Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Windows 10 destruction

Veg
Veg
✭✭✭✭✭
Problem 1: Windows 10 will freeze while running eso. This means that I will have to force shut down my pc.

Methods able to reproduce:

1. Start the game. Warp to a cyrodil campaign then warp to another cyrodil campaign. Windows 10 will freeze in the last loading screen.

2. Start the game. Do nothing. Within 30 minutes windows 10 will freeze.

Possible solutions that had no effect on reproduce-able methods:

1. Run launcher as admin
2. Run eso64.exe as admin
3. Disable all addons
4. Remove all addons from pc
5. Run game in compatibility mode
6. Block eso in firewall and then unblock
7. Update drivers
8. Delete all eso files and re-instal

Problem 2: ESO will crash. Windows 10 does not crash.

1. Start the game. Once logged onto a character exit(quit from esc menu) the game. ESO will crash.

Same possible solutions for problem 1 had no effect.

Any advice?
ABqOOFE.png
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spent the weekend running the game on my Win10 Laptop and no issues that you mention.

Which leads me to think Background Apps are interfering. Go to the Task Manager and on the start up tab, uncheck everything (you can still launch these things manually). You may want/need to do the same thing to all NON Microsoft Services. but try the apps first. AV might be the only thing you keep running, but for testing try it with out that. I say that as I have no AV running on my laptop (I just never open an email attachment and that keeps my machine safe)

For sure, try disabling Nvidia Experience if you have that running.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Veg wrote: »
    Problem 2: ESO will crash. Windows 10 does not crash.

1. Start the game. Once logged onto a character exit(quit from esc menu) the game. ESO will crash.

I get that one pretty frequently (on windows 8). I've never bothered trying to troubleshoot it, since it's crashing while I'm closing it so I don't really care--but I don't think that one is a 10 specific issue.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windows screwed up so much with the "Creators Fall" update.....
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Update*

Possible solutions that had no effect on reproduce-able methods:

1. Disable all start-up applications
    2. Disable nvidia experience

Possibly useful information:

Last 3 windows updates:
    - NVIDIA - Display - 10/27/2017 12:00:00 AM - 23.21.13.8813 Installed on 2017/11/17

- Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) Installed on
    2017/11/16

- 2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4049065) Installed on
    2017/11/14
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When my game was freezing, I was told to delete the 'ShaderCache.cooked' file. That worked for me. I now delete this file about once a week.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *update*

I used windows 10 reset since I have everything backed up. eso worked fine. After windows installed it's updates however and intels "turbo boost 3.0" installed it went back to freezing.

So I tried disabling Turbo boost 3.0 in my bios and things changed. I can no longer cause windows 10 to freeze as before but eso will randomly black screen. I can still move around and attack things and the audio is fine. If i alt tab out and back in then eso will crash.

And here I wanted to blame it all on Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool KB890830 since that was the update applied with intels turbo boost 3.0.

I think i'll give up for now as no other program is giving me any problems.
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ