The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Quests Which Start You Off For Crafting?

Dainank
Dainank
I was just wondering if you could do every type (e.g. Warrior and Mage one) and still get both crafting disciplines?

Sorry if this is an obvious question!
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get the six crafting discipline skill lines just by doing those activities (deconstructing, making, etc).

When one of these lines levels a bit, then you can pick up the quests your referencing at your starter city’s mage (consumables) or fighters (equipment) guild halls. Once you complete these quests, then you can do daily crafting writs for that line...which offer some decent rewards.

So yes, all six lines have starter quests to open writs. I wasn’t sure if that’s exactly what you’re asking...if not, reply using @davey1107 in the post so I get a notification...I’d be happy to elaborate if I didn’t answer the question.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re referring to the crafting certifications - no, each cert quest is specific to each discipline.

However, you can waive turning in crafted gear/consumables needed by the quest ... if your crafting skill level is high enough.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 6 crafting disciplines: Blacksmithing, Clothing, Woodworking, Alchemy, Enchanting, and Provisioning. The six certification quests at the two quest-givers (one in the fighter's hall the other in the mages hall) can all be completed, however they can only be taken one at a time from each quest-giver. Once you complete one of the certifications (whether by doing all the steps or already having sufficient crafting experience) you can start one of the other craft's certification quests.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you can do all the crafts on one character.

Just starting out/newish character might not be too easy though; it takes a lot of points to get all the skills and passives for all the crafts. Just starting out characters might want to use the skill points for other things at first.
  • Dainank
    Dainank
    Okay. I was just scared that there was a limit on the amount u can train per character, thus wanted to make sure which ones I trained.