Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

xbox one version freezes at start screen

DADDYOLDSCHOOL
I downloaded CWC dlc and played it until this morning after loosing guild chat 1, I reset the game to get it back and I was unable to get back in to the game. I hard reset, deleted saved data on console and I even deleted game and re downloaded which was like 81 gig. After waiting a few hours for it to download it still wouldn't work. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of freeze is it? Is the weird noise that takes you to the Xbox dashboard or are you being taken back to the ESO title screen ?
  • DADDYOLDSCHOOL
    Its like the freeze you get while playing and the sound stutters then kicks you out to the market place
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah. yeah i have no suggestions for you then If you have already tried the hard reset and re-installing your game. Hope that gets sorted soon for you.
  • DADDYOLDSCHOOL
    Thanks for trying. I'm worried that zos will throw their hands up and I will loose everything because they keep referring to Xbox who has already tried everything they know and sent me back to zos telling me that they need to help me get my account working. The last email from zos said " we may not be able to get your issue fixed" and I've been playing everyday since day 1. 11 characters, 900 champ points, millions of gold and AP, 350,000 telvar, bank and 2 guild banks full of gear, a whole lot of temps, master crafter, ect. ect. So I'm just praying that something can be done and they will stick with it and help a very loyal customer
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah you're getting the run-around eh? They were doing that to me a couple months ago when my ESO+ went out mid-sub period. You email ZoS and they tell you to call Xbox Support, you call Xbox Support and they tell you that only the developer can help. That was definitely one of the most frustrating experiences I've had recently. I would honestly try calling xbox again at a different time than you did the first time. Because i had to call Xbox about 3 times before i got paired with a support technician who actually understood the problem and they fixed it very quickly.

Still trying to think of something I've done to fix weird bugs in the past that might help. Do you use an external hard drive by chance?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its like the freeze you get while playing and the sound stutters then kicks you out to the market place

ouch.....
    DOn't waste a lot of time on this....my only thought it to change your xbox one from "instant-on" to "energy save" and put the game on the internal HD or use an SSD external........

The issue is really with ZOS tho, but just an idea kinda unrelated but those help overall xbox one performance non-game specific. No saying its 100% ZOS but its definitely more of a ZOS issue.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 15, 2017 3:34PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • kiranther
    kiranther
    ✭✭
    Did you find a fix yet? Even I am stuck with the same issue :(
  • kitsune_beth
    kitsune_beth
    ✭✭✭
    Are your drives set to auto play discs?
    Turning that off helped with some off my issues.
  • Kelarie
    Kelarie
    Soul Shriven
    I was able to play the game until Sunday 11am. Now I freeze at the start screen and then kicked back to Xbox home. So I have tried several things to try and fix, but nada. Have submitted tickets and tweeted but no response. Is that it? Am I no longer able to play a game I have come to really like?
  • MikeMerc6453
    MikeMerc6453
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue. weird thing is I switched over to my brothers console on the same xbox and the game worked perfectly. Microsoft support had no idea why that would happen. I've tried everything @DADDYOLDSCHOOL did plus some... due to the fact that it work on my brothers account I figured it was an issue with my account so I reinstalled my account and that didn't help either.
  • kitsune_beth
    kitsune_beth
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe something went wrong with an update?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random thought.....make sure your Xbox One x is not plugged into any power strip or surge protectors

Make sure this game is on the internal HD not any external unless it’s a Samsung SSD t3 or t5
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 22, 2017 3:31AM
  • kiranther
    kiranther
    ✭✭
    I have been chasing ZOS support for a few days now without any luck. Sadly a different support exec pickups up the thread every time i reply to a previous comment. They look at the subject & give random suggestion. They don't even look at the case history. This is just so frustrating :(
  • MikeMerc6453
    MikeMerc6453
    Soul Shriven
    I FIGURED IT OUT!!! You need to go to manage game select the delete saves option then delete from everywhere. ***THIS DOES NOT DELETE ANY OF YOUR PROGRESS!*** Your data is saved onto ZOS servers I tried this theory last night and thought I was going to have a heart attack waiting to see if I would still have my data. It will make you agree to terms of services again and reconfigure your screen size and brightness then select your server and BAM! you're back in! You're welcome. I will be accepting in game donations on XBOX ONE GT Mercsauce11 lol jk but that would be pretty cool if you did. Happy Gaming!

NOTE: DELETING THE SAVES ONLY FROM LOCAL WILL NOT WORK!
    Edit: Forgot to mention I did a power cycle after deleting from everywhere not sure if you can skip that step.
    Edited by MikeMerc6453 on November 22, 2017 5:38PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kiranther wrote: »
    I have been chasing ZOS support for a few days now without any luck. Sadly a different support exec pickups up the thread every time i reply to a previous comment. They look at the subject & give random suggestion. They don't even look at the case history. This is just so frustrating :(

Yeah this pretty much describes most of why ZoS support is so frustrating. It's almost always a different employee responding to an e-mail. Many times this is right in the middle of a chain where myself and another representative were doing troubleshooting. Once this happens, the new representative will start suggesting things that I already tried with the other customer support employee but many times they will just say something completely random but slightly related to the last email i sent.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just in case it's related, we do have a known issue about quitting the game and putting your console in suspend mode: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4622707/#Comment_4622707
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MikeMerc6453
    MikeMerc6453
    Soul Shriven
    Now another issue I have been having is when I die in Maelstrom arena and respawn the audio will lag and I cant see any enemies then I just die...
  • DADDYOLDSCHOOL
    First, on a previous post I said that an email from zos said they didn't know if they would be able to help me. What it said exactly was, "we are unable to guarantee that we will have any other steps for you to take". Just wanted to clear that up. As of yesterday bethesda emailed me and told me they could move my account to a new gamer tag and that might resolve my issue. They said that's the only thing left that they can do. They confirmed that they believe my saved data has a corrupted file that's causing my game to freeze at start screen. They also said moving the account would cause me to loose all Xbox achievements and my morrowind purchase so if it worked I would have to purchase morrowind a second time on the new gamer tag. Xbox refused to reimburse me in any way.
  • DADDYOLDSCHOOL
    Luckily, I own eso on a disc because they said I would also loose the digital copy of eso, if I owned it.
  • DADDYOLDSCHOOL
    Can you really "delete everything everywhere" and not loose your saves data? Too scared to try it myself.
  • kiranther
    kiranther
    ✭✭
    Edit: Forgot to mention I did a power cycle after deleting from everywhere not sure if you can skip that step.

Thanks Mike. Delete from everywhere worked. I was able to log in & my progress is not lost!

Cheers!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you really "delete everything everywhere" and not loose your saves data? Too scared to try it myself.

On this game yes but not all games.
  • kiranther
    kiranther
    ✭✭
    btw, ZOS support also suggested the same thing after I shot & uploaded a Video of the same problem.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=w1G0MRkJ3kw
  • MikeMerc6453
    MikeMerc6453
    Soul Shriven
    kiranther wrote: »

Thanks Mike. Delete from everywhere worked. I was able to log in & my progress is not lost!

Cheers!

no problem please help spread the word!

• MikeMerc6453
    MikeMerc6453
    Soul Shriven

that's correct I wouldn't try it with another game unless maybe you can transfer your saved files onto an external hard drive first but then that might just end up be irrelevant...
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have the same issue in fact I have done a lot of steps proposed by Xbox support such as deleting my account, resetting my xbox, and removing local storage/persistent storage.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, on a previous post I said that an email from zos said they didn't know if they would be able to help me. What it said exactly was, "we are unable to guarantee that we will have any other steps for you to take". Just wanted to clear that up. As of yesterday bethesda emailed me and told me they could move my account to a new gamer tag and that might resolve my issue. They said that's the only thing left that they can do. They confirmed that they believe my saved data has a corrupted file that's causing my game to freeze at start screen. They also said moving the account would cause me to loose all Xbox achievements and my morrowind purchase so if it worked I would have to purchase morrowind a second time on the new gamer tag. Xbox refused to reimburse me in any way.

LOL ain't that that some ****. I feel bad for you man. Would hate to lose all my Xbox achievements. Having to buy the over-priced Morrowind "chapter" again too just adds insult to injury. Disgusting treatment of a customer if I've ever seen it.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that's correct I wouldn't try it with another game unless maybe you can transfer your saved files onto an external hard drive first but then that might just end up be irrelevant...

Actually it’s not irrelevant to do so. It’s a good comment to leave here as there are times it helps resolve issues. Just make sure depending on the game you delete the new and replace it with the old after the issue you’re resolving are gone.
  • I3akerOfcakes
    I3akerOfcakes
    ✭✭✭
    Having this problem today out of nowhere. I deleted the save data, power cycled, cleared my cache and nothing. It will freeze after you press start on The Elder Scrolls Onine TU screen, every time. First it was a month of infinite load screens and now I can't even play the game at all. Gosh I just love paying that $15 a month for a such a high quality and well maintained game.
    Edited by I3akerOfcakes on November 25, 2017 9:33PM
    Xbox One NA
    GT: i3akerOfCakes
    Grand Overlord Stamblade & Stam Sorc
    Be a homie, check out my channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf6shuAfYCromjCj_LeI8Zg
    Become a Patron!
    https://www.patreon.com/BakerOfCakes
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @I3akerOfcakes
    Still trying to find away to resolve this issue unfortunately nothing has happened after speaking with XBL support or ESO support lol.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l