Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

House Listing Board

Cpt_Teemo
Cpt_Teemo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Have boards in each of the zones that you can currently purchase houses in and let it list all public houses that people are able to go and visit so we don't have to rely on an addon to do it, should have been in from the start tbh.
Edited by Cpt_Teemo on November 16, 2017 2:39AM

House Listing Board 46 votes

Yes
93%
laurajfMallowkrisor67_ESOArobainCpt_TeemoVerboseQuipsHrogunAimoraDrembo14_ESOOmniDoLazkinNyghthowlerSHADOW2KKDystopia2020JaeysaCillion3117AkrasjelAdamskiAldersSSlargAliyavana 43 votes
No
6%
StreegaGargathBlazingDynamo 3 votes
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Agreed
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty confused by what you mean.

Are you asking for us to be able to travel to the available houses to preview them? That's already in game, through the crown store and the map.

Or are you asking for us to be able to see which houses owned by friends/guildmates we can visit? In that case, given that you can be in guilds with up to 2500 unique members, max, who can all have multiple homes, that seems like that would be information overload. The current system allows us to choose an individual and travel to their current active residence, if we are included in their permissions, which works pretty well for viewing the houses of individuals you know or random guildmates.

Now if by public house you meant that we should be able to mark which house is the "Guild Hall" in an obvious manner, I agree that this would be beneficial to guilds. The current method is for guilds to list their Guild Hall on the Message of the Day, but this could be more user-friendly by having a specific place on the guild tab for a Guild Hall.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah a way for us to view other peoples houses not listed as primary, but also have it in an orderly fashion so it the board doesn't get to messed up, maybe like 100 listings per page and have the option to visit whenever you want and will only be listed if the houses are public, just like how Swtor's does it but without the prestige.

But to show whose house is first on list and last, it could be alphabetical order or it could be based on login time as well.
  • theslynx
    theslynx
    ✭✭✭
    There are add-ons for this?
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, but I would rather really have another way in game including those on consoles to be able to view everyone's houses not just the primary
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a drop down menu in place of the visit primary residence that would allow you to visit all the houses the person has set to allow in permissions.

Would also like to be able to right click on a house in the map menu and have it list random users that have that house I could visit. People would of course have to give permission for their house to appear on that random list.

And one more thing (for now) we need a guest book in our house people can sign as they visit. The guest book could either keep the message so we can read it when we return to the house or the message could be sent to us in the mail. Short of that at least we should get a list of people who came visiting.

I visit homes of random guild mates and sometimes send mail telling them how much I like the house or comment on something I really liked. The responses I get back show me that a lot of people would like comments on their homes.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I would like to see a drop down menu in place of the visit primary residence that would allow you to visit all the houses the person has set to allow in permissions.

Would also like to be able to right click on a house in the map menu and have it list random users that have that house I could visit. People would of course have to give permission for their house to appear on that random list.

And one more thing (for now) we need a guest book in our house people can sign as they visit. The guest book could either keep the message so we can read it when we return to the house or the message could be sent to us in the mail. Short of that at least we should get a list of people who came visiting.

I visit homes of random guild mates and sometimes send mail telling them how much I like the house or comment on something I really liked. The responses I get back show me that a lot of people would like comments on their homes.

Yeah something along the lines of that to allow people to visit everyone's houses that are public
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Considering there are arbitrary limitations (set by Z0$ for <insert reason(s) here>) for the maximum number of players that can visit a player housing instance, having a public list might not be useful unless it also displayed the total number of visitors or occupants at the time. Even that would require a queue option since a common problem with "house hopping" (I am in two housing guilds and we experience this issue quite often) is that if too many players try to visit a home and the visitor cap is reached, it can cause the game client to crash.
    This can lead to frustration due to the lost time spent re-launching the client and re-logging back in, waiting for loading screens, etc...
    Edited by OmniDo on November 19, 2017 8:27PM
  • theslynx
    theslynx
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, so if I have my default house privileges set to visitor, random people can use add-ons to visit it? That's weird. People do this?
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Why would anyone wait a long time to load someone's house just to see it, probably the top houses would be those bought and equipped with crowns. There is no fun in this.
    What I'd prefer to see first is different categories: house bought for crowns and bought for gold. Next the furnitures crafted and bought by gold and these bought by crowns in few clicks.
    If the house was purchased with gold and the furnitures created by crafting, it means a lot of love, time, imagination and efforts put in creation, thus the results are worth my time to check. A simple purchase with crowns with few clicks is not worth my time.
    With such categories, I'm up for this idea. Without I'm not interested.

Anyway, it's an interesting idea, which exists in SWTOR from a long time, so nothing new.
    Edited by Gargath on November 23, 2017 8:27PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    get-off-my-lawn.jpg
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    That system worked pretty well on SWTOR and allowed for some nice roleplay. I'ld love to see something quite similar here...
    PC EU
    Healer
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    there's a option to set your house open to anyone??
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd love an option like this. I have a bunch of homes and I enjoy decorating them, but no one visits them but me and the occasional person I can wrangle into 'show and tell' with housing.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I can always use more test subjects... I mean I would love to have some aspiring mages visit my mushroom tower.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.