The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Check Out the ESO Black-Friday Sale & ESO: Morrowind Mount Giveaway"

• Striderlongshanks
    Can I purchase the Morrowind collectors edition upgrade as a gift for a friend? Do you just get a code that is added to an existing account via "MyAccount" redeem code?
  • RebelFireStorm
    RebelFireStorm
    ✭✭✭
    This is hilariously garbage. Fine, give new players stuff to draw them in. But the single offering you have for current players is just completely inept.

At least I have some extra money to spend on other things.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It like no Black Friday at all for those customers who were buying everything already.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    coop500 wrote: »
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    One more update on the ESO Store: The sale for ESO and Morrowind on PC will be live around 1pm EST (not 11am EST.)

We don't have a Crown Pack sale as part of our Black Friday offerings this year.

Virtually everyone has been waiting for the crowns sale... disappointing...

ZOS seems to tell everybody: We don't want your money.

So I'm gonna keep it and spend elsewhere.

Seems pretty lame to not let people give them our money.

New crown crates are coming so they want people to fully spend their money this time! No discount allowed!

I was also waiting for a crown sale and I will not buy any without it so, keeping my money.

Agreed. They will have a Crown sale when sales of Crowns dip and they need a little boost to get them going.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I’m ZOS seeing all of this demand for Crowns, and all of the expectations over discounting them, I’m never putting them on sale again.
    PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I’m ZOS seeing all of this demand for Crowns, and all of the expectations over discounting them, I’m never putting them on sale again.

You make a fine point. However, Black Friday is the one day of the year were discounts are expected. They could do Crown sales ONCE a year, on that day.
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    One more update on the ESO Store: The sale for ESO and Morrowind on PC will be live around 1pm EST (not 11am EST.)

We don't have a Crown Pack sale as part of our Black Friday offerings this year.

Well RIP, not gonna buy those 2x 21k packs at full price. I'll just throw the money I've put aside for this at some other games, I guess.
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    Or they can do it sometimes else and do go the "not expecting" route so no one can schedule for crown sales. I dont really care to be honest, saving money for other presents is currently anyway better for me so somewhere in the future is fine.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So you're saying there's a chance for Cyber Monday, right? ;)
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »

Heh good luck with that if people will have already spent the money they saved for this by then. Lmao.
    (edit: wording fail)
    Edited by HowellQagan on November 22, 2017 6:05PM
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lame, no money for ZOS from me.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heh good luck with that if people will have already spent the money they saved for this by then. Lmao.
    (edit: wording fail)

Eh, if they wise up and do a good crown sale before Xmas I'll relent and buy them. But right now I feel no real incentive at all to spend on ZOS. I mean, free things are nice... if they're things you actually want. But to date (and remember I've been around since pre-launch) every single free item I've gotten, including the quickly discontinued loyalty program items, are things I didn't want. This also includes Apex mounts from free crown crates. All stuff I wasn't even a little bit interested in. And it's not like I'm all that hard to please because there are LOTS of items, costumes, pets and even a few mounts I'd love to have. Those just aren't the things ZOS wants to part with it seems.If I could convert every single unwanted item I have cluttering up my inventory into gems, I'd be a happy camper. But that ain't gonna happen either. And for the record... the Nix Ox grosses me out. It's not really a gift if you don't want it ZOS. Just sayin'.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear mounts make me seasick and I already own Morrowind. ;)

An "upgrade your plain basic Morrowind to Collector's edition" package coming when?
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here I am saving up money to actually throw your way ZOS...only to find out that there is no Crown Sale this year during Black Friday?

In that case...

UnfinishedIdenticalGypsymoth.gif
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp. I hope there will be crown sale for the winter holidays.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭

Didn't last year they had a crowns sale on cyber Monday only, and not on Black Friday? It was a one day sale. I remember that.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was planning to buy up a bunch of Crowns during the Black Friday sale because I just switched to Xbox but I refuse to pay the overpriced normal amount when they're 40% off during the sales so no Crown Store purchases for me.

And somehow you guys still don't even have it to where we can buy additional months of ESO Plus at a discount on Xbox and get Crowns that way either. Xbox players have to pay an additional $24/year for ESO Plus above PC and PS4 players because the 1 month $14.99 option is all that's in the Xbox Store compared to the discounted 6 month option on PS4 and PC.

You'd think you guys would be trying harder to generate some good will with your customers after the debacle of a nearly unplayable game for the last month due to the load screens from the CwC update. We still have to wait 2 more weeks for a fix on Xbox so can't even enjoy PvP over the Thanksgiving weekend.
    Edited by Twohothardware on November 22, 2017 7:18PM
  • fr33r4ng3r
    fr33r4ng3r
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear this is sad. Nothing exiting for long time players to spend our Black Friday money on. I was planning on buying some crowns on sale for the new crate season, but I can wait...
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Nothing more than this? I hoped some things might get discounted... :(
    A followup of sorts: the Nix-Ox mount is AWESOME and hillarious, don't get me wrong, and I don't want to look like an ungrateful ass, but black friday being a discounts (often fake, but that's not the point) event, I really hoped we'd see a real, you know, sale.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why even waste people’s time with this? It’s the inky deer all over again. Would’ve preferred if you just did nothing, because that’s how worthless this bundle is.
  • Arrchangell
    Arrchangell
    ✭✭✭
    No crown sale? Guess i ain't buying anything this year then.
  • IIPurifierTemplarII
    IIPurifierTemplarII
    Soul Shriven
    Hehe thanks for helping me save money lol.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very disappointing. Everyone I know in my guild was excited for the black friday sale in the hopes of getting crown packs. I have no interest in the bear mount and already own ESO and Morrowind, so I guess I won't be buying anything new.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom The lack of a Crown sale is obsurd. For the past years, both 2015 and 2016, you guys had Crown discounts for Black Friday. Many people already have Morrowind, so it being the only thing discounted is just bad marketing.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom The lack of a Crown sale is obsurd. For the past years, both 2015 and 2016, you guys had Crown discounts for Black Friday. Many people already have Morrowind, so it being the only thing discounted is just bad marketing.

And a bit of a slap in the face to those who were counting on that crown sale...actually, more than a bit. It is a huge slap in the face. It feels like they aren't trying to please their current players, they're just trying to entice new players as a way to gain more money, I think. You know what? I don't care about them wanting more new players. But leaving those of us who are playing their game out to dry? I'm sorry, but I feel like they just don't care about us at that point. :(
  • NordDK
    NordDK
    Well, it looks like I'm done with this game. I picked up morrowind edition a few months ago for pretty cheap and had a good time with it, but I've now finished all the end game content I have access to on normal and have done most base game dungeons on veteran difficulty.

I had been considering getting some dlc on Black Friday with a crown sale. I figured this was a safe bet considering they've done it the last two years and it's the universal day for sales. As it turns out, I underestimated just how greedy the *** at ZOS are. Now ZOS will not only miss out on my money, I've convinced both my brother and my friend that this game isn't worth their money either.

I will most definitely miss the player community for this game, of all the current mmo's the player base for ESO has been the most friendly and inclusive. It's a damn shame that the ZOS team is absolute ***. Goodbye my fellow players. Zenimax, suck my ***.
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    NordDK wrote: »
    Well, it looks like I'm done with this game. I picked up morrowind edition a few months ago for pretty cheap and had a good time with it, but I've now finished all the end game content I have access to on normal and have done most base game dungeons on veteran difficulty.

I had been considering getting some dlc on Black Friday with a crown sale. I figured this was a safe bet considering they've done it the last two years and it's the universal day for sales. As it turns out, I underestimated just how greedy the *** at ZOS are. Now ZOS will not only miss out on my money, I've convinced both my brother and my friend that this game isn't worth their money either.

I will most definitely miss the player community for this game, of all the current mmo's the player base for ESO has been the most friendly and inclusive. It's a damn shame that the ZOS team is absolute ***. Goodbye my fellow players. Zenimax, suck my ***.

Can I have you, your brother, and your friends stuff?
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Nix Mount made me laugh, it appears to be slower than my Horse. Most likely an optical illusion do to how fast the legs move.

Thanks for the NIX Mount!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno ... maybe you'd let the powers that be know it would be wise to surprise us all with a Cyber Monday sale on crowns after all? We're okay if they pretend that was the plan all along. ;)
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno ... maybe you'd let the powers that be know it would be wise to surprise us all with a Cyber Monday sale on crowns after all? We're okay if they pretend that was the plan all along. ;)

That's what I'm holding out hope for, if I'm being honest. I mean, I have the money ready for the very moment a Crown Sale drops. So if ZOS decides "Eh, we're gonna skip the sale this Black Friday.", then maybe they don't actually want to make a lot of money.