Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Check Out the ESO Black-Friday Sale & ESO: Morrowind Mount Giveaway"

• Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno ... maybe you'd let the powers that be know it would be wise to surprise us all with a Cyber Monday sale on crowns after all? We're okay if they pretend that was the plan all along. ;)

Ain't nobody gonna have any money left by then. lol
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • ethanthefox
    ethanthefox
    ✭✭
    Meh, just more money to spend somewhere else
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And somehow you guys still don't even have it to where we can buy additional months of ESO Plus at a discount on Xbox and get Crowns that way either. Xbox players have to pay an additional $24/year for ESO Plus above PC and PS4 players because the 1 month $14.99 option is all that's in the Xbox Store compared to the discounted 6 month option on PS4 and PC.

I think this was explained by them. Microsoft did not want to offer anything but the single month subscription.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Viveun
    Viveun
    ✭✭✭
    That bundle is a joke. Such a bummer. Was excited to pick up all the mundus stones for a guild hall. It can wait.
  • wyterice24b14_ESO
    wyterice24b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, looks like I'm off to Blizz & see what they got for sale..
    Happy Patch day!
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    No crown sale? Oh well, no more money from me then.

All The Kek
    Edited by Alexandrious on November 23, 2017 2:30AM
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viveun wrote: »
    That bundle is a joke. Such a bummer. Was excited to pick up all the mundus stones for a guild hall. It can wait.

I just wanted one stone plus a Transmute Station for my place. Guess we're all waiting then. D :
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on November 23, 2017 2:33AM
  • DaGhostDS
    DaGhostDS
    ✭✭✭
    I guess i'm not giving any money to Zos this season, no black fredas = no deal.
    Edited by DaGhostDS on November 23, 2017 4:41AM
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the discount on the Morrowind collectors edition upgrade. Myself and my boyfriend purchased it yesterday. I had a sentimental moment at memories of my days in the old Morrowind game. Vivec took me way back. Love it. Love it. Love it. Any chance of an Oblivion chapter at some point?

A Christmas/New Life crown sale would be nice.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on November 23, 2017 7:43AM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_GinaBruno - Some of these people are being incredibly dramatic about ZOS not offering a crown sale. As someone who also does a bit of marketing, I get it: discounts that become expected are not good in the long run.

That said, this bundle is... underwhelming, to say the least. Like, I'd love to spend some money on some neat Black Friday deals. But I can literally make equivalent or better consumables in most cases, and I don't really need a new mount, especially since you all just gave a whole bunch of people free mounts. The riding lessons are cool, but that's more or less the only thing in this bundle that IS cool, and even then, it's only 2/3 of the upgrade trees.

So, feedback from some random guy on the internet, if you're interested in passing it along to the right people? If ZOS isn't going to offer a crown sale, that's fine, but next time it's probably worth offering a more substantive Black Friday bundle. Because like I said before, I'd happily spend extra money on ESO this Friday... if there was anything in particular for me to spend my money on. And clearly I'm not alone. A whole lot of missed sales opportunities, here.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on November 23, 2017 9:40AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_GinaBruno - Some of these people are being incredibly dramatic about ZOS not offering a crown sale. As someone who also does a bit of marketing, I get it: discounts that become expected are not good in the long run.

That said, this bundle is... underwhelming, to say the least. Like, I'd love to spend some money on some neat Black Friday deals. But I can literally make equivalent or better consumables in most cases, and I don't really need a new mount, especially since you all just gave a whole bunch of people free mounts. The riding lessons are cool, but that's more or less the only thing in this bundle that IS cool, and even then, it's only 2/3 of the upgrade trees.

So, feedback from some random guy on the internet, if you're interested in passing it along to the right people? If ZOS isn't going to offer a crown sale, that's fine, but next time it's probably worth offering a more substantive Black Friday bundle. Because like I said before, I'd happily spend extra money on ESO this Friday... if there was anything in particular for me to spend my money on. And clearly I'm not alone. A whole lot of missed sales opportunities, here.

Absolutely this. Without a crown sale there needed to be a LOT of other sales or perhaps even several different Black Fredas Bundles. A house sale would have been great.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Luthivar
    Luthivar
    ✭✭✭
    One more update on the ESO Store: The sale for ESO and Morrowind on PC will be live around 1pm EST (not 11am EST.)

We don't have a Crown Pack sale as part of our Black Friday offerings this year.

Which leaves me quite a little disappointed.

The real problem to me are the latest prices in crown store. For the costs in money per crown without rebates, they are completely exaggerated. I bought 2 mounts for 4k and 4.5k. That would be 25 Euro per mount. Lately a costume for 2k crowns = 12 Euro, a house for 14k = 90 Euro. As I really hope these prices are calculated with rebated crowns, please bring those rebates more frequently.

On black friday, I intended to buy that dwemer gazebo and 3 imperial columns for my house which sell at 1.3k and 3x400k crowns, which would be 15 Euro without crown rebate. I would have to be pretty stupid to do so.

In the end all I can say is: No, thank you, not this time. I hope there will be another crown rebate or I'll just wait until I prolong my subscription in march. The current black friday bundle comes at a reasonable price as it contains a mount, but the "original" price of more than 8k crowns (50 Euro) again is a bad joke. Your marketing section might think that crowns hide the real price, but it doesn't to all of us!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you compare the Black Fredas bundle with the 500g starter pack deal from a few weeks ago - saddest Black Fredas ever. Starter pack had all the same consumables, plus crown repairs kits and twice as many potions. The bear instead of horse isn't worth the extra 1400 crowns IMO.

Again, just my opinion. I was hoping for a crown sale as well. Oh well.
  • Lorkhai
    Lorkhai
    ✭✭
    Will the Morrowind offers be available on the Asian PlayStation Store?
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭

We don't have a Crown Pack sale as part of our Black Friday offerings this year.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Oh those words are put veeeery carfully... i hear ya :)
  • Angzt
    Angzt
    ✭✭✭
    One more update on the ESO Store: The sale for ESO and Morrowind on PC will be live around 1pm EST (not 11am EST.)

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Nothing but disappointing!... Well, I guess I'm not going to buy anything in the near future then!...
    Edited by Angzt on November 24, 2017 2:13PM
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    Any chance of an Oblivion chapter at some point?

Not sure how that would work since most of the areas from Oblivion are already ingame.
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • Angzt
    Angzt
    ✭✭✭
    [...]

Expectable discounts!?... Well, isn't that just what the wohle Black Friday sale thing is all about? In my understanding discounts are never a bad thing regarding sales, as long as they're not dis'mis'counted!...

[...]
    [...]

However, I agree - the bundle is... not quite a blockbuster!... Lame Friday!...

Edited by Angzt on November 24, 2017 2:44PM
  • Endek
    Endek
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, for some reason the European PS4 Black Friday special for upgrading to Morrowind does not start until Tuesday, 28-11-2017...

However, the Free Nix mount give-away ends on Sunday 26-11-2017?

Does this mean if we live in England / Europe and wait for the PS4 Black Friday Morrowind Upgrade special price that is already available in some other regions and on PC to start next week on Tuesday, we will miss out on the free Nix Mount event for our PS4 accounts?

I hope this isn't the case as our family has 2 x PC ESO accounts that we have already upgraded to Morrowind and 2 x PS4 accounts that we were going to upgrade during the Black Friday sale, but plan to wait for the European PS4 sale to start next Tuesday, two days after the Nix giveaway event ends?

Please clarify what is happening for those waiting for the European PS4 Black Tuesday deals relative to the Nix Mount?

Thanks and have fun out there.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will you have one during christmas maybe? Please...

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno & @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I bought this but the mount upgrades can't be banked, this is a nightmare. As bought on my maxed out main intending them to go to an alt. As you can with the normal mount upgrades.

Opened a ticket with support but had nothing back yet. I onLy bought the pack for these
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno & @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I bought this but the mount upgrades can't be banked, this is a nightmare. As bought on my maxed out main intending them to go to an alt. As you can with the normal mount upgrades.

Opened a ticket with support but had nothing back yet. I onLy bought the pack for these

I'm a pleb. Ignore me. You open the pack, then you can on each item.

I kicked off about the exact same thing last time. So sorry. Noob alert
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

How sad is it when we have to beg ZOS to let us give them money? LOL
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Angzt
    Angzt
    ✭✭✭

Indeed - it is! ;)
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angzt wrote: »

Indeed - it is! ;)

We could try to use metrics. Theory would be that ZOS is monitoring internet traffic, clicks etc. If we all check the crown packs but then closing the windows not buying anything ... who knows, worth a try in my opinion! :D
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett