The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Huge bug: placing objects in a perfect 90 degree, 180 degree angle messes it up

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is most notasable with planks and with the homestead ocd addon where you can easily set objects on a 90 degree angle. What happens is that your object will appear on screen normally but you will be able to walk into it and the collision is set to a -90 degree angle or -180 degree angle ruining many projects. this forces people to set the object to an imperfect 91 or 89 degree angle in order to avoid collision
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me usually if i leave and come back or put item away and retry it will let me put it down at a perfect 90 degree angle. like it will let me do the first item at 90 degrees then the second bugs.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    This is most notasable with planks and with the homestead ocd addon where you can easily set objects on a 90 degree angle. What happens is that your object will appear on screen normally but you will be able to walk into it and the collision is set to a -90 degree angle or -180 degree angle ruining many projects.
    Yup, this is a problem with the way the game engine allows the display of objects at exact right angles.
    The solution to this is to set the object at a "close" 90 degree angle, such as "89.9".
    Doing that will prevent the object from "flipping" on its center and causing the collision problems.

• Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    Oms, u are a bloody genius. Games and I were griping about this exact thing the other day. Am going to try this at my (glitched) Ample Dom as soon as I get home. ❤️
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is annoying
    Beta tester November 2013