issue.

Other than that, I saw the build with transmutation + overhwleming + Valkyn and that's three good sets, so the build is potentially an effective one. It's just that sorcs and NBs can get away easier with 10K stam because they have abilities that can defend themselves independent of block
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how magplars run 10K stamina with 600 regen.

People do it and if they can, that's great. If I'm fighting challenging opponents, I find it an issue.

Other than that, I saw the build with transmutation + overhwleming + Valkyn and that's three good sets, so the build is potentially an effective one. It's just that sorcs and NBs can get away easier with 10K stam because they have abilities that can defend themselves independent of block

He can go around this with mist form. But that means not blocking with snb. Either way you are right, you needs tri food with atro mundas instead of witch mother's for your sustain.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

^This lol
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO