Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Check Out the ESO Black-Friday Sale & ESO: Morrowind Mount Giveaway"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
a72006f9042e8cfbf0c65622695378bc.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Check Out ESO’s Black Friday Sale and Get A Free Mount with ESO: Morrowind blog article.

Black Fredas has returned to Tamriel with sales on ESO and ESO: Morrowind, an all-new Black Fredas Special Bundle in the Crown Store, and a free Nix-Ox mount for new and current Morrowind owners!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Just a heads-up to everyone that the sale pricing for PC/Mac versions of ESO and Morrowind is not yet live in our store. The sale pricing will be live around 1pm EST.

(Edited to update timing.)
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on November 22, 2017 3:52PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does it mean that there won't be any Crown Packs sale this year? This is something we all have been waiting for the most, especially since the prices of Crown Packs have increased in most countries...

I ask because in your article from last year you wrote about discounts on all ESO Crown Packs (source: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25865).

However there is no such statement in this years article.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bundle seems good (like most the bundles done). Already own Morrowind so no discount joys for me.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No crown sale? I've been waiting for one from Black Friday, maybe Cyber Monday?
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm absolutely loving the free Nix-Ox mount. Boy is it a joy to ride and the sound design is awesome! Not terribly interested in the Black Fredas Bundle because although the Tuxedo Bear is charming, he is way too similar to the Masked Bear of which I am already a proud owner of.

As has been stated above, curious to see no mention of a sale on Crown Packs for this time of year. Maybe you guys are waiting until most people who stockpiled Crowns from the QuakeCon sale deplete their savings on the new Flame Atronach Crown Crate season? It could be that the next Crown sale will be tied closer to December and the holidays I suppose.

I guess we shall see!

Edited by Left4Daud on November 22, 2017 3:49PM
  • palahnyurchin
    palahnyurchin
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with others - the bundle is pretty good but I already have the normal cave bear and I would prefer a crown sale :)
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    One more update on the ESO Store: The sale for ESO and Morrowind on PC will be live around 1pm EST (not 11am EST.)

We don't have a Crown Pack sale as part of our Black Friday offerings this year.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    When are PC and PS4 getting their free play weekend? After you guys gave one to Xbone, it was said ours would be coming up, then nothing.
    Edited by Zorvan on November 22, 2017 3:55PM
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One more update on the ESO Store: The sale for ESO and Morrowind on PC will be live around 1pm EST (not 11am EST.)

We don't have a Crown Pack sale as part of our Black Friday offerings this year.

Welp, darn....
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh... what a crappy Black Friday then...
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

To quote our beloved Prophet "Curious and curiouser..." but thank you for the official update!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will this include the Morrowind upgrade?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭

That's sad because I am running out of crowns.

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well this is disappointing to say the least.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads-up to everyone that the sale pricing for PC/Mac versions of ESO and Morrowind is not yet live in our store. The sale pricing will be live around 1pm EST.

Hi. I just realized this might be my chance to cut Steam out of our love triangle but before I do that I wanna make sure this works:

Currently, there is no way of playing Morrowind content without having steam running in the backround if you bought the chapter update from Steam, right? (Atleast that is what the customer support told me the second time when I contacted them. Before that they said it will be possible after offical launch (I pre-ordered the game and got the access a bit earlier and also asked them about this issue before the chapter was offically out).
    So can I buy another copy of Morrowind to upgrade an account that already has an upgrade in Steam and will there be any conflicts if I launch the game via Steam?

Oh, and one more thing: When you create the second chapter, could you make sure that players can access the chapter content even when Steam servers are down? The current model is making Steam's problems your problems. Could you take this message to who ever is creating the chapters? I really hate to cancel raids becouse of not being able to connect to Steam.
    Edited by Sinolai on November 22, 2017 4:17PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No Crowns discount sales?! What an irrational waste.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing more than this? I hoped some things might get discounted... :(
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »

Hi. I just realized this might be my chance to cut Steam out of our love triangle but before I do that I wanna make sure this works:

Currently, there is no way of playing Morrowind content without having steam running in the backround if you bought the chapter update from Steam, right? (Atleast that is what the customer support told me the second time when I contacted them. Before that they said it will be possible after offical launch (I pre-ordered the game and got the access a bit earlier and also asked them about this issue before the chapter was offically out).
    So can I buy another copy of Morrowind to upgrade an account that already has an upgrade in Steam and will there be any conflicts if I launch the game via Steam?

Oh, and one more thing: When you create the second chapter, could you make sure that players can access the chapter content even when Steam servers are down? The current model is making Steam's problems your problems. Could you take this message to who ever is creating the chapters? I really hate to cancel raids becouse of not being able to connect to Steam.

You can link and switch an existing ZOS ESO account to Steam, but you cannot switch a Steam account to ZOS. So since your account is bound to Steam already ( as it is since you bought Morrowind from there ), you're stuck with Steam and any issues Steam has. This is one of the requirements Steam gives to mmo devs putting their games there ( Black Desert, Secret World, etc., have the same "locked to Steam once you use Steam" setup ).
    Edited by Zorvan on November 22, 2017 4:37PM
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorvan wrote: »

You can link and switch an existing ZOS ESO account to Steam, but you cannot switch a Steam account to ZOS. So since your account is bound to Steam already ( as it is since you bought Morrowind from there ), you're stuck with Steam and any issues Steam has.

But can I buy a new copy to activate Morrowind outside of Steam and will steam go crazy if it notices I have 2 active morrowind chapters? Now that it is on sale it would be a perfect time to do that.
    Edit: And can I still access my cool emote and warden's bear skin & other deluxe-pre-order-super-additional-collectors-stuff if I only buy a vanilla versioin? I think I'll contact the customer support again...
    Edited by Sinolai on November 22, 2017 4:42PM
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    Dang. I have to admit, im kind of disappointed. I was hoping for a sale on ESO Plus, and perhaps even some crowns. I've been waiting since the beginning of the month to buy the aforementioned just in case there was a sale. :(
  • MalaVrazica
    MalaVrazica
    ✭✭✭

Virtually everyone has been waiting for the crowns sale... disappointing...
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZOS seems to tell everybody: We don't want your money.

So I'm gonna keep it and spend elsewhere.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

Seems pretty lame to not let people give them our money.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When are PC and PS4 getting their free play weekend? After you guys gave one to Xbone, it was said ours would be coming up, then nothing.

I'm still hoping to see a crown sale during the free to play week. I don't expect a heads up if this is the case though, they'll want people to buy full price crown packs instead of waiting for a sale.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭

You can link and switch an existing ZOS ESO account to Steam, but you cannot switch a Steam account to ZOS. So since your account is bound to Steam already ( as it is since you bought Morrowind from there ), you're stuck with Steam and any issues Steam has.

But can I buy a new copy to activate Morrowind outside of Steam and will steam go crazy if it notices I have 2 active morrowind chapters? Now that it is on sale it would be a perfect time to do that.
    Edit: And can I still access my cool emote and warden's bear skin & other deluxe-pre-order-super-additional-collectors-stuff if I only buy a vanilla versioin? I think I'll contact the customer support again...

If you want to make a completely new account with ZOS ( meaning no you won't be having anything you had before like pre-order stuff, emotes, and whatnot unless they also come with the new versions your buying), you can use the regular ESO client without Steam even with Steam and your Steam ESO client installed..Steam only cares about the client that's connected to Steam itself. But if you're going to be using your already existing account, then no. Everything on the account attached to Steam stays with Steam.

In short, you cannot unattach your existing Steam ESO account, or anything on it from Steam regardless what you do.
    Edited by Zorvan on November 22, 2017 4:59PM
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

Seems pretty lame to not let people give them our money.

New crown crates are coming so they want people to fully spend their money this time! No discount allowed!

I was also waiting for a crown sale and I will not buy any without it so, keeping my money.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on November 22, 2017 5:00PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to make a completely new account with ZOS ( meaning no you won't be having anything you had before like pre-order stuff, emotes, and whatnot unless they also come with the new versions your buying), you can use the regular ESO client without Steam even with Steam and your Steam ESO client installed..Steam only cares about the client that's connected to Steam itself. But if you're going to be using your already existing account, then no. Everything on the account attached to Steam stays with Steam.

But on the other hand, I can play my Warden as if I had Morrowind even when not using steam and just checked that atleast the bear skin and /kissthis are still unlocked in my collection. I just cant acceess Morrowind or Battlegrounds.

Edit: I need to restart my computer and try again. For the first time in 6 months, I launched the game without launching Steam (I think) and I ACTUALLY CAN ACCESS TO VVARDENFELL?!! Before I start celebrating, I need to check that the Steam is not running somewhere in the background :tongue:
    Edited by Sinolai on November 22, 2017 5:10PM
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭

But on the other hand, I can play my Warden as if I had Morrowind even when not using steam and just checked that atleast the bear skin and /kissthis are still unlocked in my collection. I just cant acceess Morrowind or Battlegrounds.

Then yeah stick with customer support, something's screwed up somewhere.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No crown sale? Well that was literally the only thing I wanted. I find the offerings presented here extremely lackluster. Sale on Morrowind? When you can literally get it elsewhere for cheaper already? I don't care for the bear mount so there's nothing to induce me to buy consumables in the black fredas pack. No sales/discounts on other crown store items even? Could you have possibly gone to LESS trouble this year?

No crown sale for me? Then I guess I don't have any money for you.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭

Seems it's already live in ESO store, but not Steam.