Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If they were to kill one of the characters in ESO ...

• NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stuga
    kkill it with fire
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    I have done the main story (several times) and know a character dies. This is for possible future content. I feel like we can safely get rid of a character or two :D

I think Naryu getting the axe would actually be a bold choice.
  • Jacen_Veron
    Jacen_Veron
    ✭✭✭
    Vanus Galerion's death would be quite interesting to see.

Especially considering, canonically, he is supposed to meet his end in a great battle between the Mages Guild and Mannimarco and the Worm Cult, and it is supposed to happen around this time in the second era I think. I believe this is all written in the in-game book "Mannimarco, King of Worms" in the main games, though I could be mistaken.

It would be a nice little DLC story actually; to fight with Vanus and the guild against Mannimarco in his true Lich form, and a nice bittersweet ending with Vanus's death and the defeat of the Worm Cult.
    Edited by Jacen_Veron on October 23, 2017 10:23PM
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanus Galerion's death would be quite interesting to see.

Especially considering, canonically, he is supposed to meet his end in a great battle between the Mages Guild and Mannimarco and the Worm Cult, and it is supposed to happen around this time in the second era I think. I believe this is all written in the in-game book "Mannimarco, King of Worms" in the main games, though I could be mistaken.

It would be a nice little DLC story actually; to fight with Vanus and the guild against Mannimarco in his true Lich form, and a nice bittersweet ending with Vanus's death and the defeat of the Worm Cult.

That would be awesome! I agree. Considering there is heavy hints at Summerset being the next Chapter, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for a plot of this nature to happen over the course of 1 of the next 2 major updates.
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Naryu ever died, I honestly don’t think I’ll be able to continue playing ESO. It’s just not the same without her. One of the main reasons I play every DLC is the inner hope if bumping into her on my adventure. She’s my favourite NPC after all.

Also: how dare you even suggest her getting killed off you monster! :s
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Naryu ever died, I honestly don’t think I’ll be able to continue playing ESO. It’s just not the same without her. One of the main reasons I play every DLC is the inner hope if bumping into her on my adventure. She’s my favourite NPC after all.

You're probably safe there; if they killed her off they'd have to replace her in all the quests she shows up in, or write some other work-around for it. So it's unlikely to occur in the course of the game.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyris.

Please, please, please ZOS; please kill off Lyris.

If she's not getting in my way, she is whining about something.

:)
    Edited by MrGarlic on November 4, 2017 9:39PM
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivec.
    Ok, ok, I know its not gonna work because he's alive in original Morrowind, but still I really dislike him.
    Or Tiber Septim's ancestors, so he wont conquer Tamriel. I dont know, I just dont see world conquest as a honorable thing and tbh someone like Alessia would be much more fitting as a god of mankind.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just one?

Gothren.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »
    Lyris.

So...
    Why not do so when the time comes? I mean, I didn't, personally. But it's your choice, after all. >.>
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on November 22, 2017 6:43AM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyris.

So...
    Why not do so when the time comes? I mean, I didn't, personally. But it's your choice, after all. >.>

Because by then you are almost rid of her, anyway! You still have to deal with her up to that point. And she is a PITA.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Lyris.

So...

Because by then you are almost rid of her, anyway! You still have to deal with her up to that point. And she is a PITA.

I concur.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After thinking more, Sun-in-shadow.
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Okay so I had a thought. If they were to kill off a character in ESO, who's death would actually matter?

Like, there's lots of characters in the game. Who's death would actually cause an impact?

If we're going to be honest. I mean, truly honest in answering this question. The answer, without a doubt, is...

Abnur Tharn.
    "How DARE you betray me, Tharn!
    Your suffering shall be LEGENDRY!"
    --The King of Worms
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    Allanm wrote: »
    Stuga!

"Do you know how long I've been looking for you?" Yes 2 years!!!(for my alts lol)
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • duchessDS74
    duchessDS74
    Soul Shriven
    What bothers me most is when you do the run to stop the Planemeld in the end you loose several people. But when you go back to Tamriel, it's like "Psych! They aren't really gone!" I mean I literally cried that Darien didn't make it, and then you meet him later! Or you've gone through this big battle and saved people's lives, but back in Tamriel they don't know you. Just screws up the continuity and diminishes the rpg experience.
  • slicksteezin
    slicksteezin
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s an easy one for me. The first one id knock off is that dumb broad in craglorn bitching and moaning about her lost shipment every 10 seconds.

“To a place that’s crawling with sand warriors?! Where they chop off the heads of the unworthy?!?” *smack* issue resolved.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was quite the thread necro...

Spoiler:
    they've killed off Darien and Veya in Summerset. Which makes the choice you have to kill or not kill Veya in Morrowind pointless, but ymmv
  • Zodiac_
    Zodiac_
    ✭✭✭
    Razum - Go fetch this and then this and do all those meaningless quests- f dar.......

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady Laurent .

Stibbons would lose the rest of his hair but would finally become a man . Maybe even a badass action hero bent on revenge . Could even change his name to Stibbs and wear an eye patch . Searching the country side for the killers , saving villagers from evil and villainous scum . A cold man no longer polite and of few words , only actions . He would need a montage after her death to show his transformation into a buff stone cold killer . Only question would be is Tamriel ready for The Stibbonator ?

maybe .

"The Stibbonator" :lol:

I think if Narsis Dren died, Stibbons and Elfbetta would make a good crime-punishing duo :grimace:
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stuga!
    Nobody in the game got as many votes in the the Night Mother's inbox as this one, right here.

Pretty sure Stuga is the love child result of that NPC in Western Craglorn and The Adoring Fan.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naryu. She betrayed the vestige, betrayed the Morag Tong, in fact betrayed the whole of reality.

PC EU
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High King Emeric- as its heavily implied that the Daggerfall Covenant will fall apart after he dies.

Abnar Tharn- he deserves to die and it would be satisfying to put a dagger in his back

Naryu- She lied to the Vestige and didn't kill Veya
    Mera Stormcloak- just to *** off the Skyrim fanboys

King Journn- just because I hate his voice
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any of the player favorites would have a huge impact. Not that they would do it, they couldnt even bring themselves to kill Darien Gautier.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stuga!
    Nobody in the game got as many votes in the the Night Mother's inbox as this one, right here.

Pretty sure Stuga is the love child result of that NPC in Western Craglorn and The Adoring Fan.

Part of me is hoping for a lorebook in ES6 confirming her death-by-assassination. Messy assassination.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuga!

Part of me is hoping for a lorebook in ES6 confirming her death-by-assassination. Messy assassination.

It is now canon that Stuga was one of The Vestige’s Dark Brotherhood contracts. :D
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a hard question, I'd say Raz's death would also be heartbreaking and rage inducing, for me Naryu's death too, the death of Stibbons or the Lady (forgot her name :D) would also be intresting to see how it would play out and their reaction to it
    That was quite the thread necro...

Spoiler:
    they've killed off Darien and Veya in Summerset. Which makes the choice you have to kill or not kill Veya in Morrowind pointless, but ymmv

It means no one is safe thank god!
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Just started and I really like Darien Gautier he's a funny guy hope he stays for a long time :smiley:
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Griftimus
    Griftimus
    Soul Shriven
    Stuga!

But... But... don't you know how long she's been looking for YOU!
    [PC/NA] - The Phoenix Dominion is recruiting - ask me how to join today!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons does die, but he comes back, if you choose the cursed crown in the "Jeweled Crown of Anton" quest. King Emeric dies and comes back. That's enough precedent for anyone else who wants to come back.

/thread