Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet Falkreath

thepiratehunter
Hey everyone! I wanted to get some tips on the last boss. My group consistently gets the boss down to 10 percent but then wipe because there are too many adds. What should the tank be doing because maybe we are just missing something vital? Thanks for the help!
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to say exactly what to do because there is currently some debate as to whether there is a mechanic to dispel the boss shield or not.

But in general, if you have around 60k ST group dps, then you should be able to just burn the boss through his shield. Do not try to focus kill all the adds as they will spawn way too fast for most groups to make it worth the effort. The tank however can stack the adds on the boss when the center clears of mechanics, so the group can potentially cleave down a few adds while focusing the boss.

At this point in the fight Domihaus starts shouting on a timer, so if you played perfectly up to this point, I think that gives you a bit less than 2 minutes to kill him before a guaranteed wipe.

Deaths here hurt badly, so if you find yourself in a situation where you will die if you don't break off dpsing... go ahead and break off dps and heal/shield yourself, get off a few ranged heavies for resources, etc. In fact, I'd just go ahead and adopt this approach in all content.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stack behind the one pillar at a time going anti clockwise, if you cant make it to the correct pillar in time and your group dps is low, just die rather than use another pillar, if you have solid dps that sort of mistake is fine, even on hardmode.
    I like to have the tank stand at the pillar we are going to use, and chain all adds to pillar, drop ultis on adds. This way if he screams and you arent expecting it (common in last 20%), at least you are just near the correct pillar.
    For tanks, Absorb Magic works really well for survivability.
    If tank loses taunt, the heavy attack from the boss can be roll dodged.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At that point, it's a lot about group positioning. The tank MUST keep taunt on the boss. The tank can also manage adds too, but there are usually too many to keep taunt on all of them. This is fine- even if the adds are focusing a DPS, if the healer is spamming healing springs, you will outheal all of the damage from the adds. If the DPS are dying from adds, it's a healing problem. The group needs to stay close together and just outheal the damage. When there are more than 4 adds up, DPS can just focus the boss and let AOEs and ultimates deal with the adds. They really are just a distraction.