The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update Error

AngryHoser
I've been gone from the game for about two weeks. I just tried to log in and get a message saying "Loading Profile Failed. Patch required. Please donwload ....." It immediately takes me to the next screen. " Update the application to use Network features (NP-31740-5) message with two dialog boxes for "Update Now" and "Update Later". I choose "Update Now", it takes me back to the main PS4 screen, starts up Morrowind and returns to the update message with the two dialog boxes .... rinse and repeat. I've checked to make sure the PS4 has all patches loaded, etc.

Have rebooted and tried everything I can think of.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    "Loading profile failed" is an error message that indicates an issue with either your PlayStation Plus account or the PlayStation Network itself. We encourage you to contact Sony for further assistance: https://support.us.playstation.com/.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • danreneaub14a_ESO
    danreneaub14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem. System is fully updated. I confirmed that PS+ account and PS Network are both fully functional. Also tried deleting saved data in system storage but no improvement.
    All other games I have communicate great online and update automatically. This is not a Sony problem. No updates for ESO ever seen in Notifications. Haven’t been able to play ESO since September! When will there be a fix?!
  • danreneaub14a_ESO
    danreneaub14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Is this because a Morrowind load screen is somehow being pulled up by my ESO icon when I haven’t actually purchased the Morrowind add-on (I’m only playing Tamriel Unlimited)?
  • danreneaub14a_ESO
    danreneaub14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    There is NO help for this at PlayStation.com
  • danreneaub14a_ESO
    danreneaub14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Is anybody working on this?!
  • danreneaub14a_ESO
    danreneaub14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    For any poor soul who still has this problem:
    It occurs due to the new Morrowind ad forced into the load sequence, which apparently can’t complete if your ESO is not to the most recent update. I found that unlike every other game on my PS4, ESO was NOT automatically updating. While on the ESO icon, hit the Options button and then “Information”, where it should say Version 1.29. If not, go Back one page and hit “Check for Update”. ESO currently requires an outrageous 94.38 GB of system storage so like me, you may need to delete less important games, screen shots and videos to actually download the update. Once updated, I was able to get beyond the Morrowind ad, carefully decline the almost forced expansion and get on with my gameplay. Because of the incredible new file size, ESO will have to be deleted before I install another game (and the holiday gift season is coming soon).
  • ARRILA
    ARRILA
    Soul Shriven
    I got this problem on 2 occasions after a new patch was released and I didn't have enough space on my PS4 to download the patch. Problem was solved by making some space on the hard drive allowing the update to download and install.