Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guide on How to Optimally Farm Transmutation Crystal [In Progress]

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CiliPadi wrote: »
    So there's no way to get these crystals solo?

Of course. Do 4 man group dungeons in activity finder, most of these players "solo" anyway! LOL
  • Omnipresent
    Omnipresent
    ✭✭
    ya you sure get alot of em in cyro, im honestly running out of stuff to transmute lol the geodes are stacking my inventory too
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My husband and I work long hours and do ESO as our family time, we don't like to bother People with our random play times... So is there any PvE that 2 People can do to get the crystals?

And from what I've read you can get then from AP farming in PvP as well yes? Like the end of campaign? The mail system reward?

Another problem is it takes 50 Crystals per item... So like that's 9 - 12 months of farming If you need to change all your weapons and armor...

9-12 months? And why would you need to change ALL of your weapons and armor? I mean, you can still farm gear the usual way. I've only transmuted really expensive or hard to get stuff. Like a Maelstrom bow, a Mighty Chudan head, a heavy Troll King shoulder (daaaaaamn those are rare drops!) and two Silks of the Sun swords. It's far easier and quicker to get most other stuff the normal way. I get like 50 crystals in 1-3 days, if I have time to actually play. Having 2 decent PVE toons, and 3 PVP ones. It all adds up.
  • Omnipresent
    Omnipresent
    ✭✭
    they should make it so it doesnt bind the item to your account when transmuted... i could be making a killing on the market lol
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    best solution is pvp,load toon,go cyro,siege a keep,repair walls,machines,doors etc,get 1 rewards for the worthy.open it get the crystals (usually 4) log out.
    repeat with any toon can go pvp as many times you want.
    remember: 1 rewards for the worthy award for every toon-open them as soon u got them (dont try open many with a toon cause only the first (not always) has a crystal)

good luck
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't even need to log out. Simply continue until you get a lot of RFTW mails and then open on separate characters when you're done PvP-ing. Each should get a geode. I think the cooldown per char is 20-24 hours. I've opened about 20 at one time over a week on 4 chars and got a geode every time for over 100 crystals in total.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify this, since this guide and the comments are dated. As of Dragon Bones patch the guaranteed geode has a cool-down of 20 hours per account, instead of per character as it was when this guide was written. However you do receive geodes quite regularly from RFTW mails, and from my experience I'd say about ~10% of them contain such a geode.

The strategy I've devised in the last few months is to play multiple characters (I have 5) in 30 days campaigns for 100K+ AP each (tier 3 rewards); 25K (tier 1) suffices for the geode, but I also want the tier 3 rewards that consist on a bit of gold and some purple jewelry from the PvP sets that can be sold or deconstructed as of Summerset patch. Also 30 days campaigns tend to have long queues and I don't find it very appealing to wait for 20 minutes in queue and then leave the campaign after just 20 minutes, when I hit that 25K AP ceiling. Once the end of campaign mail comes I log in that character, receive the mail, read it but not take the attachments. I then log one of my inactive "bank" character, take the geode and other content and store it there. This way, the geode, which is character bound, doesn't end up clogging up my active character's inventory and can be stored for long periods and used up only when needed. This geode contains 50 crystals, which is the maximum, so it's also pretty efficient.

For the vast majority of re-traits I use the crystals in the account "bag", that are nevertheless replenished regularly from current activities - I do PvP regularly, both BGs and Cyrodiil and as I've said they drop regularly from RFTW mails and also Pelinal's boxes contained some - so I haven't needed to touch the stored geodes for the trait changes I needed. In fact during Midyear Mayhem I really struggled to find items to re-trait, so I didn't end up wasting crystals, or having my inventory clogged with small, 4-5 crystal geodes. Daily undaunted pledges also give geodes that contain 2-3 crystals per pledge, and so do vMA and vDSA. Weekly trial completions give a geode with 5, and so do leaderboard rewards. But I'd say that PvP is overall still the most reliable way to get them in large numbers.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Just to clarify this, since this guide and the comments are dated. As of Dragon Bones patch the guaranteed geode has a cool-down of 20 hours per account, instead of per character as it was when this guide was written. However you do receive geodes quite regularly from RFTW mails, and from my experience I'd say about ~10% of them contain such a geode.

The strategy I've devised in the last few months is to play multiple characters (I have 5) in 30 days campaigns for 100K+ AP each (tier 3 rewards); 25K (tier 1) suffices for the geode, but I also want the tier 3 rewards that consist on a bit of gold and some purple jewelry from the PvP sets that can be sold or deconstructed as of Summerset patch. Also 30 days campaigns tend to have long queues and I don't find it very appealing to wait for 20 minutes in queue and then leave the campaign after just 20 minutes, when I hit that 25K AP ceiling. Once the end of campaign mail comes I log in that character, receive the mail, read it but not take the attachments. I then log one of my inactive "bank" character, take the geode and other content and store it there. This way, the geode, which is character bound, doesn't end up clogging up my active character's inventory and can be stored for long periods and used up only when needed. This geode contains 50 crystals, which is the maximum, so it's also pretty efficient.

For the vast majority of re-traits I use the crystals in the account "bag", that are nevertheless replenished regularly from current activities - I do PvP regularly, both BGs and Cyrodiil and as I've said they drop regularly from RFTW mails and also Pelinal's boxes contained some - so I haven't needed to touch the stored geodes for the trait changes I needed. In fact during Midyear Mayhem I really struggled to find items to re-trait, so I didn't end up wasting crystals, or having my inventory clogged with small, 4-5 crystal geodes. Daily undaunted pledges also give geodes that contain 2-3 crystals per pledge, and so do vMA and vDSA. Weekly trial completions give a geode with 5, and so do leaderboard rewards. But I'd say that PvP is overall still the most reliable way to get them in large numbers.

very nice info. Just what I was looking for because I have like 6 rare drops that I need to transmute asap and I cannot get crystals in time :( I usually never pvp but I see now there no compareable pve way. so PVP it is then...:(
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people complain about PvP when the game was developed more toward the PvP crowd than it was the PvE one. It's like going to McDonald's and ordering a cheeseburger, then complaining that there is cheese on it.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only farm crystals from PVP - 25k AP is nothing and is worth 50 crystals from a 30 day campaign. Do this on several toons and add the drops from the Rewards for the Worthy mails, you get more than enough.

I took a character into Vivec on Saturday after running dungeons and took 40 minutes to get 25k without joining a group, just running to where the fighting was and joining the battle.

Come the end of Vivec I will be getting over 700 crystals worth of geodes from my 14 toons, without including what comes in the Rewards mails I get while earning the AP.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, so to get 50 geoda you don't need Tier 3? Tier 1 is enough?
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One problem is that I’m absolutely sure ZOS nerfed the purple geodes around the time Summerset was released. I believe this was the time they changed it so that you would get a minimum of 2 crystals. The problem is that now that’s all we get, is 2 crystals 95% of the time, and I’m not sure the odds are that good. It’s almost like they said “OK fine, complain about only getting one crystal, how’s this for ya?”
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    best solution is pvp,load toon,go cyro,siege a keep,repair walls,machines,doors etc,get 1 rewards for the worthy.open it get the crystals (usually 4) log out.
    remember: 1 rewards for the worthy award for every toon-open them as soon u got them (dont try open many with a toon cause only the first (not always) has a crystal)

good luck

I still dont understand the math behind it, i have many earlier received rewards of the worthy boxes still in my mail (i usealy open one each day and PvP mostly with only one of my characters) but if i open a few boxes because my mailbox is full (mostly 5 or so) on one of my other characters i get a transmutation crystal aswell.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »

good luck

I still dont understand the math behind it, i have many earlier received rewards of the worthy boxes still in my mail (i usealy open one each day and PvP mostly with only one of my characters) but if i open a few boxes because my mailbox is full (mostly 5 or so) on one of my other characters i get a transmutation crystal aswell.

That comment is almost 1 year old and the information is no longer current, as I have said. As of Dragon Bones patch (February 2018) only one RFTW mail per account per day (actually 20 hour cool-down) will grant a guaranteed geode. Between Clockwork City and that patch the cooldown was per character so you could open one per day per character and get a geode, so that comment refers to that specific condition.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ok ty.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently playing pvp every few days or whenever I have time to farm at least 25k ap on 1 char. Since 1 session of 25k gives several "Rewards For The Worthy" emails they stack up and I open 1 (and 1 only!) of those emails every day, even on days when I'm not playing any pvp. This method gives me 1 guaranteed geode every day without wasting RFTW mails.

When I'm running out of RFTW emails I just start a new 25K ap farming session on a new char.

I believe this is the fasted or most efficient way currently and by doing this I'm basically following the advice of @disintegr8
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get the most of the game by doing randoms. Random battlegrounds, Dungeons, weekly Trial Coffers.

You accumulate many RFTW from battlegrounds as well. Maelstrom. And getting 25k AP for each toon through alliance war rewards.

Oh, and do it on multiple characters.