Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Saved variables file size limits

• Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolgubon wrote: »

The guild id is related to the guild name. It is different for everyone but with the guild name you can determine the guild ID.

While currently alikr might be 8 MB, if you changed stuff, maybe it would be 2-4. There would still be a large saved vars file but it would be smaller.

Addons have no effect on the format of the saved variable tables.

why do you think the guild id is related to the guild name? they are all zeros in my file. i havent scanned my own guilds trader lately so will do that and see if that changes it.

i put the guild id back in as i was getting errors that i havent seen before, but found the item it was bugging on. removed that from the file. it had some entries with no guild id. but so did a few of the others that did not bug. its math.util error for calculating weighted average thats failing. maybe i missed something on those items when the file went bad the other day.
    iv got a bit of work to do to see if i can edit it, but with the event currently, not likely to do much work on it heh.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The guild id is related to the guild name. It is different for everyone but with the guild name you can determine the guild ID.

While currently alikr might be 8 MB, if you changed stuff, maybe it would be 2-4. There would still be a large saved vars file but it would be smaller.

why do you think the guild id is related to the guild name? they are all zeros in my file. i havent scanned my own guilds trader lately so will do that and see if that changes it.

i put the guild id back in as i was getting errors that i havent seen before, but found the item it was bugging on. removed that from the file. it had some entries with no guild id. but so did a few of the others that did not bug. its math.util error for calculating weighted average thats failing. maybe i missed something on those items when the file went bad the other day.
    iv got a bit of work to do to see if i can edit it, but with the event currently, not likely to do much work on it heh.
  • cyx54tc
    cyx54tc
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that their lua parsing code has some bug which will cause the saved variable file to be reset. I used to have a reproducible case where the saved variable file generated by the game would get reset when you do reloadUI. Too lazy to find out why though. I just made a work around for it.
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

I think it is connected because it is...

Say you're in three guilds, ETU, BBC, and ESE. Say typing /g1 gets you ETU, /g2 BBC and so on. Then ETU has guild id 1, BBC has id 2, and ESE 3. Any guilds you are not in have a guild id of 0 or more accurately nil. Thus if you have the name of the guild, you can check if you're in the guild, and if you're not the id is 0, otherwise it is whatever order the guild is in your chat.

There's some caveats but this is the general idea.

Actually, saving the guild id as done in the saved cars could lead to bugs due to some of those caveats.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    I just experimented with savedvars. I manage to create a savedvar with 2.4 MB that gets corrupted
    for i = 1, entries do

CombatMetricsFightData_Save[i] = true

end

if entries is bigger than 131072 the last entry becomes weird
    ["CombatMetricsFightData_Save"] = true,

it uses its own handle as table key ...
    as usual this happens on load
    if I save longer values e.g.
    tostring(math.random())

then the max number becomes smaller
    Edited by Solinur on November 19, 2017 5:36PM
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solinur wrote: »
    I just experimented with savedvars. I manage to create a savedvar with 2.4 MB that gets corrupted
    for i = 1, entries do

CombatMetricsFightData_Save[i] = true

end

if entries is bigger than 131072 the last entry becomes weird
    ["CombatMetricsFightData_Save"] = true,

it uses its own handle as table key ...
    as usual this happens on load
    if I save longer values e.g.
    tostring(math.random())

then the max number becomes smaller

So max single table size is what you are implying?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭

So max single table size is what you are implying?

Yeah somehow. But it depends on the elements. And not in a way I can put into a formula.
    But it looks like the size of the sub elements limits the number of elements the table can have.
    If I save booleans or integers the table can take 131071 values.
    If I have tostring(math.random()) as elements its ~99,5 k.
    If I have {i, "ABC"..i, math.random()} as elements its ~52k

Edit: But somehow saving {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10} allows for 131k values again..

For a more technical discussion I made a thread over at ESOUI: http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33190
    Edited by Solinur on November 19, 2017 9:41PM
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i saw the discussion on esoui. thank you all for checking this out. hopefully the addon author will find a way to deal with this limitation.