The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mundus stones are seriously overpriced, and should not be crown store exclusives in the first place

Zarrakon
Zarrakon
✭✭✭
Mundus stone furnishings are a great addition to housing functionality-wise. But 4k crowns each? *** that.

There was a lot of talk before Homestead launching about how houses lacked functionality, but this would be added in later. These mundus stones are the only functionality that's been added to housing since launch, and guess what? Crown store exclusives (as far as I can tell), and very expensive ones at that.

If these were obtainable for writ vouchers (250 each?), dropped (maybe not guaranteed) from Craglorn HM trials, I'd be completely okay with this. But right now, it feels like I'm being tricked into housing with the allure of to-be-added functionality, only to find out that I need to pay an arm and a leg to actually get this functionality.

Obviously, this is a direction ZOS could take this game. I don't think this is a good direction.
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't feel like they should sell anything for crowns at all. Feels like a "business move". They should give us the option to obtain all the things in the crown store without having to fork over my hard earned money. I mean, I already paid for the game, heck I even sub, so why should I pay even more to have stuff that isn't even pay-to-win? I mean it's not like having the mundus stones in my home would make a big difference, just a minor convenience so I don't have to waste an additional 30 seconds running to the one out on the map. Down with the trickery! Down with the Crown Store!
    We Wipe On Trash
    Vivian Naiviv CP Altmer Sorcerer
    Shivnado the Potato CP Redguard Sorcerer
    Cüddle Mönster CP Argonian Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact Spy CP Dunmer Dragonknight
    Delilah Blackheart CP Redguard Dragonknight
    My Best Friend CP Argonian Dragonknight
    Sensual Heals CP Dunmer Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant Spy CP Redguard Templar
    Föcùs-Thê-Hælèr CP Argonian Templar
    Goes-the-Wrong-Way CP Dunmer Nightblade
    Anu'Thir Phuh'Kinspy CP Redguard Nightblade
    Works-in-Sweatshop CP Argonian Nightblade
    Anu'thir Phuh'kin Bearpun CP Altmer Warden
    Bubble Crumbles CP Redguard Warden
    A'driån Kin'hör CP Argonian Warden
    Clearly, your egg was left in the shade too long.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WOooooow there go my plans to recreate Stonehenge :disappointed:
  • Zarrakon
    Zarrakon
    ✭✭✭
    Some_Guy wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't feel like they should sell anything for crowns at all. Feels like a "business move". They should give us the option to obtain all the things in the crown store without having to fork over my hard earned money. I mean, I already paid for the game, heck I even sub, so why should I pay even more to have stuff that isn't even pay-to-win? I mean it's not like having the mundus stones in my home would make a big difference, just a minor convenience so I don't have to waste an additional 30 seconds running to the one out on the map. Down with the trickery! Down with the Crown Store!

Homestead and housing are very large parts of the game, and these mundus stone furnishings are a big part of housing's functionality. 'Winning' in housing is having a nice-looking home with functionality.

If ZOS is upfront about the fact that they look at housing as purely cosmetic, and that they are going to charge a ton of real-life money for added functionality, I'd be fine with that. Then I wouldn't be thinking of it as a 'real' part of the game, and I probably wouldn't bother with it at all.
    Edited by Zarrakon on May 24, 2017 4:46AM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Quite disappointed these are crown store exclusives.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For that price they can keep them.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    While i have no problem paying for this item. I also agree 4k is WAY to much. GRANTED, I UNDERSTAND this is a FOR PROFIT business, and I like that they feel this is where they will make money rather then selling Gears or items to unlock gears (making it a P2W game). So im not raging against them for making a little money.

Now how much would be fair? Well if your an ESO+ member you get the 1500c per month I think that's a good starting point. With all the online maps of where to find said stones its not like its a hidden hard to get treasure. So, seeing how i get this allowance already i have no problem spending it on a stone. If I'm honest what is the max I'd pay... I'd say 2k.

Now what if they bundled all 13 stones? right now its going to cost 52k to get all 13. (eff that in the %*& with out lube... seriously). It be 19.5k crowns to 26k with my proposed prices. That still a little high IMO but, do able. However, i would totally get them if they were bundled for 12 - 15k that would be about the value point to get me to buy.

I understand there is some over head even with digital product, and like any good company profit is the purpose of having a business. Im pretty sure that's one of the Rules of Acquisition. However to be a good consumer i need to know what im will spend, and they should now.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mundus stones are not for sale.

You are talking furniture.

OP, change your misleading title.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TBS- you will want about 3-4 stones if switching often is your incentive to buy these. Yikes.
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on May 24, 2017 2:42PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    The Mundus stones are 4,000 Crowns?? Wow, that is WAY too expensive. They were only 1,000 Crown in Beta - what happened? As I have a couple of characters who run TBS, I'd love a couple of Mundus stones at my home, but for 4K, it isn't going to happen. Sorry, ZOS...this is Elk-level ridiculous pricing.
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...that's too rich for me. But, I don't really change my MS all that often anyway, so I probably wouldn't have purchased them regardless. They really aren't that hard to get to, but if you run TBS and change frequently, it would be a nice convenience.

And, I agree that these should also be available from Rolis.

It's unfortunate that they've decided to make housing their cash cow. The whole Imperial thing is a case in point. First, if you want to purchase an Imperial house with in-game gold, you need to purchase the Imperial upgrade if you don't already have the Imperial edition. Fine, but they failed to mention that you CANNOT craft any Imperial style furniture, so if you do purchase an Imperial home with gold, you either have to furnish it with Breton furnishings (which, granted are pretty much the same thing for many of the items) or purchase furniture with Crowns. You'd be better off, if you didn't care at all about playing as an Imperial, to just buy the furnished homes from the Crown Store and be done with it. Even if you have an Imperial, you may as well just buy it furnished from the Crown Store if you want to furnish it with Imperial items.

I'm guessing that any storage solution will be Crown Exclusive - special crates/wardrobes to hold certain items. Buy a wardrobe to store one set of gear.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Actually functional Mundus stones are, in fact...for sale.
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Yeah...that's too rich for me. But, I don't really change my MS all that often anyway, so I probably wouldn't have purchased them regardless. They really aren't that hard to get to, but if you run TBS and change frequently, it would be a nice convenience.

It's unfortunate that they've decided to make housing their cash cow. The whole Imperial thing is a case in point. First, if you want to purchase an Imperial house with in-game gold, you need to purchase the Imperial upgrade if you don't already have the Imperial edition. Fine, but they failed to mention that you CANNOT craft any Imperial style furniture, so if you do purchase an Imperial home with gold, you either have to furnish it with Breton furnishings (which, granted are pretty much the same thing for many of the items) or purchase furniture with Crowns. You'd be better off, if you didn't care at all about playing as an Imperial, to just buy the furnished homes from the Crown Store and be done with it. Even if you have an Imperial, you may as well just buy it furnished from the Crown Store if you want to furnish it with Imperial items.

I'm guessing that any storage solution will be Crown Exclusive - special crates/wardrobes to hold certain items. Buy a wardrobe to store one set of gear.

IS that a bad thing? Think about it, what is worse paying to buy some end game gear, or an item to unlock end game items for use, (ergo pay to win). Or having something thats 100% vanity offering VERY LITTLE to actual game play that sold exclusively in the CS?

Id much rather see people spend money on vanity over being forced to buy end game items.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Queo wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

IS that a bad thing? Think about it, what is worse paying to buy some end game gear, or an item to unlock end game items for use, (ergo pay to win). Or having something thats 100% vanity offering VERY LITTLE to actual game play that sold exclusively in the CS?

Id much rather see people spend money on vanity over being forced to buy end game items.

Yes, I agree with you (that I don't want to see PTW in CS), but I think the pricing is a bit out of hand. Purely my opinion, and for most things I don't care, since I don't have to buy them and usually don't. I pick and choose what I really want, and the rest, who cares. But, I think the way they handled the Imperial homes is a bit underhanded.

Edited for clarification.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 24, 2017 7:51PM
  • BearlyLegal
    BearlyLegal
    Soul Shriven
    I'm incredibly disappointed. I was looking to purchase the full set at the 1k price they were at in the Beta, but 4k each is insane.
    PS4 - NA - EP, CP 300

Bearly-Legal - Argonian Warden
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »

Might want to tag... @Darlgon
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then don't buy them, simple as that.
  • BearlyLegal
    BearlyLegal
    Soul Shriven
    Theres always gonna be that "So don't buy it" guy.

The issue here is the drastic and unreasonable price hike from 1k each in beta to 4k each.
    Edited by BearlyLegal on May 24, 2017 10:24PM
    PS4 - NA - EP, CP 300

• Evan8642
    Evan8642
    ✭✭✭
    merchant and banker are 5000 each.... 4000 for mundus stones is a bit overpriced, i could see 2500
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait I am confused. Are they on Crown store?
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭

The issue here is the drastic and unreasonable price hike from 1k each in beta to 4k each.
    Which I'm saying should be a non-issue.

Beta is beta, prices not being finalized, etc. ZOS is free to set their pricing as they see fit. If they cost one crown in beta, would that have been better? It shouldn't make any difference, what price tag something had on a test environment.

Hence, if you don't see value in this particular transaction that's being offered, then just don't buy it? :|
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    apostate9 wrote: »

Might want to tag... @Darlgon

Definitely a convience item.. Oh, I will just go to my house to change to Theif/Lord/Lady/Shadow.

Thanks for update and tag.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • BearlyLegal
    BearlyLegal
    Soul Shriven
    Majeure wrote: »

Which I'm saying should be a non-issue.

Beta is beta, prices not being finalized, etc. ZOS is free to set their pricing as they see fit. If they cost one crown in beta, would that have been better? It shouldn't make any difference, what price tag something had on a test environment.

Hence, if you don't see value in this particular transaction that's being offered, then just don't buy it? :|

I understand beta pricing isn't necessarily going to reflect live pricing but all that aside 4k is an asinine price for these stones that offer less functionality than, as Evan8642 stated, the merchant and banker which are sitting at 5k. The assistants can at least be summoned anywhere for their services, which are far more useful than simply changing your MS. 2k per stone would be reasonable.
    Edited by BearlyLegal on May 25, 2017 6:06AM
    PS4 - NA - EP, CP 300

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have been in the Writ Voucher vendor as well to keep writs desirable.

Pay to get fast, grind to get free.

That's what convenience options means, however as I predicted a while back, housing is just and other money making scheme got the people in marketing at ZOS.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • TimidGazelle
    TimidGazelle
    ✭✭✭
    I would have bought 4 right away if they were 1k, but 1 for 4k? No thanks. Shame too, since I was actually hyped for them.

Houses need more interact-able stuff so they don't feel as static. Jesus Christ, please give us the option to have nameable NPCs in our house for immersion and rp's sake. There is no way any of the notable homes would not have guards.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    4k each?!?! F U ZO$! The whole housing system is a pile of garbage money grab and I refuse to touch it. I love this game but ZO$, you guys are destroying it with this outrageous and blatant greed over quality. I get it, you need to make money but price things more reasonably and more people will buy which brings in more money in the long run. Stop being so short-sighted FFS!
  • Hetaira
    Hetaira
    ✭✭✭
    I was ready to spend 13k crowns to get all 13 for one of my places. Super pumped about it. 4k!!!! I can't even rationalize buying one at that price. I can't imagine how much real money zos actually lost on this price hike.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean yeah - the price is absurd... but the fact anybody is incentivized to buy them at all is a bit absurd, I'm a bit of a whale in this game - and have no problem buying stuff with crowns - but this just seems pointless.

Most people who look at which mundus stone to pick, never have to do it again. I haven't changed the stone I use except one time. It takes 2 seconds to go to one in the wild.

It's not like the crafting tables where having them all in one area is actually advantageous.

Basically having them in my house would be purely visual - I might buy the Thief stone, purely because it's the only one even worth using and I can get it on any new alts I make without having to go to Eastmarch for it.

All of that said - it WOULD be nice if they put options in the buy them without the crowns, perhaps from the weekly furnisher guy... (It would give them quite a few weeks of stuff for him) but if the Crown to Gold conversion on houses is anything to go by, ZOS would put them in for like 300,000 gold, or for some 200-300 writs.
    Edited by lagrue on May 25, 2017 5:38PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zarrakon wrote: »
    If these were obtainable for writ vouchers (250 each?), dropped (maybe not guaranteed) from Craglorn HM trials, I'd be completely okay with this. But right now, it feels like I'm being tricked into housing with the allure of to-be-added functionality, only to find out that I need to pay an arm and a leg to actually get this functionality.

Obviously, this is a direction ZOS could take this game. I don't think this is a good direction.

Plain, ordinary crafting stations - not attunable ones - cost 3000 crowns (!!!) or 35 writ vouchers. The attunable ones are 250 vouchers each and not available for crowns. But yes, I'm not spending 4000 crowns on a mundus stone, much as I would like them, and I want them all. I shall wait for the sale that never comes (or comes when I'm away and can't log in) or until they decide to make them available via writ vouchers, even if they're 250 vouchers each.

Just saw someone complaining about the metal target dummy that you get as a quest reward, I don't know which quest. Mundus stone as a quest reward would also be nice.
    Edited by cyberjanet on November 25, 2017 8:17AM
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either ZOS lowers the price and makes also makes them available in game for writ vouchers and/or gold, or else this is not coming in my house.