The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eso CWC Tier list

MonoAlv96
MonoAlv96
✭✭
So what do you guys think about all of the classes atm in cyrodiil?

-From best to worst
  • Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    That's a very open ended question. Do you mean Solo? Group? 1vX?...Ganker? Healer? There are a lot of questions there.
    My very humble opinion is that the most OVERALL effective classes right now are Warden and NB. But convincing arguments can (and probably will) be made for all classes. Except mDK cause rip.
    No class CC and I don't run a gap closer...so yeah if you streak away from me I'll probably bird spam you WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??
    Outrider of Vokundein-Vice PvP Officer- Member of Legend Gaming
    Officer- Eastmarch Trade Company
    Officer- Order of the Bear
    Core- Fear is Failure

DK Tank - Stam Sorc DPS - Stam Warden PvP DPS- Mag DK PvP DPS
    690+ CP PC NA
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solo / Open World
    • Tier 1
      • Stam NB*, Stam Warden
    • Tier 2
      • Stam Sorcerer, Stam DK, Stam Templar, Mag Sorcerer**
    • Tier 3
      • Mag NB, Mag DK, Mag Templar, Mag Warden

* Supposing their abilities finally work properly...
    ** "How dare you put mag sorc on T2?!?!!1", well, because it is a very versatile class, but anything you can't burst from almost full HP is something you will usually not kill at all (unless your opponent somehow forgot to slot a heal)
    Main reason for magicka classes (bar magicka sorcerer): if you can't kite, you are dead. A much easier access to mobility makes stamina a favorite in this regard. Stamina Warden due to access to better overall tankiness and survivability than its "brawler" counterparts. Stam NB for general group avoidance and initiative (once ZoS fixes the numerous bugs with them)

Small group
    • Too much variance
    Ok, that was a lazy list, but there are way too many factors, and different groups will be able to tackle different objectives in different ways. You can have a stamblade duo killing every single member of a group, 1 by 1, no matter how big the group is, you can have an AoE heavy group (multiple stamina wardens with timed Sub. Assault / DBoS, a destro ult combined with an AoE stun or root...) that will be able to burst down multiple targets, you have a near unkillable magplar / stamden or stamden / DK duo which can distract a pretty large group for a while... And pretty much all classes have something to do in it. Some combos work much better than others, but all classes kinda have a role here.

Large scale
    • Tier 1
      • Mag NB*, Mag Templar**, Mag Warden**, Mag sorc***, Stam Sorc****
    • Tier 2
      • Stam Warden, Mag DK, Stam DK, Stam NB, Stam Templar

* Damage dealing
    ** Healing
    *** Purge / Negate / Encase bots
    **** Negate / Rapids slaves
    Most of it is shamelessly stolen from a bunch of vids taken directly from Zerg Squad, but I think the descriptions are pretty much self-explanatory...

Current highly organized groups rely on a stamina build spamming Retreating maneuvers (to make sure the whole group stays on the move,
    as you would otherwise die very quickly - unless you are in an entrenched position), Purge spammers (to get rid of DoTs and possible debuffs, especially enemy sieges), healers and magblade as damage dealers. Stamina sorcerers fit the bill perfectly when it comes to sustain Rapids spamming, as they both get 20% stamina recovery on top of Dark Deal (or w/e is the morph for converting mag to stam). Negates are a very efficient tool to briefly shut down enemy healers, templars in large part due to BoL, Wardens for access to multiple AoE healing abilities and group buffs (shroomz OP). Magblades really crush any competition when it comes to damage dealing, with an access to a gap closer that isn't stopped by roots with a strong snare attached, a large PBAoE that also heals, as well as high ultimate generation in a world where Destro ults make or break a lot of fights.

Duels
    • Tier 1
      • Whoever doesn't fall asleep first
    • Tier 2
      • Whoever falls asleep first
    Praise be #ZosBalance. Seriously, I can pick any spec, build a bit into sustain, sit there and heal or shield up and my opponent won't be able to kill me, unless the other one decides to run a stupidly niche build. At least in CP campaigns,
    non-CP is less of an issue.

_________

Yes, I know, sometimes you'll want to move a class by a tiers, you can put away your gun sword / fireball / sparky stuff. Oh, and you can rock whatever you want, it's not that some classes can't go solo, or some can't be part of organized groups or anything, it's just that some are better at it, so you don't need to spam me with your videos of you solo'ing on any class I classified as T3 (since I did it myself, TYVM) or any large scale group where you are participating as a "T2 class".

EDIT: Added spoiler for large groups
    Edited by Asmael on November 22, 2017 3:22PM
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo:

I keep making a list... And it ends up looking like all lmao

But mNBs are really good, Stam wardens, @zParallaxz or Gessner DKs, my Templar would be on my top list ;)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on open world/BGs

Tier 1
    Stam Warden

Tier 2
    Both nightblades, both templars, mag warden, mag sorc

Tier 3
    both DKs, stam sorc

Just my personal opinion, I'm sure everyone has differing opinions.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 22, 2017 4:38PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solo openworld purely.

Tier 1: StamWarden, StamNB, MagWarden

Tier 2: Magsorc, Stamplar, MagNB, StamSorc

Tier 3: StamDK, MagDK, Magplar.

MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on small group / BGs:

Tier 1: a tanky magplar that heals the team and doesn’t mind not getting kills since his team will dominate all other teams
    —- big gap ——
    Tier 2: stamden
    Tier 3: mag sorc, Stam sorc, magden
    Tier 4: stamplar, regular magplars, mag DKs
    Tier 5: mag NB, Stam NB, Stam DK
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp