The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Please give us some lore-appropriate winter holiday decorations!

bellatrixed
bellatrixed
✭✭✭✭✭
I know, a lot of people rage about the idea of there being Christmas decorations in Tamriel, but that's not what I'm asking for. I'm asking for lore-appropriate winter decorations such as wreaths, boughs, and lighted trees, such as the ones seen in this image.

54324ee17eab108392e6c87a9e21713a.jpg

Since Tamriel takes considerable real-world influences from pagan cultures, seasonal pagan-influenced decorations would fit perfectly in the world, especially considering the New Life Festival is a thing.

And of course we can put apples and stuff on existing trees, but it's not the same. Still, see how cute and lore appropriate it looks? Now imagine if there were some boughs and wreaths to go along with it! Come on ZOS!

pcxtSlf.jpg
ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes please!! If they add the decorations during the New Life fest (if they're in reward boxes) I hope there's a better balance of rewards so we don't get too many of the same thing
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sunny and mid 70s (mid 20s C) here, can we have palm trees as well please!
    w00t.gif
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SirAndy Pretty sure there are already palm trees in one of the Housing vendors.

I put a list of lore apropriate furnishings I'd like to see here, personally I have no desire for Christmas tree equivalents for a Tamriel New Year celebration (or at all. Bah, humbug! :p). That said, there are conical trees in Skywatch and Ebonheart (Skywatch's have a spiral shape) and plenty of smallish items you could suspend in them by way of ornaments - candles, glowing crystals, seashells, not sure about the relative size of the human skulls...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personally I have no desire for Christmas tree equivalents for a Tamriel New Year celebration (or at all. Bah, humbug! :p)

But it's perfect lore wise! New LIFE festival in the middle of winter = pretty festive plant decorations with lights and bows lol!

I also wouldn't like to see really outlandish stuff like snowmen and santa hats and rainbow colored twinkle lights, but the ones like in the official art posted in the OP I'd *love*.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please!
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll just be happy if Santa brings my Khajiit a nice new pair of Argonian boots.
  • Dr_Z
    Dr_Z
    ✭✭✭
    Let Your Imagination take hold of You and create works of art with the items bestowed unto Us.

Happy Holidays!

From @Dr_Z (NA Server)
    BcRNREi.png
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen people use lettuce for wreaths. More decorations can never hurt, but you gotta work with what you got.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Dr_Z
    Dr_Z
    ✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    I've seen people use lettuce for wreaths.....

Or, you can use Hedges...
    GSaEKwO.png

• SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or seaweed! That might also work.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA