The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon Finder Daily Pledge Credit

ol_BANK_lo
ol_BANK_lo
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom (I would include Mike Finnigan, but don't know his @)

So after doing Dungeon Finder so many times for so long, I still don't understand one thing. How come if I pick up the daily pledge, and get pulled into a group who is, let's say on the last boss. And I help them complete it, why don't I get credit for completing the pledge? I understand the pledge requires killing certain bosses. BUT, it's not my fault if I get pulled into a group who is past the first needed boss. It happened again for the countless time. I help them kill the last boss, and now I still have two bosses earlier in the dungeon to kill. So, do I go back in the queue again, and dip out after the second boss??? I should get credit for completing the pledge if I go in through the group finder and kill the last boss. I get screwed by helping out people who couldn't finish the dungeon, and will now screw someone else if I dip out after the first two bosses. Why is this a thing?
  • Nightves
    Nightves
    ✭✭
    It's not your fault you get roped that late into the dungeon run, I'd say it's just poor luck on your end.
    Since everyone else has to kill the same bosses for their pledge, I see nothing wrong with you doing the same. If it was really only the last boss you needed for the pledge, all people would do is skip to the end as much as possible just to get it over with.
    Also, it's your decision to leave after killing the two needed bosses. You don't have to "screw them over" and they can always search for another player if you do. No biggie.
    Plus, if you're really tired of getting backfilled in, you can always q with another person for pledges to make it less likely.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I had a thread about this not too long ago, and many had threads before me.

It's is possibly the most nonsensical thing in group finder and that's saying a lot.
    Edited by Inarre on November 9, 2017 3:11PM
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightves wrote: »
    It's not your fault you get roped that late into the dungeon run, I'd say it's just poor luck on your end.
    Since everyone else has to kill the same bosses for their pledge, I see nothing wrong with you doing the same. If it was really only the last boss you needed for the pledge, all people would do is skip to the end as much as possible just to get it over with.
    Also, it's your decision to leave after killing the two needed bosses. You don't have to "screw them over" and they can always search for another player if you do. No biggie.
    Plus, if you're really tired of getting backfilled in, you can always q with another person for pledges to make it less likely.

In most every dungeon, you can't just skip to the last boss. Perhaps there is a better way than just saying you get credit for killing the last boss, but there still has to be a better way that gives credit for those situations.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, when my people are on, I don't need the dungeon finder. I do it when I have a little time and just want to jump for a few. My people don't usually get on til later.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is true and solves your personal issue but passes on the issue of missing bosses to the next person who fills the group making a possibly never ending cycle of people doing half a dungeon and leaving.

Imo it would make far more sense for zos to just friggin fix it. :sweat:
    Edited by Inarre on November 9, 2017 3:24PM
  • MythicaLMeddLer
    MythicaLMeddLer
    ✭✭✭
    I also had the opposite happen...a guy left the group after the first boss because he said he only needed the first boss for the keys got others on prior run
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also had the opposite happen...a guy left the group after the first boss because he said he only needed the first boss for the keys got others on prior run

It's a never-ending cycle this way
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best is when you get a grp which already completed the dungeon and you only can leave the grp to get the awesome 15m cd for leaving....

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Message the devs to disable the replacement search after activity complete !!!!
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been requested numerous times to add an option "No in-progress groups" to the dungeon finder.

Keep the requests coming! Maybe some day ZOS will hear us.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YZjQvNj.jpg
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happened to me the other day as well, and it's damned annoying. Listen, I understand that at times a group looses a member because of a disconnect, computer crash, or some other RL emergency and the group needs a replacement. But if you do come in on the DF queue as a replacement, you should either get credit for the pledge, or some other kind of reward such as a guaranteed geode or crystal. It's not so bad if you come in on the last boss as you have only wasted maybe 15 minutes of your time, but if you come in after they have just killed the first boss, that's a considerable amount of wasted time. No pledge credit, no keys, no geode, nothing except possibly a monster helm with crappy traits :) And for a normal dungeon, you wouldn't even get that.

One clue I forgot about when I got pulled in was the "Instance Is Full" bug that happens when someone gets kicked from the group and you get pulled in as a replacement. From now on, I'm just going to refuse the ready check when I see that message until ZOS changes the way credit is given to DF replacements.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Finn
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usually just ask the people if they'll run the dungeon again with me so I can get the pledge. If they decline then I leave and queue again when my penalty is up, but that's only happened once.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭

For some it IS a big deal. Around two weeks ago I was on my healer and got for two last bosses of vCOH2. We did HM (had to approach two or three times, the team wasn't bad, just didn't know either of the tactics possible there for HM), so I signed for nCOH2 to do the remaining bosses (I can't solo Ruzozuzalpamaz because my healer's DPS is not that great and the thread/cobweb thing kills me - I sometimes get lucky on my DDs and can kill it before that attack or my AOE kill it anyway). Then I said it was all I needed, wished them luck and told them to have fun (nothing ill meant by it, really), then I've quit. Oh the rage. Out of all the names I was called noob and idiot were the least rude. I replied only to ask ZOS why do they backfill failed pledges with people queuing for anything other than random. Then I was added to ignore list. Go figure... So yeah, for some people it IS a big deal.

The easiest way to solve that is to backfill only with people queuing for random. I assure you, 99.99% of them will be very happy to join only for the last boss.
    xSkullfox wrote: »
    Best is when you get a grp which already completed the dungeon and you only can leave the grp to get the awesome 15m cd for leaving....

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Message the devs to disable the replacement search after activity complete !!!!

It has happened to me a few times. By the time I ported, the group was already disbanded. Seems someone just queued for a replacement and continued with the dungeon.