Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the precursor worth it? NO

• doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    Every DLC/chapter with a new area since Wrothgar has something you have to collect or have a do list for, and that was it for this DLC.

I love the collect type quests. Ancestral tombs in morrowind, litany of blood in dark brotherhood etc, remind me of Bethesdas single player games where you could always get something special for doing a quest that requires a lot of effort.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doslekis wrote: »
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    Every DLC/chapter with a new area since Wrothgar has something you have to collect or have a do list for, and that was it for this DLC.

I love the collect type quests. Ancestral tombs in morrowind, litany of blood in dark brotherhood etc, remind me of Bethesdas single player games where you could always get something special for doing a quest that requires a lot of effort.

I kinda enjoy the long efforts of lorebook hunting and sight seeing too.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    I find it useful.

It's pretty nice to practice combos on, and is better for testing single hits on than the other dummy, given that you can rest it in 10 seconds or so.

Also good for Ulti-gen
    This, for consoles there you don't have combat metrics it would be nice to do quick dps checks with parses or gear changes without having to burn down an 3M skeleton.
    Most players don't do 40K dps, if you did not know do some random dungeons :)

its also an very cool decoration. I use mine as an door guard rather than an dummy.
    The only issue with it is the 9K resistance who is an error source.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the quest, I enjoy the dummy, I enjoy ZOS including quest rewards more interesting than ornate set pieces.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free ....
    Totally worth it for me. I did it once. Not sure if I'll bother doing it a second time on another character, but definitely worth it once.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    Raideen wrote: »
    I agree with the OP. A "TEST DUMMY" should stay alive long enough to run at least 25 parces of a full rotation to get an accurate idea of one DPS, I mean that is the whole point in a test dummy right?

With the exception of testing executes, I don't understand why the dummies have a health at all.

Certain abilities have certain requirements and they get boosted from it.

Yes, that is why I prefaced "With the exception of testing executes, I don't understand why the dummies have a health at all."
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. A "TEST DUMMY" should stay alive long enough to run at least 25 parces of a full rotation to get an accurate idea of one DPS, I mean that is the whole point in a test dummy right?

With the exception of testing executes, I don't understand why the dummies have a health at all.

Yes, that is why I prefaced "With the exception of testing executes, I don't understand why the dummies have a health at all."

Certain abilities have certain prerequests for having their health at a certain range.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Certain abilities have certain prerequests for having their health at a certain range.

Activated equipable skills of a certain category have a certain type of prerequisite for having their life force which is represented as a red bar at a certain level of vitality and this prerequisite allows for an increase in potential of the activated equipable skill in question.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Activated equipable skills of a certain category have a certain type of prerequisite for having their life force which is represented as a red bar at a certain level of vitality and this prerequisite allows for an increase in potential of the activated equipable skill in question.

Example of such ability includes Radiant destruction and its morphs.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is why I prefaced "With the exception of testing executes, I don't understand why the dummies have a health at all."

• Marsianx
    Marsianx
    Does the dummy ignore potions? I’m not getting any increase with my weapon damage pots. I’m not sure if it’s a bug.
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

Given the age of the thread and that some information may be out of date, we have closed this thread. If you would like to continue the discussion, please create a new thread.

Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.